GoonSquadCentral

DayZ Standalone... ...Let's Talk.

yes, thats understandable. but, the 2 million player community thats still supporting him and made this all possible for him cant get annoyed? i mean ,yes, kickstarting gives say, but, wouldnt the supporters (us, the players) have the same sort of say?

Why should we have a say? Should we have a say in what the sound of our favorite artist's next record should be just because we are fans? Or should we support and respect changes if the artist in question wants to make something different?

No, I don't think fans should have a say. If asked we should express our opinons and discuss but in no case should we be part of the actual decisions. Just my opinion.

EDIT: Feels like I answered something else. No, if we get annoyed we aren't really supporters. Just impatient.

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 2

Regarding the weather, you're probably concerned because as of now there hasn't been a devblog that focuses on the weather itself.  In the vids it's usually a bright sunny day.  I can assure you though that when the new volumetric clouds roll in and the sun sinks in the sky Chernarus does indeed start to look quite atmospheric.

It's worth remembering that in the devblogs, they are never showing you the whole game at once, they usually focus on one or two things that they are working on at the time.

• Like 2

Hey look, a thread ranting about SA not being out!  I've never seen one of these before!  Maybe Rocket will actually release SA since someone was "brilliant" enough to make a thread about it not being out!

Why should we have a say? Should we have a say in what the sound of our favorite artist's next record should be just because we are fans? Or should we support and respect changes if the artist in question wants to make something different?

No, I don't think fans should have a say. If asked we should express our opinons and discuss but in no case should we be part of the actual decisions. Just my opinion.

And soz for the double post but I agree.  Games designed by comittee simply don't work, history has proved that.  We can of course offer our opinions and the devs can take them or leave them.

When it's released we can vote with our wallets.

Edited by Fraggle

Regarding the weather, you're probably concerned because as of now there hasn't been a devblog that focuses on the weather itself.  In the vids it's usually a bright sunny day.  I can assure you though that when the new volumetric clouds roll in and the sun sinks in the sky Chernarus does indeed start to look quite atmospheric.

It's worth remembering that in the devblogs, they are never showing you the whole game at once, they usually focus on one or two things that they are working on at the time.

well ever since the beginning, if oyu look at some of the main "trailers" for dayz, they do look pretty, well, apocolypse like, i know its little, and really not even anything to be annoyed at, but, eh, whatever

well ever since the beginning, if oyu look at some of the main "trailers" for dayz, they do look pretty, well, apocolypse like, i know its little, and really not even anything to be annoyed at, but, eh, whatever

Well don't worry, weather will be a focus for the devs =)

thats not the problem. the problem is they took the ak-74 out COMPLETELY then added in the m4 as a base gun instead of using a gun that was already ingame

The AK47 you saw in those videos was a placeholder gun from ArmA because none of the new weapons had been finished yet, just like the inventory had placeholder graphics and they were using placeholder player skeleton/animations from ArmA 3 while waiting for the new skeleton to be completed.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

The AK47 you saw in those videos was a placeholder gun from ArmA because none of the new weapons had been finished yet.

so they've only really worked on one gun?

From what I've understood from the devblogs they have chosen to complete the M4 since it is one of the more complicated ones in the game. When it is finished they can use the configurations as a template on the other guns.

The M4 would h ave been chosen because it's one of the most widely configurable guns that is available.

Once that's one it's just a matter of working backwards with the other weapons.

And soz for the double post but I agree.

That is the secret to Fraggles post count, a bunch of "accidental" double posts. I also have it on good authority from a secret source that he spams cat memes in the moderator forum.

• Like 5

They have done models for others but only the M4 has been added in-game as it's the most complex in terms of attachments and there would be no point configuring a lot of guns only to find out they need to change how the attachment system works and redo them all. If they can make all the attachments work with the M4 then every other weapon should be easy.

Edited by SmashT

They have done models for others but only the M4 has been added in-game as it's the most complex in terms of attachments and there would be no point configuring a lot of guns only to find out they need to change how the attachment system works and redo them all. If they can make all the attachments work with the M4 then every other weapon should be easy.

lol i feel liek a bit of an idiot now -.-

If what you say is true id agree to a point. Although,we haven't pre-ordered or anything so how could you get so upset? And as for environment I 100% disagree. I think the lighting and shadowing are done well at this point and are very realistic. In what world does an infection affect the weather? Just because there are zombies does not mean the environment has to be gloomy.... id prefer if it was not. I love finding little nice places to relax and chill at.

lol i feel liek a bit of an idiot now -.-

Don't feel like an idiot lol.  It can be hard to keep up.

To put your mind at rest here's a teaser:

crossbow_zps573e8169.jpg

enfield_zpsc8f8b892.jpg

gun_zps63df6285.jpg

Remember that every new gun is being made from scratch, they're not just porting stuff in from Arma 2 or 3.

• Like 2

People are so retarted.

You really ought to read the whole thread before making an ass of yourself like that.

• Like 1

thats not the problem. the problem is they took the ak-74 out COMPLETELY then added in the m4 as a base gun instead of using a gun that was already ingame

I'm still highly positive there still is the AK 74, but they just removed it as from the so far dev build of the game.

Don't feel like an idiot lol.  It can be hard to keep up.

To put your mind at rest here's a teaser:

crossbow_zps573e8169.jpg

enfield_zpsc8f8b892.jpg

gun_zps63df6285.jpg

Remember that every new gun is being made from scratch, they're not just porting stuff in from Arma 2 or 3.

that crossbow is my new best friend if i play standalone

• Like 1

I wish they could do bolt action animation to guns, it was really a buzzkiller with a lee enfield for not having a bolt action animation just poof...poof...poof.. or lever action with winchester. Not sure if this is impossible...

• Like 3

I was in Bosnia where some attrocities occured, by any means an apocalypse to those suffering, yet I remember people smiling and flowers blooming in the sunshine, even the harsh snow was not dull.

Unless a nuclear apocalypse I think the world will still appear beautifull.

Patience as far as the SA goes, who gives a crap if its not out yet, rocket and co have kept us in the loop and many here and non members are waiting for this game knowing he made the right decision to wait.

• Like 1

So, hi.

I'm Jeremy, rather known as TwelfthSense.

Like most of you, I've been playing DayZ for over a year. watching it grow and grow, more community, players, and servers.

i remember in late November, rocket was saying the stand alone would be released in early February, then, he got the chance to make it a full game, which, is a rather good reason to postphone.

It's not September, and theres been about 10 post phones already, and lots of weird stuff.

-they had the ak-74 in and had it balanced all out, then they took it out and started working on the m4 carbine for a balancing weapon.

-trips of members of the dev team

-remodeling ALREADY remodeled objects and players/zeds

-just now; they've taken out hte zeds again to add different ones

-and about 100 more things

Listen, i LOVE DayZ. I truly do. But even as a long time fan, i've lost trust in Rocket as a Developer, and i'm sure many of you have already. and i've gave up on waiting for hte game. i may buy it, but, i probably wont play it.

tons of promises he's made and broke them.

and if its taking them THIS long, they better make it seem like an actual apocolypse, cause right now, it looks like a madman filled paradise world, its too bright adn nice looking for a apocolypse. like, wheres the shady dark skies and the haze and fog, thhe wind and storms.

to most, this may just seem like a rant, but, let me know what ya'll think! 

Okay, I want to begin by saying that every red mark is minus one credibility point to your post. If I can see the spell check underlining words when I quote you, then I KNOW you can see them when you type. By default I give you zero credibility, due to the fact that I have no idea who you are or what your credentials are. Therefore you're already at -12 credibility.

Now to address your points in bold.

1: the m4 is not a "balancing" weapon. It's a TEMPLATE so they can get weapon attachments working properly. It's a very common practice in game dev to make a template item and then use the same code and process to pump out other, similar items. This actually SAVES development time and makes everything work exactly the same way, which is a VERY GOOD THING.

2: Hall had that trip planned out almost a year in advance. He could not postpone it. It costed him almost $100,000 out of his own pocket. Let the man vacation when and where he damn well pleases. Dean is his own man and he doesn't have to answer to know-nothings on the internet about his personal life.

3: They haven't re-remodeled anything. There was the mod version, and then the improved Standalone version. Two versions mean there was one original model, and a second remodel.

4: Zeds clearly don't work properly, and they aren't "taking them out." You act like a video game is a physical thing that you have to deconstruct before you can add more parts. They can still reprogram the zombies and it does NOT affect the release of the alpha. They'll just use the old ones till the new ones work, que idiota.

5: what 100 other things? You can't just say that like it's just a fact.

6: Don't speak for anyone but yourself. You don't know my opinion.

7: Dean never made any "promises." Every release date he set was TENTATIVE and he constantly used the words "hope," "plan," "we're trying to" and things like that. These are not promises.

8: This long? You mean the ONE year since the project was green-lit for standalone development? Let me ask you something. How long do you ACTUALLY think it takes to develop most games on the market today? Because it's about 4 years or more. That would mean that DayZ has had 1/4th of the development time of any major title game, and yet you expect it to be released and fully functional already?

9: Like, just because humans died off doesn't mean the world would suddenly become brown, black, and white. I know that's "all the rage" these days in games - to just cover your screen with a disgusting mix of shit-green and shit-brown, on a backdrop of grey nothingness - but it doesn't have to be that way. Grass is still green in the apocalypse. Trees still grow. The sun still shines. The game is already pretty depressing sometimes. I don't need a "color scheme" to tell me that.

/Waste of time thread is a waste of time. Here, have a tin can.  :emptycan:

Edited by SalamanderAnder

im not mad about it, just rather confused and a bit annoyed on everything. and there has been multiple promised releases. if oyu go watch the dev vids and blogs, you'll see.

and as for the weather, in rockets own words, this is pretty much a zombie apocolypse simulation. now after a apocolypse, do you expect everything do look like fiji?

No, there's been one confirmed release date, everything else was either speculation and wild guesses from Rocket or misquotes on gaming websites.

Edited by colekern

i get the practise part, but that can happen when adding more weapons in. its that they've had the ak perfected as a base weapon then took it out when they could have made much more progress without doing that

They haven't even shown the AK in-game in the standalone as far as I remember.

Edit: I'm retarded.

Edited by colekern

If they don't do Fiji ahm a be royally pissed !

Fiji has been confirmed for the standalone. [source]

Yeah, childish. I know.

• Like 2