I was asking if you where talking about his SA..i didn't say you where talking about the SA.

Also comparing to Deans 1.6.2 isn't what you should be doing (and no one said 1.6.2 was good in regards to zeds) .Dean was still greatly tweaking zeds a lot at the time but stopped as he was obviously focused on SA and you guys took over fully. With new additions and features to the game comes re-balancing and you haven't re-balanced the zeds to fit your new features...1.6.2 was mabie fine for the features he had at the time (damages ...infection...vision ...hearing etc) but u bet your ass if dean wasn't working on a SA ...then dean would have re-balanced the zeds to fit his features and i think you guys have overlooked this. Don't compare to 1.6.2 :)

We are talking the numbers behind the system. if you did a full out compare you would see alot of changes but the numbers needed to trigger where pretty good and still are. There has never been a reason to update these settings they work well based on arma2's poor systems.

The fact is the zeds have no new features at all. Infection isn't new never has been. Theirs a new type of zed but outside of this the zeds are pretty much the same they work based on the limits we have under the license's we have to follow. The way they move was totally redone but again we are fully limited by the engine limits there's just some stuff we can not correct.

As i said above if you send videos of the issues we can look into them but as it stands i don't see a lot of the issues you have reported. In fact the hitting tho wall one i haven't seen in a long time but then again i don't have zeds follow me into buildings and if i do i deal with the pretty fast.

• Like 1

We are talking the numbers behind the system. if you did a full out compare you would see alot of changes but the numbers needed to trigger where pretty good and still are. There has never been a reason to update these settings they work well based on arma2's poor systems.

The fact is the zeds have no new features at all. Infection isn't new never has been. Theirs a new type of zed but outside of this the zeds are pretty much the same they work based on the limits we have under the license's we have to follow. The way they move was totally redone but again we are fully limited by the engine limits there's just some stuff we can not correct.

As i said above if you send videos of the issues we can look into them but as it stands i don't see a lot of the issues you have reported. In fact the hitting tho wall one i haven't seen in a long time but then again i don't have zeds follow me into buildings and if i do i deal with the pretty fast.

Zeds hit for a ton of damage now (most of it caused by them hitting you through walls and doors etc) and from further distances than they should be able to reach (with no animation alot of the time...just a thud noise) and yes they still walk through walls and/or hit you through walls/doors ...you don't need a video to show you that lol just ask honest people on the forums or take a good look at how they do it in-game version 1.8 especially (mabie you should try to go inside a house whilst swarmed or into a barracks and ull see what i mean). Listen you need to look at zeds again ...really take into mind the infection chance (increased by the amount of zeds you have on you) ..take into mind the damage they do and also that you cant sneak past them properly like i said from my previous example about crawling crouching running and waiting....take into mind the speed at which you can sneak past them in high populated pvp areas ...just take into mind everything you can think of that effects gameplay.

Zeds in the current version are nothing but a glitchy annoyance that chase you into building untill u lose them....i miss the versions where you could sneak past them at a reasonable speed if you weren't too close or made too much noise and in the right stance using the right cover...hell i miss looting randoms houses (not in towns) for loot instead of this: Spawn....run to closest big town...lose trail of zeds before or in the town...find building and gather loot....run out and lose zeds through another house again and then loot another house. Its just not viable to do it any other way at the moment...its like ok i can spend 1 hour sneaking around a town past zeds to get some loot and most certainly probably get shot by a bandit whilst sneaking around..or spend 10 mind running around getting loot and losing zeds to get fully (or almost) fully geared and minimal chance of getting killed by bandit. And you got it right ...people go for the viable option.

Btw im not saying zeds hit you through walls as much as they used to...but they still do.

Edited by Massicor

Zeds hit for a ton of damage now (most of it caused by them hitting you through walls and doors etc) and from further distances than they should be able to reach (with no animation alot of the time...just a thud noise) and yes they still walk through walls and/or hit you through walls/doors ...you don't need a video to show you that lol just ask honest people on the forums or take a good look at how they do it in-game version 1.8 especially (mabie you should try to go inside a house whilst swarmed or into a barracks and ull see what i mean). Listen you need to look at zeds again ...really take into mind the infection chance (increased by the amount of zeds you have on you) ..take into mind the damage they do and also that you cant sneak past them properly like i said from my previous example about crawling crouching running and waiting....take into mind the speed at which you can sneak past them in high populated pvp areas ...just take into mind everything you can think of that effects gameplay.

Zeds in the current version are nothing but a glitchy annoyance that chase you into building untill u lose them....i miss the versions where you could sneak past them at a reasonable speed if you weren't too close or made too much noise and in the right stance using the right cover...hell i miss looting randoms houses (not in towns) for loot instead of this: Spawn....run to closest big town...lose trail of zeds before or in the town...find building and gather loot....run out and lose zeds through another house again and then loot another house. Its just not viable to do it any other way at the moment...its like ok i can spend 1 hour sneaking around a town past zeds to get some loot and most certainly probably get shot by a bandit whilst sneaking around..or spend 10 mind running around getting loot and losing zeds to get fully (or almost) fully geared and minimal chance of getting killed by bandit. And you got it right ...people go for the viable option.

Btw im not saying zeds hit you through walls as much as they used to...but they still do.

I guess we need to hope SA have the correct settings then to please everyone.

The only thing I've seen myself is that Zeds walked through a wall of a barn. Didn't got hit from the distance or through walls yet though.

I guess we need to hope SA have the correct settings then to please everyone.

SA and mod ...2 totally different things so the settings in that wont work in the mod and you know this so why the silly reply...cmon razor :)

As infection currently exists, it would be better to remove it than to not touch it.

Infection that brought you to 6k was already crippling enough to warrant suicide to fix it the majority of the time.

I seriously cannot see how. If you choose to suicide, that's your problem. I play and can generally avoid infection. Even if I'm infected, it's not the end of the game. It can be cured both by resting and using antibiotics. Furthermore, the current update gives us more tools to fight infection like antiseptic wipes and the ability to craft said item. Infection makes the game more challenging, and therefore more enjoyable to me. DayZ is not your kid's bullshit game that you can just put on easy mode and go around never facing adversity. It's supposed to be difficult. If you don't like it, get out.

about 2 hrs ago when i was on zombie hit me though wall at shop :lol: they still are going through walls and other items.

As I said before, the zeds in this version are the best they've been in the over a year I've been playing. They will never be perfect.

I linked to a video that pretty much puts the lie to claims that zeds can see you crouching or prone from a mile away. If someone has a video that shows something different, by all means. It's simply not true. It sounds like some folks want to jet past the zeds and have them just be a backdrop. "Pardon me, infected man, I'm late for a can of beans."

Now, do they glitch through doors? Yes. Do they walk through walls and other objects? Yes. I've been trapped in the back of the barracks hallway and found myself hitting a door while the zeds stood attacking through it. But guess what I could've done... moved into a room. If you know how the glitches work, why fall for them? I've not been hit through a wall in a couple of versions. I've been hit through a tent... But, then, I can hit them through a tent, too. Most of the time it comes down to situational awareness.

Having been testing for a few months now, I can bear witness to the fact that the devs are working extremely hard on the zeds. They will always need work and it is sooooo true that the minute you fix something with them, something else breaks. So, these zeds are the culmination of compromises made to get them to be the smoothest they can be. They will always need work, it's true... bit don't think for a second the choices made are arbitrary or that nothing has been done with regard to zed behavior. And this update has some aspects of zed behavior advancing in huge leaps over the way they were before.

• Like 2

As I said before, the zeds in this version are the best they've been in the over a year I've been playing. They will never be perfect.

I linked to a video that pretty much puts the lie to claims that zeds can see you crouching or prone from a mile away. If someone has a video that shows something different, by all means. It's simply not true. It sounds like some folks want to jet past the zeds and have them just be a backdrop. "Pardon me, infected man, I'm late for a can of beans."

Now, do they glitch through doors? Yes. Do they walk through walls and other objects? Yes. I've been trapped in the back of the barracks hallway and found myself hitting a door while the zeds stood attacking through it. But guess what I could've done... moved into a room. If you know how the glitches work, why fall for them? I've not been hit through a wall in a couple of versions. I've been hit through a tent... But, then, I can hit them through a tent, too. Most of the time it comes down to situational awareness.

Having been testing for a few months now, I can bear witness to the fact that the devs are working extremely hard on the zeds. They will always need work and it is sooooo true that the minute you fix something with them, something else breaks. So, these zeds are the culmination of compromises made to get them to be the smoothest they can be. They will always need work, it's true... bit don't think for a second the choices made are arbitrary or that nothing has been done with regard to zed behavior. And this update has some aspects of zed behavior advancing in huge leaps over the way they were before.

You've given a video showing they don't see you from a great distance...iv seen loads on youtube showing they do see you from a great distance when they shouldn't and also personal experience and that of people telling me the same in game and on forums. Go check youtube if you don't believe me (and make sure you check that the video your watching is the current version) . It also baffles me how you seem to miss the point that yes you can sneak past zeds quite easy but i think watching your video explains it all lol ..it took you 9 mins to sneak past zeds from starting from the tree at shore outside chern to reach orange brick house :)) its very nonviable to sneak around at that speed and will lead to you getting shot by a bandit in full 60 man servers...you can count on it.

Edited by Massicor

entspeak i get you love whatever is going to be done .you almost sound like you at razors house lying in bed with the covers drew back ;)

situational awareness for zombies smashing you through solid walls. man youll go far with your support and excuses. i fully understand testing and game progression. the devs have no easy task but dont let em slide on simple stuff. thats why i often ride grind out shit because silly stupid things need to be sorted to be done make the game better !

some devs hate me ! :P  good ! what people might not understand is i want the game to be the best it can be ! letting things slide by or thats good enough when it isnt isnt a option with me ill speak up say my bit people wont agree fair enough. too many people especially in gaming at moment are putting out bs games with no depth or originality this is one project which is good and original which if done right will be great for years !

so why skimp on little things that annoy ?

people do understand that things break with builds thats a gimme. but its how you deal with those breaks that really shows the difference. some annoying bugs are still present that are old not new.

i actually think how the original zombies were were better. for pure avoidance and stealthing around . you could creeep walk around towns crouched. you do this on busy servers now you still get noticed. would be nice to have a range detector to have alook at this to see the spook range of zombies. to see if anything is different.

simple things like zombie hit detection , how many times a zombie like 20 ft away you hear the bum and see your hit ? all the time this has nothing to do with its realistic or its one of those things thats a basic. if not in arms length no hit simple. someone will probably say now doesnt happen happens all the time like earlier on the 1.8 test server.

Edited by dgeesio

I seriously cannot see how. If you choose to suicide, that's your problem. I play and can generally avoid infection. Even if I'm infected, it's not the end of the game. It can be cured both by resting and using antibiotics. Furthermore, the current update gives us more tools to fight infection like antiseptic wipes and the ability to craft said item. Infection makes the game more challenging, and therefore more enjoyable to me. DayZ is not your kid's bullshit game that you can just put on easy mode and go around never facing adversity. It's supposed to be difficult. If you don't like it, get out.

Previously infection was a thing that existed and was a hindrance.  You didn't want to have it, but it wasn't a guaranteed death the moment another player spotted you.  The huge disadvantage caused by 100% chance of dying the moment someone sees you meant it was better to suicide in a way that would let you reclaim your gear than to rush into high population zones for a chance at curing the infection.

There was nothing wrong with that infection.  Every change to it since has been worse than that.

Lowering zombie count and making them painfully easy to lose is super casual, but are you fighting for having the old zombies that could be a threat since you could never lose them, there were 2-4 times as many spawned, and their respawn timers were so fast you could have to deal with hundreds at a time, but it was actually possible to stealth without going so slow that you were actually making it more dangerous by simply being there 10 times longer than you had to?

Edited by Castle

It seems to me the mod is continually getting worse and worse

My anus is quite prepared for all the fanboys on the bandwagon to come charging in 

yes it is, its like, stop modding dayz and release the game already.

Now everything is going to break again, and it was stable on 1.7.6.1, now the zombies are to OP and no antobotics spawn 1.7.7.1

how exciting.

each update RUINS the game more and more.

stop releasing crap updates and release the damn game already

Edited by piffkush

They did not

everything is much worse now, once you get "hit" you have 15 minutes to find a sterile wipe to clean your wounds

if you don't clean the wound, you get infected and loose 1 blood/sec

vehicles still gets hogged that will never get fixed. Antibiotics are still rare, but medical supplies actually spawn in hospitals again!

there is a crafting system now....but the stuff you need to craft is so rare good luck ever using the system.

Everything is also super rare now, such as guns and ammo, and the zombies while are alot better need their detection rate tuned down like .5% to be perfect.

I find the infection stupid. I get moderate cuts scrapes and such all the time. In fact, in my whole life, I've never had an infected wound. I generally rinse with water when I get a chance, and that's about it. Hell even deep shit, just rinse and maybe bandage.

You've given a video showing they don't see you from a great distance...iv seen loads on youtube showing they do see you from a great distance when they shouldn't and also personal experience and that of people telling me the same in game and on forums. Go check youtube if you don't believe me (and make sure you check that the video your watching is the current version) . It also baffles me how you seem to miss the point that yes you can sneak past zeds quite easy but i think watching your video explains it all lol ..it took you 9 mins to sneak past zeds from starting from the tree at shore outside chern to reach orange brick house :)) its very nonviable to sneak around at that speed and will lead to you getting shot by a bandit in full 60 man servers...you can count on it.

Since you claimed it, it would be your job to link a video. ;)

If you thought it would be the job of your opponents to prove your theory, you are wrong. It's always the one who made up a theory who needs to backup his claimes. Otherwise there's no need to take someone serious, btw.

If there are lots of youtube videos proving your experience, fine, it should be easy for you to link 2 or 3.

Well, at least, despite of your doubts, his tactics seemed to work.

Anyway, there are lots of possible playstiles. The sneaky way, the rush or a mixture of both. Rushing through a town now is a bit more difficult than before since you'll aggro more Zeds. On the other hand, the sneaky and slow playstile always has been complicated a lot by PvP folks. Glad, to see them complain most.

Edited by Ken Bean

Patiently waiting for the new patch to be released on dayzcommander! Pre thanks Razor for all the good work.

Now, some questions and a few points.

I don't understand how the patch updates work with the mods of the mod. I am wondering if the people who are unsatisfied haven't played the latest patch on official hive? It is very difficult. Maybe they're reacting to zombie difficulty increase from patch release of appx. 2 months ago. I continue to see twitch streams and youtube videos of players running carelessly around zombies while the zombies do nothing. No offense, but the mod variants look like a freakin joke.

Btw, I love the difficulty. As others have said, it's doubling rewarding watching the kill messages stream down the log while I cruise through the game unconcerned. Why? Because I got better. I learned, I adapted. I still find myself in hairy situations. I had a close call in Elektro earlier today and nearly died at nwaf atc this afternoon (doing stupid shit, mind you). This is exactly how the game should be. Kudos to Razor.

I'm wondering if the camo nets made it in? Can anyone report on their effectiveness?

The "zombies glitch-hit through walls" argument carries no weight. To second this point, everyone knows where those glitches are-Just avoid them! 

In regards the danger of aggroing zombies in towns, can you not anymore run into a building and pull out your axe and silently dispatch immediate threat whilst preventing further zombie aggro? I mean c'mon, that's a standard tactic. I'm just going to assume that hasn't changed and if you don't know that tactic, then you might want to team with someone who plays better than you and learn some stuff. Besides, it must be a known tactic since they worked to improve the functionality by adding the weapon changing hot keys.

Last, infection is not a death sentence! To validate again what another intelligent poster just said, you can live indefinitely with the infection. Trust me, I've done it. I never suicide and I never, ever quit. No matter how dire the situation. This is the mentality of DayZ. This mentality has allowed me to overcome the infection. I could care less when I get infected. So my blood drops a little, eat a fucking cow! Also, don't give up my friends. When you get good at the game and learn how to look, you will find all the antis you will need. They are in stashes, in tents, in vehicles, at heli crash sites, in warehouses, in hospitals (yes! hospitals). Do some stealth, watch a battle go down, kill the final survivor(s), take all the antis left on the bodies. Was gonna say "no sweat", but yes some sweat, that's what makes it rewarding. 

I'm not here to shame you for your lack of gaming fortitude. I'm here to encourage you and let you know there are still greater levels of accomplishment in DayZ if you'd only stop complaining and start trying!

p.s. Razor-the hard zombies have finally given me an edge over other players; now I'm a good player! (no longer the self-styled Worst DayZ Player of All Time) Please don't make the zombies too easy, don't make curing infection too easy. But yeah, dude, kudos again and again, the mod is shaping up to be one kick ass game. Me and my mates are absolutely loving it now!

• Like 3

any news? finally released? :huh: <_<

no chance this being released today or get ready for bandwagons of hate if they pushing out early because there are quite a few bugs that need fixing more so than last patch so a newer build needs doing first.

Edited by dgeesio

no chance this being released today or get ready for bandwagons of hate if they pushing out early because there are quite aq few bugs that need fixing more so than last patch so a newer build needs doing first.

thank you for info man!! :)

SO lets hope the standalone comes not earlier than 1.8 :D

Patiently waiting for the new patch to be released on dayzcommander! Pre thanks Razor for all the good work.

I don't understand how the patch updates work with the mods of the mod. I am wondering if the people who are unsatisfied haven't played the latest patch on official hive? It is very difficult. Maybe they're reacting to zombie difficulty increase from patch release of appx. 2 months ago. I continue to see twitch streams and youtube videos of players running carelessly around zombies while the zombies do nothing. No offense, but the mod variants look like a freakin joke.

Btw, I love the difficulty. As others have said, it's doubling rewarding watching the kill messages stream down the log while I cruise through the game unconcerned. Why? Because I got better. I learned, I adapted. I still find myself in hairy situations. I had a close call in Elektro earlier today and nearly died at nwaf atc this afternoon (doing stupid shit, mind you). This is exactly how the game should be. Kudos to Razor.

I'm wondering if the camo nets made it in? Can anyone report on their effectiveness?

The "zombies glitch-hit through walls" argument carries no weight. To second this point, everyone knows where those glitches are-Just avoid them! 

In regards the danger of aggroing zombies in towns, can you not anymore run into a building and pull out your axe and silently dispatch immediate threat whilst preventing further zombie aggro? I mean c'mon, that's a standard tactic. I'm just going to assume that hasn't changed and if you don't know that tactic, then you might want to team with someone who plays better than you and learn some stuff. Besides, it must be a known tactic since they worked to improve the functionality by adding the weapon changing hot keys.

Last, infection is not a death sentence! To validate again what another intelligent poster just said, you can live indefinitely with the infection. Trust me, I've done it. I never suicide and I never, ever quit. No matter how dire the situation. This is the mentality of DayZ. This mentality has allowed me to overcome the infection. I could care less when I get infected. So my blood drops a little, eat a fucking cow! Also, don't give up my friends. When you get good at the game and learn how to look, you will find all the antis you will need. They are in stashes, in tents, in vehicles, at heli crash sites, in warehouses, in hospitals (yes! hospitals). Do some stealth, watch a battle go down, kill the final survivor(s), take all the antis left on the bodies. Was gonna say "no sweat", but yes some sweat, that's what makes it rewarding. 

I'm not here to shame you for your lack of gaming fortitude. I'm here to encourage you and let you know there are still greater levels of accomplishment in DayZ if you'd only stop complaining and start trying!

p.s. Razor-the hard zombies have finally given me an edge over other players; now I'm a good player! (no longer the self-styled Worst DayZ Player of All Time) Please don't make the zombies too easy, don't make curing infection too easy. But yeah, dude, kudos again and again, the mod is shaping up to be one kick ass game. Me and my mates are absolutely loving it now!

this is the normal response to anyone who differs from the i love dayz blindly and its great no matter squad .

what some of you may not know me and death dealer have probably put in 30-50 hrs on the test server testing this patch and played dayz the actual mod probably 2000 hrs ! so we arnt new we can easily live survive in dayz. . as normal cause people dont agree "you cant play dayz you must be new blah blah bug dont exist " :rolleyes: 

so while we havent been trying it :rolleyes: and putting in the time looking for bugs and things that need fixing to make the game better i guess there is no point when everytime you put a response or see something that needs fixing tweaking people put these type fanboy responses learn to play dayz yadada yadada yadada .

I think it is going to be people with your attitude who end up on Stand Alone, and that's a great thing.

Part of me worries that new players thrown into the mod, weapon-less, prone to infection and starvation are going to struggle. However then I remembered how an entire set of people played Dark Souls without even knowing Demon's Souls existed. It's these challenging but fair games which I enjoy. The difficulty on DayZ isn't stupid. When the mod works correctly the Zoms don't require too many rounds to kill - one headshot will always work. 

I agree about the zoms coming through walls and hitting through walls. One walked through a house the other day, I didn't know it could glitch through in that particular place, it was a shock and ruined the immersion a bit. However, I don't think it is something they can fix without throwing *tons* of resources and time at it. It would be a waste of time if they spent all their time fixing that only for SA to come out. Or if they spent all their time on it rather than implementing new gameplay features. People should remember that this is alpha and that our feedback about the mod will likely influence the direction of the SA. It would be extremely unlikely that they would get us to test crafting in the mod then not include it in the SA for example. Also, no one has paid for DayZ, they paid for Arma II (sorry, that always causes arguments).

The never giving up gameplay style does make it rewarding, yes. Though I'm glad I don't have to get good enough to live with the infection indefinitely! The latest anti-septic measures should do just fine. 

I suppose my point is that a sensible, thoughtful approach is what is needed here. Glad some people are doing just that.

Edited by bibbish

OK....Now it's twice that a release date has been posted and yet, no update! If you don't know for sure then don't get our hopes up again and again. Just say it's TBD and suprise us one day when it pops up in DayZ Commander. That's all we ask. If you don't know, just say so!

OK....Now it's twice that a release date has been posted and yet, no update! If you don't know for sure then don't get our hopes up again and again. Just say it's TBD and suprise us one day when it pops up in DayZ Commander. That's all we ask. If you don't know, just say so!

We don't control the release never have. The files are sat waiting :-(, even the update post is done and waiting we just don't have permission to release nor do we have access to steam or anything like that.

Its only like 3pm here last i looked a day had 24 hours in it.

Plus we never once released a date outside of the 16th here on the forums.