R4Z0R49

Bean King

• DayZ Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Filters are being worked on.

Fuzz-o-vision

The greatest place on the internet (and the home of fun and adventure): Musty Gaming.

--

Please use the search function before posting.

#142 RogueNZ

RogueNZ

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

time frame of the infection becoming infected again? minutes :lol:  and so we move the goal posts again to suit the game mechanics

Constant supply of ammo to suit your pvp needs, same shit different DayZ

edit

:lol:

Edited by RogueNZ, 13 September 2013 - 10:47 PM.

..and with dust in throat I crave, only knowledge will I save, to the game you stay a slave. 

Roamer, wanderer Nomad, vagabond. Call me what you will. 

Carved upon my stone "My body lies, but still I roam".. (Metallica)

#143 SalamanderAnder

SalamanderAnder

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationBerezino

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Just get rid of it and make zombies HS only or tougher, it's all that was needed.

How realistic is it to just cure the infection with antibiotics anyways? If that was the answer in the first place then why did the world go to shit? Surely it spread because no known antibiotic could cure it?

Really though the Zombie A.I is borked, that is the main problem with the game and has always been the number one issue. It's why I want SA so I can finally have zombies that are fun to fight, if they're not fixed then there is no value in SA for me. I'm sick of having to run to a building just so I can have a fair fight because out in the open their don't animated smoothly and can randomly hit you without an animation. Right now every time I aggro a zombie it's like "oh ffs just keep running, find a tree or a building" and now you've made them worse, they've ruined the game. Ever since you made it so you get infected all the time, all my friends have quit, we never got infected before. Until the last major patch 1.7.7.1 or whatever it was I never got infected from when I started playing last year in may until that patch...

The game isn't fun any more and tbh all I do instead of looking for loot now is just look to kill players because it's just less effort than dealing with the zombies.

Wow, cry more buddy.

1: The infection you catch is NOT the zombie infection. It's normal kinds of infections which exist in the real world and can kill you in real life. DayZ is a survival game so therefore your players health and condition are important. That's what makes it DayZ. Furthermore, you can cure infections by resting. So you don't need antibiotics.

2: Doors and gates no longer break your legs so this complaint is completely invalid.

3: Infection is easy to avoid if you know how to use melee or lose zombies.

Yeah, the zombies need work. But removing infection is not helpful in any way. You say to make zombies difficult, but then you say that infection makes them too difficult. Make up your fucking mind. All you ever do on this forum is bitch and moan. If you hate the game so much, then why don't you quit playing it? Sounds to me like you'd be happier on wasteland or something.

Edited by SalamanderAnder, 14 September 2013 - 04:45 AM.

• bibbish gave their beans

#144 SausageKingofChicago

SausageKingofChicago

3PP:OFF is easyhard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2872 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Love it. Needs more servers and less bugs but I dig it. It's nice and hard now.

#145 R4Z0R49

R4Z0R49

Bean King

• DayZ Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

why don´t we get info about release-date? :rolleyes:

Because we don't wont to give a date we cant hit.

• entspeak, ManOpeace and Razorblade2609 gave their beans
Fuzz-o-vision

The greatest place on the internet (and the home of fun and adventure): Musty Gaming.

--

#146 Cryptum

Cryptum

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Well technically it's said in the change log "Above is the proposed change log for release between -  07/09/2013 - 14/09/2013" so maybe later today but it appears that they still have more to do and won't hit the 9/14/13 release.

#147 R4Z0R49

R4Z0R49

Bean King

• DayZ Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Well technically it's said in the change log "Above is the proposed change log for release between -  07/09/2013 - 14/09/2013" so maybe later today but it appears that they still have more to do and won't hit the 9/14/13 release.

That is true so as a 100% release date how about Monday the 16th.

On a serious note the dates on the change log are more testing between. We have set down the 16th for the release date. We have a few small issues we would like to clear before release found by the guys testing @ TMW - BRMF - MUSTY again guys thanks for the help and support.

• SausageKingofChicago and Feral gave their beans
Fuzz-o-vision

--

#148 Feral

Feral

Anti-Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationTulga

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

I played 1.8 yesterday for the first time and in my opinion it is awesome.

New hurdle jump animation - much better than the combat roll

reduced ammo - great addition, this will really force players to consider their actions before engaging another player.

Buffed zeds - perfect, hard as hell and we loved it, running into a building when you've got 10 or more zeds on your tail is now a very risky strategy, as is firing a gun around zeds, another addition that will force players to consider their actions.

Crafting - baseball bat with nails that can actually kill zeds with one or two accurate swipes, splendid.

Fishing - again splendid addition, would like to see it extended to inland lakes but given the nature of the arma 2 engine maybe that isn't possible.

infection - wipes, great idea, plants to craft naturally antisceptic dressings - genius

Inventory UI - a massive improvement

there are other things I am yet to discover no doubt and I look forward to the final version being rolled out..

Good work R4zor and co.

Edited by (MUC) Feral, 14 September 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Posted Image
<'gooogle translation'>
Do you want joining Dayz Medics Clan? We have bike.

#149 dgeesio

dgeesio

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1960 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

can confirm that the bug were they cant die is still in 1.8 latest build.

just shot a guy like 2 full ak mags in his body and mate shot him with m14 in head he just ran off.

also cant choose spawn now im spawning in random places :o

Edited by dgeesio, 14 September 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#150 Massicor

Massicor

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Some people still not dieing when you shoot them whilst there unconscious....had one of the guys combat log after about 1 min of being knocked unconscious.

#151 R4Z0R49

R4Z0R49

Bean King

• DayZ Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Yep we should have fixed this. Also the leg break issue.

spawn selection is down to the server admins. they chose to enable/disable

Fuzz-o-vision

--

#152 Ken Bean

Ken Bean

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Awesome update so far. The infection rate has been reduced greately, the loot has been increased, nice new loot spawn locations... :thumbsup:

And I love the new inventory.

After all, it is a bit easier than 1.7.7.1 I have the feeling.

But great work anyway.

Edited by Ken Bean, 14 September 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#153 dgeesio

dgeesio

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1960 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yep we should have fixed this. Also the leg break issue.

spawn selection is down to the server admins. they chose to enable/disable

one of the best things was the spawn locations :(

• SausageKingofChicago gave their beans

#154 R4Z0R49

R4Z0R49

Bean King

• DayZ Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

one of the best things was the spawn locations :(

i guess not everyone likes it.

Fuzz-o-vision

--

#155 Mos1ey

Mos1ey

You Only Lift Once

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6267 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

i guess not everyone likes it.

Yeah, it got mixed reactions. A lot of people loved it, a few said it was their least favourite part of 1.8. I think allowing server owners to disable it was a good call.

Are there any EU test servers? I've been playing on BMRF, but I get 220 ping. :(

All your beans are belong to us!

#156 R4Z0R49

R4Z0R49

Bean King

• DayZ Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

MUSTY mentioned they where going to have a EU server might wont to check with them.

Fuzz-o-vision

--

#157 root`

root`

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm not sure if bugs are being reported here but:

dy6b.jpg

The one above. I was just running and got one knocked down with one hit from a zombie and got kicked.

The one below.Guy (Evo :) ) was fallowing me, hit me once with basketball bat broke my bones and made me bleed like a pig so I was instantly on low blood and I got kicked.  The good thing was that I headshoot him with m9 so he died. Actually that bug saved my life, because if I wouldn't get kicked zombies would eat my brain.

keir.jpg

"The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate."

#158 R4Z0R49

R4Z0R49

Bean King

• DayZ Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yea Be kicks are due to the Filters. We are working on them.

• SausageKingofChicago gave their beans
Fuzz-o-vision

--

#159 dgeesio

dgeesio

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1960 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

cant see how this will be out monday

just been shot in body multiple times i wont stop bleeding , even if bandaged up still bleed though im not dying but animation of blood still flowing. i tried to morphine myself as had broken leg and was still running around but it didnt work then about 5 minutes later it decided to finally do it as i was running :o  i was blood bagged by mate it didnt heal my blood stayed same.

so theres quite a few messed up things at moment.

#160 root`

root`

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

cant see how this will be out monday

just been shot in body multiple times i wont stop bleeding , even if bandaged up still bleed though im not dying but animation of blood still flowing. i tried to morphine myself as had broken leg and was still running around but it didnt work then about 5 minutes later it decided to finally do it as i was running :o  i was blood bagged by mate it didnt heal my blood stayed same.

so theres quite a few messed up things at moment.

Thy to reconnect I blood bag some one and he didn't get it. Then he reconnected and after that he was full on blood.

Edited by root`, 14 September 2013 - 07:34 PM.

"The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate."