Yep we should have fixed this. Also the leg break issue.

spawn selection is down to the server admins. they chose to enable/disable

Awesome update so far. The infection rate has been reduced greately, the loot has been increased, nice new loot spawn locations... :thumbsup:

And I love the new inventory.

After all, it is a bit easier than 1.7.7.1 I have the feeling.

But great work anyway.

Edited by Ken Bean

Yep we should have fixed this. Also the leg break issue.

spawn selection is down to the server admins. they chose to enable/disable

one of the best things was the spawn locations :(

• Like 1

one of the best things was the spawn locations :(

i guess not everyone likes it.

i guess not everyone likes it.

Yeah, it got mixed reactions. A lot of people loved it, a few said it was their least favourite part of 1.8. I think allowing server owners to disable it was a good call.

Are there any EU test servers? I've been playing on BMRF, but I get 220 ping. :(

MUSTY mentioned they where going to have a EU server might wont to check with them.

I'm not sure if bugs are being reported here but:

dy6b.jpg

The one above. I was just running and got one knocked down with one hit from a zombie and got kicked.

The one below.Guy (Evo :) ) was fallowing me, hit me once with basketball bat broke my bones and made me bleed like a pig so I was instantly on low blood and I got kicked.  The good thing was that I headshoot him with m9 so he died. Actually that bug saved my life, because if I wouldn't get kicked zombies would eat my brain.

keir.jpg

cant see how this will be out monday

just been shot in body multiple times i wont stop bleeding , even if bandaged up still bleed though im not dying but animation of blood still flowing. i tried to morphine myself as had broken leg and was still running around but it didnt work then about 5 minutes later it decided to finally do it as i was running :o  i was blood bagged by mate it didnt heal my blood stayed same.

so theres quite a few messed up things at moment.

cant see how this will be out monday

just been shot in body multiple times i wont stop bleeding , even if bandaged up still bleed though im not dying but animation of blood still flowing. i tried to morphine myself as had broken leg and was still running around but it didnt work then about 5 minutes later it decided to finally do it as i was running :o  i was blood bagged by mate it didnt heal my blood stayed same.

so theres quite a few messed up things at moment.

Thy to reconnect I blood bag some one and he didn't get it. Then he reconnected and after that he was full on blood.

Edited by root`

But removing infection is not helpful in any way.

As infection currently exists, it would be better to remove it than to not touch it.

Infection that brought you to 6k was already crippling enough to warrant suicide to fix it the majority of the time.

So I had another run. Those are not huge bugs but still.

1. If you craft baseball bat with nails the name in scroll down menu says "Weapon". Shouldn't that be something else, like "batnail" (lol that sounds weird)?

2. When you open backpack the sound is way too loud. It should be at the same level as when you access you main gear/inventory.

And BTW I like that new (it's new at least for me, didn't play 1.7.7.X) knock out animation where you get knock out but still can kind of run. Nice one!

Will you be adding more crafting?

So people keep saying and yet, when I try crawling I get seen from a zed from 50m (even though I have zeds all around me) out and I then have to go through the slow animation of standing.

If I am crouching and using cover, inevitably a zed I can barely even see will spot me form hundreds of meters away. I'd like to see a video of someone sneaking through cherno getting no aggro at all and if by towns you mean those villages then they don't really count.

Here's about 30 minutes of me going through Cherno with very little aggro.  Again, with the city's layout and the tunnel vision of zeds getting NO aggro is not really possible.  But, if you can deal with the aggro quickly, you should have no problem.

There was more, but, apparently, Twitch or Xsplit stopped streaming...  I can do another one if people want - maybe 1st person... AHHHH!

Stealth in Cherno

Point is... it's possible to do and it makes the game more interesting.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 3

Buffed zeds - perfect, hard as hell and we loved it, running into a building when you've got 10 or more zeds on your tail is now a very risky strategy, as is firing a gun around zeds, another addition that will force players to consider their actions.

So i've heard a bit about these new Zeds what makes them better now? How was it achevied? Why is running into a building risky!? I like the sound of this.

Edited by Trizzo

2. When you open backpack the sound is way too loud. It should be at the same level as when you access you main gear/inventory.

I have to agree. The first time I opened my bag it scared the crap out of me!

It's a really nice touch. It's just a bit... loud, lol.

• Like 1

perhaps not as loud as it is, but certainly a zipper is louder than simply opening a bag... so... a bit louder than simply opening up your inventory.

I have to agree about the zipper. I've opened my bag qutie a few times and it still manages to scare the crap out of me. I consider that a free scare. :D

As infection currently exists, it would be better to remove it than to not touch it.

Infection that brought you to 6k was already crippling enough to warrant suicide to fix it the majority of the time.

I find the new infection system to be quite challenging and I enjoy that greatly. Now that I've learned how to properly wipe I've been able to avoid getting sick. It also forces me to enter dangerous areas if i get sick before finding the necessities, which is nice. It may drive me into the den of bandits but it also drives me into teh den of bandits. So it's lose/win imo.

Anyone who kills themselves because they're sick is missing the entire point of the game.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 2

What servers are running it right now/where to DL patch? The links i found were all closed!

yippe figured it out, bmrf still up, loading now (orgasm) been waiting for this patch for ages! caught a trout...this is sweet

Edited by Trizzo

Here's about 30 minutes of me going through Cherno with very little aggro.  Again, with the city's layout and the tunnel vision of zeds getting NO aggro is not really possible.  But, if you can deal with the aggro quickly, you should have no problem.

There was more, but, apparently, Twitch or Xsplit stopped streaming...  I can do another one if people want - maybe 1st person... AHHHH!

Stealth in Cherno

Point is... it's possible to do and it makes the game more interesting.

Good luck doing that in a full 60 man pvp server (soon to be 150 in SA)...ud not last long moving around like that in a town (the high traffic areas like market etc) without getting shot and aggroing zombies....if you say otherwise your talking complete rubbish :)

Made me laugh that it took 9 mins to reach orange brick house from tree just outside chern at shore :lol:

The point is you need to be able to sneak past zombies undetected and at fast speed so you avoid encounters with bandits and get the loot you need....and sneaking around like your doing (except in a full 60 man pvp server) just wont happen ...ud get shot or get aggro on you caused by another player shooting or whatever.

Edited by Massicor

I can run through Cherno with aggro on a 60 man 1.8 server and not care. Cherno is the coast, with minor reward compared to the map. The only reason to even go there is thanks to a local spawn, otherwise, blank it and move on. You don't need anything found there except medical supplies. Move north with care and you'll find the same gear and not deal with deathmatchers.

If bandits are mobile in Cherno then they'll likely have aggro and they'll likely move like me, with zero care. That'll make them easy targets. Enough survivor kills and you'll be able to spot a bandit in the mod. In the SA, if you see someone carelessly moving around Cherno, then they're likely a danger. Pop them.

I don't see the issue. Someone stealthing properly through Chenro isn't going to shoot the first person they see, especially if that first person is stealthing through Cherno properly.

The point is you need to be able to sneak past zombies undetected and at fast speed so you avoid encounters with bandits and get the loot you need....and sneaking around like your doing (except in a full 60 man pvp server) just wont happen ...ud get shot or get aggro on you caused by another player shooting or whatever.

That should NEVER be easy. If anything, shooting a gun from on top of a building should be just as dangerous as shooting a gun in the store, without the magic shelves. I keep saying this but firing a gun in Cherno should be a death sentence no matter where you are, bush, building, or hole.

• Like 1

CanGate.

FontGate.

LoudZipGate.

You can run and dodge through Chernagorsk and then go Stealth, works very well.

Slow stealth is good in small villages when you have little to no gear.

• Like 4

I like the new update, zombies are more of a threat.

the only problem I have is the amount of food and drink I find.

I easily found 40+ pieces in cherno and decided to head north, on the way I found that a lot of barns each had at least 3-4 pieces of food or drink in them, same as small sheds, every loot spawn I found had a least a couple of pieces of food meaning that the increased zombies damage meant very little to me as I was always able to find enough to restore my health which I find counters the difficulty WAY too much making it much easier once you realise how much food is avalible to you

Good luck doing that in a full 60 man pvp server (soon to be 150 in SA)...ud not last long moving around like that in a town (the high traffic areas like market etc) without getting shot and aggroing zombies....if you say otherwise your talking complete rubbish :)

Made me laugh that it took 9 mins to reach orange brick house from tree just outside chern at shore :lol:

Any bandit in Cherno that isn't moving like this will have aggro, be easy to spot and avoid. The more zombies there are, the harder it is for bandits to operate with little or no consequence. If you aren't drawing aggro, you're less easy to spot. I rarely go to Cherno, Elektro or Bere... or Balota for that matter. Nothing I need there that I can't get anywhere else. With the current KoS environment in the mod... the only reason to go to Cherno on a high pop server is to engage in PvP. But the point is, PvP should adapt to the game... the game shouldn't adapt to PvP - it's a secondary aspect of the game. Sausage King brings up an excellent point: if you see someone moving stealthily... chances are, they care about their character and aren't going to shoot on sight. The video was intended to show that the zeds operate fine in terms of spotting players. If you're running carelessly through Cherno, you're going to draw aggro. Edited by entspeak
  • Like 1

what you or others fail to realize is in big towns or cities like churno for eg

if you spawn close you are going to go in unless you are fully mindset on avoiding it which if you in churno area thats a extra 30-1 hr run just to avoid it going round and when you have no gear / nothing to lose it makes no sense doing so.

any decent sniper will spot you if good whether you are being sneaky or not. they will have adavantage of hieght aswell. also it is harder to sneak around unnoticed regardles of what people put so more people will get killed by snipers kos brigade becuase zombies are more easily alerted. then you have the big servers which if true 150 people hahahaha sneaking through the big towns you just aint going to do that so pleaae dont say you will you wont.

saying avoid the high yield areas then whats the point of having the towns full stop ? so many cliches .