And some people misunderstand antibiotics. They don't make you immune to the bacteria - even for a short time. If you get another infection, you have to take more antibiotics.

And, with the current system. If you cure the infection once it's actual become one, the next infected hit doesn't make you instantly infected... so, when that next hit actually becomes infected, you will need more antibiotics.

• Like 1

And some people misunderstand antibiotics. They don't make you immune to the bacteria - even for a short time. If you get another infection, you have to take more antibiotics.

And, with the current system. If you cure the infection once it's actual become one, the next infected hit doesn't make you instantly infected... so, when that next hit actually becomes infected, you will need more antibiotics.

why would you become infected by the same infection once weve had antibiotics for that infection in such a short period of time.

its this kind of excuses and moving goal posts that im talking about. you wouldnt be infected straight away with the same infection its that simple or has the infected virus now just changed itself to suit game mechanics :lol:

Edited by dgeesio

its not that survival is getting harder its getting more annoying less fun !

I think our opinions differ on what is fun. Gathering resources to me is fun.

I'm not going to answer the rest of your post, sorry, but your grammar etc are too bad for me to follow. 

• Like 1

why would you become infected by the same infection once weve had antibiotics for that infection in such a short period of time.

its this kind of excuses and moving goal posts that im talking about. you wouldnt be infected straight away with the same infection its that simple or has the infected virus now just changed itself to suit game mechanics :lol:

This I can answer. Firstly it isn't a virus. It's bacteria. Secondly antibiotics help you fight bacterial infection. They do NOT make you immune to it. In fact bacteria adapt to antibiotics so the chance of getting infected again is high.

You know how people get tonsillitis and then need penicillin to fix it? Well some people get this infection and need the same antibiotics or even different ones over and over again. The way infection and antibiotics currently work in DayZ is actually quite realistic. All be it a bit sped up because it is a game. After curing yourself of infection with antibiotics you really do have to be careful not to expose yourself again to a source of infection. In this case it is the zombies. Use stealth. 

This I can answer. Firstly it isn't a virus. It's bacteria. Secondly antibiotics help you fight bacterial infection. They do NOT make you immune to it. In fact bacteria adapt to antibiotics so the chance of getting infected again is high.

You know how people get tonsillitis and then need penicillin to fix it? Well some people get this infection and need the same antibiotics or even different ones over and over again. The way infection and antibiotics currently work in DayZ is actually quite realistic. All be it a bit sped up because it is a game. After curing yourself of infection with antibiotics you really do have to be careful not to expose yourself again to a source of infection. In this case it is the zombies. Use stealth. 

time frame of the infection becoming infected again? minutes :lol:  and so we move the goal posts again to suit the game mechanics

time frame of the infection becoming infected again? minutes :lol:  and so we move the goal posts again to suit the game mechanics

Well I've thought about this. They could make you 'immune' to infection for 20 minutes or more after using antibiotics but would this not make you overpowered?

I think of the survival as an ongoing struggle. The player needs to constantly be vigilant to keep their health up. And what goal posts are being moved here? If we make the game 'realistic' you'll soon complain that you cannot outrun the zombies, or when your character is in too much pain to run, or when your character has to stop and be sick or crap because they ate raw meat. I think some things we just need to *deal with* and I am confident that this whole thing will be a lot more 'fair' when the zombies are fixed in the SA.

VIRUS! No known antibiotic can cure ANY virus. 

Antibiotics cure Bacterial infections... like the ones you get from cuts and scrapes... Eating contaminated food... drinking contaminated water. 

Then why are we getting infected from being hit by a zombie instantly? Surely it should be the would the infects you if you do not treat it and not the hit from the zombie. Bandages don't cure broken bones either, they should be there to dress a wound and prevent infection, I just assumed the antibiotics were there as something to cure the infection from the zombies as they couldn't be bothered to put more items in the game.

Lets just say this, the game is in no way realistic, it should be about fun and right now infection has cause everyone I know who played, to not ever want to come back and play again. It's true most of them (including myself) were getting bored of the game anyways, the map is boring as hell, KoS is boring and there has been no new content since last year. However the infection shit was the icing on the cake and it's probably more down to the zombies being broken that anything, however don't add the mechanic in until the zombies are fixed. 

They don't animate right, they're so zerky and move about all over the place and half the time you get hit randomly from 10ft away even though they didn't do an animation. When you're trying to sneak through a town, if you alert one you know you cannot do anything about it and have to run to a building and then kill a whole host of them. There is no consistency in how they spot you either, so sneaking around, often you feel cheated when one spots you and so you just learn, run through the town because being stealthy sucks in the game. 

Now basically Dayz has become, ignore the zombies, run straight past them, keep on running, go into a building, get the loot, run out the other door, go into a tree to lose them or up a hill and to the next town..

I'd rather lose the zombies, put the original A.I in the game and just have enemy A.I wondering around and have them programmed to look for loot.

Edited by Miffy

You can still sneak past zeds... it's called crawling and using cover wisely. I've gone through towns and not aggro'd a single zed. ADAPT TO THE GAME. Seriously, I don't get what the issue is.

As far as infection goes: yeah, it's bacterial - or antibiotics would do nothing. "Viral zed" is a bit misleading. And, people wouldn't be confused about using antibiotics if the first warning didn't tell them they were infected - which is what sepsis is. Antiseptics prevent sepsis, they don't cure it. It is a STATE of infection... caused by whatever bacteria it is that becomes contagious and kills you later on.

First warning should give them the impression that they will BECOME infected. And, yes, bacterial infections can be lethal if untreated.

So people keep saying and yet, when I try crawling I get seen from a zed from 50m (even though I have zeds all around me) out and I then have to go through the slow animation of standing.

If I am crouching and using cover, inevitably a zed I can barely even see will spot me form hundreds of meters away. I'd like to see a video of someone sneaking through cherno getting no aggro at all and if by towns you mean those villages then they don't really count.

everyone is gbetting kicked off the test server for same issue ! SettingVarible 0# by battle eye . this needs looking at you last about 1 minute before being kikced with latest 1.8 build.

So people keep saying and yet, when I try crawling I get seen from a zed from 50m (even though I have zeds all around me) out and I then have to go through the slow animation of standing.

If I am crouching and using cover, inevitably a zed I can barely even see will spot me form hundreds of meters away. I'd like to see a video of someone sneaking through cherno getting no aggro at all and if by towns you mean those villages then they don't really count.

I will not, however, guarantee no aggro at all in Cherno. Cherno is a big town and considering the layout it would be nigh on impossible to get no aggro at all. Cherno, Elektro and Bere... NWAF, Balota... they SHOULD be hard to do with no aggro. I will do my best, though. And I'm willing to bet I can get minimal aggro and will be able to deal with it quickly.

You need to remember that zeds have tunnel vision. A very narrow FOV... so, they will always spot you better at a distance than up close. Learn to work the angles.

Edited by entspeak

Infection is a general term used nothing more. 

How are the servers coping with lag with this patch?

I thought they got rid of Zombies spawning in vehicles because of the way you could drive/fly around creating hundreds of zombies all over the place until the server starts to crawl under the pressure.

Edited by mad mark

Constant supply of ammo to suit your pvp needs, same shit different DayZ

edit

:lol:

Edited by RogueNZ

Just get rid of it and make zombies HS only or tougher, it's all that was needed.

How realistic is it to just cure the infection with antibiotics anyways? If that was the answer in the first place then why did the world go to shit? Surely it spread because no known antibiotic could cure it?

Really though the Zombie A.I is borked, that is the main problem with the game and has always been the number one issue. It's why I want SA so I can finally have zombies that are fun to fight, if they're not fixed then there is no value in SA for me. I'm sick of having to run to a building just so I can have a fair fight because out in the open their don't animated smoothly and can randomly hit you without an animation. Right now every time I aggro a zombie it's like "oh ffs just keep running, find a tree or a building" and now you've made them worse, they've ruined the game. Ever since you made it so you get infected all the time, all my friends have quit, we never got infected before. Until the last major patch 1.7.7.1 or whatever it was I never got infected from when I started playing last year in may until that patch...

The game isn't fun any more and tbh all I do instead of looking for loot now is just look to kill players because it's just less effort than dealing with the zombies.

Wow, cry more buddy.

1: The infection you catch is NOT the zombie infection. It's normal kinds of infections which exist in the real world and can kill you in real life. DayZ is a survival game so therefore your players health and condition are important. That's what makes it DayZ. Furthermore, you can cure infections by resting. So you don't need antibiotics.

2: Doors and gates no longer break your legs so this complaint is completely invalid.

3: Infection is easy to avoid if you know how to use melee or lose zombies.

Yeah, the zombies need work. But removing infection is not helpful in any way. You say to make zombies difficult, but then you say that infection makes them too difficult. Make up your fucking mind. All you ever do on this forum is bitch and moan. If you hate the game so much, then why don't you quit playing it? Sounds to me like you'd be happier on wasteland or something.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

why don´t we get info about release-date? :rolleyes:

Because we don't wont to give a date we cant hit.

• Like 3

Well technically it's said in the change log "Above is the proposed change log for release between -  07/09/2013 - 14/09/2013" so maybe later today but it appears that they still have more to do and won't hit the 9/14/13 release.

Well technically it's said in the change log "Above is the proposed change log for release between -  07/09/2013 - 14/09/2013" so maybe later today but it appears that they still have more to do and won't hit the 9/14/13 release.

That is true so as a 100% release date how about Monday the 16th.

On a serious note the dates on the change log are more testing between. We have set down the 16th for the release date. We have a few small issues we would like to clear before release found by the guys testing @ TMW - BRMF - MUSTY again guys thanks for the help and support.

• Like 2

I played 1.8 yesterday for the first time and in my opinion it is awesome.

New hurdle jump animation - much better than the combat roll

reduced ammo - great addition, this will really force players to consider their actions before engaging another player.

Buffed zeds - perfect, hard as hell and we loved it, running into a building when you've got 10 or more zeds on your tail is now a very risky strategy, as is firing a gun around zeds, another addition that will force players to consider their actions.

Crafting - baseball bat with nails that can actually kill zeds with one or two accurate swipes, splendid.

Fishing - again splendid addition, would like to see it extended to inland lakes but given the nature of the arma 2 engine maybe that isn't possible.

infection - wipes, great idea, plants to craft naturally antisceptic dressings - genius

Inventory UI - a massive improvement

there are other things I am yet to discover no doubt and I look forward to the final version being rolled out..

Good work R4zor and co.

Edited by (MUC) Feral

can confirm that the bug were they cant die is still in 1.8 latest build.

just shot a guy like 2 full ak mags in his body and mate shot him with m14 in head he just ran off.

also cant choose spawn now im spawning in random places :o

Edited by dgeesio