I think it is going to be people with your attitude who end up on Stand Alone, and that's a great thing.

Part of me worries that new players thrown into the mod, weapon-less, prone to infection and starvation are going to struggle. However then I remembered how an entire set of people played Dark Souls without even knowing Demon's Souls existed. It's these challenging but fair games which I enjoy. The difficulty on DayZ isn't stupid. When the mod works correctly the Zoms don't require too many rounds to kill - one headshot will always work. 

I agree about the zoms coming through walls and hitting through walls. One walked through a house the other day, I didn't know it could glitch through in that particular place, it was a shock and ruined the immersion a bit. However, I don't think it is something they can fix without throwing *tons* of resources and time at it. It would be a waste of time if they spent all their time fixing that only for SA to come out. Or if they spent all their time on it rather than implementing new gameplay features. People should remember that this is alpha and that our feedback about the mod will likely influence the direction of the SA. It would be extremely unlikely that they would get us to test crafting in the mod then not include it in the SA for example. Also, no one has paid for DayZ, they paid for Arma II (sorry, that always causes arguments).

The never giving up gameplay style does make it rewarding, yes. Though I'm glad I don't have to get good enough to live with the infection indefinitely! The latest anti-septic measures should do just fine. 

I suppose my point is that a sensible, thoughtful approach is what is needed here. Glad some people are doing just that.

Thanks and sorry to geesio, I didn't intend to give a "fanboy" response. 

I'm being totally serious. Do zombies run in buildings now? Can you not pull out your hatchet and kill them safely. I've never had a problem with that strategy. Some buildings are easier than others. I avoid the sketchy buildings. 

I agree I wouldn't want to take 9 minutes to go 50 yards in cherno. I hardly ever sneak anymore. Sneaking is a great way to get yourself headshot. But I'm reading about "swarming" and apparently a total inability to manage zombies. Is that true? Also let's not forget that zombie performance has everything to do with the quality of your rig. When I had a shit computer I could sprint right past zombies. Now they seem to aggro from 100+ meters away and sometimes there seems to be no amount of juking to avoid being hit. However I think most times it comes in as a false hit. I hear and see the animation but no damage, knockdown or infection from those long armed zombies. Just annoying.

I've got a warning point on my account here, so don't think I'm a mindless lemming. I didn't think there was enough communication and sympathy towards all the rage during the scripting crisis.

I agree it's not always perfect. When 1.7.7.1 came out, those first few days one simply couldn't play at all. The zombies were insane! I remember the knockdown feature and infection seemed to happen every last time one got hit . It required some tweaking and tweaked it was!

I'm trying to figure out how to play the test server right now so I'll let you know what I think. I'm not sure if I like the idea of one zombie hit reducing blood so drastically and food metaphorically falling from the sky. We'll see.

I know I'm going to be learning the game all over again. I don't enjoy that so much, but such is the mentality of DayZ. I felt like we really hit the sweet spot with the infection because I learned how to cope but apparently no one else did since it did in fact seem to decimate the player base. I don't doubt the stalwarts who say all their squadmates quit the game after 1.7.7.1. 

I share your concern about new players, bibbish. Now that the scripters are gone, I've been encouraging my friends to try the game. So far they all hate it. It is too hard for them.

The infection mechanic does nothing for me. I admit, I hate it too. When I dream about the standalone, the 5+ infections are the last thing on my mind. But Rocket likes it and it is here to stay, and I can deal with that.

So when exactly is this patch going to be released? Or has it already been released? (Some of you are talking like it has been - but I don't see any news/updates).

• Like 1

So when exactly is this patch going to be released? Or has it already been released? (Some of you are talking like it has been - but I don't see any news/updates).

It's being tested on two private hives. I'm trying to figure out how to get it, lol. I just can't wait any longer!

hi guys,what is  with patch 1.8.i read it would be relased 14.9.,then 16.9.can anyone of leader or admin answer or tell what is with relased date?

• Like 1

and dayz should have new sounds for weapon and table loot like dayzero.hoow is posible find military loot on hunter deer stand,or dmr,m14 have high rating spawn.dayz need big stash,for 3 gun and fix because box of matches or  hunter knife takes weapon slot and just one can put in stash,also i can put 10 wheels and 10 engine together in one stash.thats so stupid,that need fix.its seriosly problem.also one more big problem its u can fill magazines when u put in bag and disconect.thank u for reading this i hope u will do something about this :)

Yes being able to put magazines/clips in your backpack then rejoining the server to fill the magazines/clips has been in quite a few dayz patches ...to be quite honest im not sure the devs know how to actually fix it permanently if at all.

Edited by Massicor

To the people complaining about infection, the problem is not infection its the zombies. The mod has the most awful melee in any game I've played. The zombies run at you, stand a couple of metres away and spasm. You don't get any gauge of when they could hit you other than they just will at some hard-to-define point.

Look at melee in other games(a good example is Condemned), if you could actually fight zombies, maybe block their attacks or at least see them swing an arm at you, you would stand a much better chance of avoiding infection. Right now its so silly that if you try and fight a few you're almost certain to get hit.

i dont understan why dayz team every time lie about relasing.he said that would be 7.9-14-9 out,then said 16.9 monday.what now?23.9 monday?

what 23.09 ? :O zzzzzzzz

i dont understan why dayz team every time lie about relasing.he said that would be 7.9-14-9 out,then said 16.9 monday.what now?23.9 monday?

If you actually bothered to read the posts ahead of yours you'd realise there has been no lies.

Razor has the patch ready to go as he's already stated.  He's waiting on things that are beyond his control.

If you actually bothered to read the posts ahead of yours you'd realise there has been no lies.

Razor has the patch ready to go as he's already stated.  He's waiting on things that are beyond his control.

yep waititng for steam :rolleyes: best thing is majority of people dont even do the mod through steam so annoying :lol:

price you pay for commericalism.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

Have you guys heard anything about why steam is sitting on this? (if it is steam that is)

:)

whats up with steam? :O

I hope not ... :/ - because I have not installed the mod via steam... :rolleyes: :o

As was mentioned (many times) before, the update is done and ready to roll out but the Dev's haven't gotten the go ahead yet. Taking a logical guess, it's either Valve or the higher-ups holding it back. Also it wouldn't matter if you installed the mod through steam or not, generally if a game is on Steam, they have final say over what gets rolled out.

As was mentioned (many times) before, the update is done and ready to roll out but the Dev's haven't gotten the go ahead yet. Taking a logical guess, it's either Valve or the higher-ups holding it back. Also it wouldn't matter if you installed the mod through steam or not, generally if a game is on Steam, they have final say over what gets rolled out.

i am always playing via "playwithsix" :)

i use dayzcommander myself, or manual install. but i dont have arma on steam on another note is it me or is this release taking way more auth time then normal or is rocket just being more public about it.

I have been hosting servers for almost a full year now and unless i just have memory loss which is possible seems like 1.8 is getting way more publicity and news time then most release versions.

also am i the only one thinking what if 1.8 is standalone, do not get me wrong i know its most likely not and i know the chance of it being the standalone is like .0001% chance but still what is up with the release time.

And only reason i say standalone in those sentences is because while tearing apart pbo's to see what changed verse 1.7.7.1 i noticed alot of mpframework calls and loads in the files. which are not in 1.7.7.1 and the fact the actual server mission was only 3kb and the rest was a bmrf loadscreen jpeg

Guys there is no point spamming threads for info i work two jobs i just wont see them. I've just got up from working last night and found Matt is already dealing with everything it will be soon.