Did the DayZ 1.8 Update come out today? Because I see people on the fourms that say that there playing the new update I use DayZ Commander and it's not on here.. At all.. And I looked on youtube and I used search prefences as today and there was someone who said 1.8 came out today. Is it just DayZ Commander that hasen't updated it? Please help me!

dont think its on commander

Heard its on BMRF servers and some other server. Sneak peak really b4 it goes public i suppose. 

No it is not out, the BMRF guys are running a test server for it

and let me tell you, it sucks so far.

A bigger turn off than the last patch was.

• Like 1

No it is not out, the BMRF guys are running a test server for it

and let me tell you, it sucks so far.

A bigger turn off than the last patch was.

Why so?

Please tell me they got rid of infection and finally made it so people cannot hog the vehicles, that's the main killer for me and why I haven't played in months. In fact infection made all my friends remaining quit because it's made melee useless and it's annoying trying to find antibiotics, especially when there are no hospitals in the middle of the map.

Edited by Miffy
  • Like 1

DayZ Mod Changelog

============

Version 1.8

---------------

* 14/08/2013 - Release Data

Affected addons:

* dayz

* dayz_anim

* dayz_code

* dayz_communityassets

* dayz_sfx

* st_bunnyhop

* st_collision

* st_evasive

Serverside affected addons:

* dayz_server (server admins only)

* Mission (server admins only) (Prerequisites) Downloaded from http://www.silentspy.net/utility/dayz/mission-generator/

* BattlEye-Filters (server admins only)

* SQL Files (server admins only)

Changes:

* [NEW] - New Player UI (Eat, Drink, Blood Icons, Sound/Sight icons).

* [NEW] - Combat Mode System. (Disconnect in x secounds has been removed. Combaticon has been removed. Countdown is now on the abort button itself)

* [NEW] - Completely reworked inventory design.

* [NEW] - Spawn selection. (Balota, Berenzino, Cherno, Elektro, Kamenka, Solnichniy and Random) Server admins can choose to enable/disable. (Default: disabled)

* [NEW] - You may now access another player's gear if they are unconscious.

* [NEW] - Medbox1 and foodbox1 found at infected camps.

* [NEW] - Medbox1 added to hospital.

* [NEW] - Compass is now twice as big.

* [NEW] - Now possible to siphon the fuel from vehicles.

* [NEW] - Weapon - SVD (MilitarySpecial)

* [NEW] - Backpacks have a new sound on opening.

* [NEW] - Beartrap has been readded to loot tables. (More information down in the Changelog)

* [NEW] - Object orientation system for better placement (will allow more control on object placement tents, stash, camo nets, tanktraps, sandbags, wirefence)

* [NEW] - Added item Camonet. (Helicrash, Military)

* [NEW] - Camo nets will be removed within 24 hours of owners death.

* [NEW] - New Loot locations (Land_a_stationhouse, Land_HouseV2_04_interier, Land_Mil_Barracks_i, Land_SS_hangar)

* [NEW] - Log Suspicious weapons, kills with local vehicles and one shoot kills.

* [NEW] - Hold/carry functionality to gear.

* [NEW] - Weapon switch 1, 2, 3 keys function as hotkey. (1 => rifle, 2 => pistol, 3 => melee)

* [NEW] - Added plants model antihack.

* [NEW] - Death screen function. (Player will be moved to lobby after a 5 second timeout.)

* [NEW] - ShackTac Movement addons - This addon causes your weapon collision with the environment to be significantly toned down, meaning that you can now move sideways through doorways and generally find CQB to be enjoyable, versus feel like a rusted robot trying to navigate a terrifying alien world called 'indoors'. Try it out and see, it's simple and very noticeable.

* [NEW] - Crafting system implemented (All recipes must be discovered by crafting).

* [NEW] - Sea Fishing has now been added. (Fishing only in the sea).

* [NEW] - Simpler Server Settings for Serveradmins.

* [NEW] - Ingame Map is now Clear (Unneded Arma Menu has been removed)

* [NEW] - 1 new food item, 1 New melee weapon, New fish models, Many new crafting models.

* [NEW] - Crafted Traps. (Punji Trap, Tripwire (Cans), Tripwire (Flare), Tripwire (Smoke), Tripwire (Grenade), Bear Trap (Grenade), Bear Trap (Flare), Bear Trap (Smoke))

* [NEW] - Crafted Medical. (Makeshift Bandage, Makeshift Splint (Wood), Makeshift Splint (Metal), Bloodbag (Transfusion Ready))

* [NEW] - Crafted Weapons. (Nailed Bat, Barbed Wire Bat, Chloroform Rag)

* [NEW] - New delayed infection called Sepsis is now active from a percent chance based on blood percentage & damage done on all Zed attacks.

Stage 1:

The first 15 minutes

You cannot pass the infection to others

You do not take blood damage

You have a warning blood icon to show infection

Stage 2:

15 minutes - 22.5 minutes

You cannot pass the infection on

You lose 1 blood per second

You have the normal blood loss icon

Stage 3:

22.5 minutes to 30 minutes

You cannot pass the infection to others

You lose 2 blood per second

Normal blood loss icon

After 30 minutes you become fully infected, can transmit the infection to others, you lose 3 blood per second and your screen will shake. On disconnect you will become infected.

* [FIXED] - Bear Trap is now synced with the Server and won't disappear after server restart.

* [FIXED] - Zed direction issue when under chase condition. (should stop them keep turning)

* [FIXED] - Issue where you'd get stuck after the tackle animation.

* [FIXED] - Updated all zed movement systems to fall in line with the re-added LOS and Angle of attack checks. (This should improve zeds reaction times & make sure target is in hitting range)

* [FIXED] - Balanced Zed damage Normal returned to .7 Viral kept at 50% higher rate. (Both types can still knock players unconscious)

* [FIXED] - Viral zed's base damage updated to be Normal zed's highest damage output.

* [FIXED] - Small updated to overall damage output.

* [FIXED] - Major dupe, reconnect dupe and body dupe.

* [FIXED] - DayZ Loadingscreen if people have ACR.

* [FIXED] - Eating and drinking in vehicles.

* [FIXED] - Infection will now be properly removed at tents after logout

* [FIXED] - Death body doesn't disappear any more if the player disconnected too fast.

* [FIXED] - BattleFieldClearance antihack.

* [FIXED] - Hospital wallhack.

* [FIXED] - Antihack.

* [FIXED] - Removed benches in the middle of the NWAF barracks entrance.

* [FIXED] - Loot will now be more random within the weaponholders. (We wont allow two items of the same type in each pile)

* [FIXED] - Medical actions performed in vehicles now work properly.

* [FIXED] - BIS_Effects AirDestruction bug that sets the world on fire.

* [FIXED] - Some 'No entry' Error's has been fixed.

* [FIXED] - Refueling while swimming.

* [FIXED] - Not being able to administer antibiotics to infected players.

* [UPDATED] - DMR and SVD has been balanced. (lower bullets per minute)

* [UPDATED] - Quick switch now has action menu swapping.

* [UPDATED] - PV optimization. (should remove some unwanted traffic)

* [UPDATED] - Czech, German, Spanish, French and Russian stringtable.

* [UPDATED] - Missionfile is now much smaller.

* [UPDATED] - Replaced combat roll with Shacktac Bunny Hop.

* [UPDATED] - Removed attack call from FSM due to latency. Player who spawned the zed may not be the player the zed is attacking.

* [UPDATED] - Security updates.

* [UPDATED] - Updated hospital loot.

* [UPDATED] - Increased angle of attack.

* [UPDATED] - Removed all trash items from building loot tables and replaced with a generic table (better organisation)

* [UPDATED] - Viral Workers have now been assigned home locations. (MilitarySpecial, Military,Industrial) (harder to spot)

* [UPDATED] - Viral Villagers have now been assigned home locations. (Supermarket,Farm,Residential) (easy to spot)

* [UPDATED] - Max smoke target range to 50.

* [UPDATED] - Loot spawning radius reduced from 120 to 70.

* [UPDATED] - Humanity gain over time for bandits.

* [UPDATED] - Auto continue when mission loads for first time.

* [UPDATED] - Antiwallhack.

* [UPDATED] - Land_Mil_Guardhouse Now spawn's a max of 3 zeds down from the default of 6

* [UPDATED] - Players may now administer antibiotics to other players

* [UPDATED] - Players may now switch seats while in a helicopter (back seat, gunner, pilot).

* [UPDATED] - Removed some non SD mags from SD weapons, Removed some SD mags from non SD weapons.

* [UPDATED] - Melee weapon damage updates (Machete > 15, Hatchet > 12,Crowbar > 10,Bat > 9,BatBarbed > 12, BatNailed > 12)

* [UPDATED] - You must now press the gear button (Default "G") to open gear while in a vehicle

* [REMOVED] - Vehicle damage spam log.

* [REMOVED] - Collision system from tents, stash's, camo nets (Should allow storage system to be placed in better locations)

* [REMOVED] - Difficulty system due to issues with official hive. (Official hive cant hold multiple difficulty levels)

* [REMOVED] - Removed ArmA 2 squad command menu (0-9 or F1-F12)

* [REMOVED] - Map markers for other players and empty vehicles (blue/orange/green dots & vehicles)

Notes:

Fishing - We are still trying to decide about fishing the currect system is fine but we have an issue with the fishing rod facing the wrong way.

They did not

everything is much worse now, once you get "hit" you have 15 minutes to find a sterile wipe to clean your wounds

if you don't clean the wound, you get infected and loose 1 blood/sec

vehicles still gets hogged that will never get fixed. Antibiotics are still rare, but medical supplies actually spawn in hospitals again!

there is a crafting system now....but the stuff you need to craft is so rare good luck ever using the system.

Everything is also super rare now, such as guns and ammo, and the zombies while are alot better need their detection rate tuned down like .5% to be perfect.

• Like 2

I haven't played it yet, but after reading through the BMRF forum, it looks like they added a "carry" slot so that you can switch between a melee weapon and a primary weapon seamlessly (once they get the bugs worked out) and you can fish for food...

Sounds like it'll be awesome once they get everything smoothed out a bit.

1.8 is not out no.

it has simply been given to 2 communities.

www.bmrf.me and www.tmwdayz.com

Edited by TMW Se7eN
  • Like 1

It seems to me the mod is continually getting worse and worse

My anus is quite prepared for all the fanboys on the bandwagon to come charging in 

• Like 2

its actually quite good... i dont really understand what your talking about dealer.

• Like 1

It was my opinion, you don't have to agree with it

just please don't tell me I'm a "pussy who can't play the game cus its too hard !!! ! 1 !11" (as many other people have said)

everything is much worse now, once you get "hit" you have 15 minutes to find a sterile wipe to clean your wounds

if you don't clean the wound, you get infected and loose 1 blood/sec

I don't see how this can be viewed as being much worse.  Now you actually have a chance clean the wound before infection takes hold, while before infection was instant.

• Like 9

some things are way over the top

do like how we can spawn where we want inventory pretty sweet

zombies are stupidly over the top. ten feet away instant smash knocked over or hit every time. the amount of zombies that are in builldings straight after a shot or instantly too much.

people are saying we trying to make it realistic then make like cartoon outlines on stuff looks more consoley. so have a tweak especially on zombies.

if you like playing for quick fun yes if you after a more realistic approach the patch probably took a step backwards.

Please tell me they got rid of infection and finally made it so people cannot hog the vehicles, that's the main killer for me and why I haven't played in months. In fact infection made all my friends remaining quit because it's made melee useless and it's annoying trying to find antibiotics, especially when there are no hospitals in the middle of the map.

Geez, Learn2Melee.

I haven't played long enough to know how it "used" to be.  But I melee zeds all the time.  The hatchet is so OP.  I rarely get infected.

Antibiotics are a bit too rare though IMO.

• Like 3

The zombies are better then they were 12 months ago, they have some new bugs but whats new. rockets team has pushed this mod to its limits and they keep finding a way to stabilize it. So zombies have 10 foot arms at the moment, could be a anim glitch or it could be a pathing error but zombies due seem less twitchy and zig zag like. New infection is more realistic and it works better the antiseptic wipes are awsome.

But i take my dayz mod with a grain of salt anymore. too many people play on recruit settings and whine when it gets difficult. you want to see a rabid zombie set ai precision and accuracy to 1 in the cfg and then turn ultra ai on and walk down a street in daylight. other than that and the fact too many people use crosshairs,map icons, and tracers on there servers. But those are my personal beliefs on this when i got arma 2 back in 2009 i started it up on max diff and never looked back so playing on other dayz servers is a bit alien for me due to the features that annoy me

All i can say is in the end i would rather have more challenge because in this game end game is just wandering around killing stuff or seeing how many different ways you can kill things inclusive of your self and then how you might live when you get to that point of death.

• Like 2

It was my opinion, you don't have to agree with it

just please don't tell me I'm a "pussy who can't play the game cus its too hard !!! ! 1 !11" (as many other people have said)

You are a pussy who cant play the game cus its to hard :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Geez, Learn2Melee.

I haven't played long enough to know how it "used" to be.  But I melee zeds all the time.  The hatchet is so OP.  I rarely get infected.

Antibiotics are a bit too rare though IMO.

Melee is easy, however the answer isn't infection, all that happens is you risk the chance of getting infected and then you might as well suicide off a building. It's a boring mechanic that has ruined so many gameplay sessions with friends, maybe that's why they've let you spawn where you want now but that just causes new problems. 

Just get rid of infection, it's a crap mechanic or at least make antibiotics less rare as in real life they're so common.

• Like 2

Melee is easy, however the answer isn't infection, all that happens is you risk the chance of getting infected and then you might as well suicide off a building. It's a boring mechanic that has ruined so many gameplay sessions with friends, maybe that's why they've let you spawn where you want now but that just causes new problems. 

Just get rid of infection, it's a crap mechanic or at least make antibiotics less rare as in real life they're so common.

Man, you must accept it. Infection is here for good. It won't leave.

I suggest you to play Dayzero. I promiss you won't get infected there ;)

So zombies have 10 foot arms at the moment, could be a anim glitch or it could be a pathing error but zombies due seem less twitchy and zig zag like. New infection is more realistic and it works better the antiseptic wipes are awsome.

If you run past, the Z's will take 2 steps and hit, they do not have 10 foot arms, although I understand where the confusion comes from, I asked the same question when the function was implemented.