BritishCheesecake

My Mouse Scroll Wheel Isn't Working!

Hi everyone,

New to the forums, but long time player. Anyway, I have recently bought a new mouse (Gigabyte GM-M6800) and when I play DayZ my scroll wheel doesn't seem to respond. I can't bring up the action menu, pick up gear etc; (I know I could use the keyboard buttons, but the mouse wheel really bothers me and it should work.)

It works on everything else Battlefield 3, browsing the internet, even regular Arma 2! But not DayZ :(

I have searched other threads with answers to no avail. Looked for "Navigate Up" "Navigate Down" (Couldn't actually find these in the Infantry Controls), changed the USB port, made sure the driver was upto date, made a new profile, but still can't get it to work.

Does anyone have a fix to this problem? I don't want to use my old mouse again just for DayZ because I would forget my muscle memory on my new current mouse.

Thanks,

Kieran

Look through your controls, and find what you have bound 'mouse wheel up' and 'mouse wheel down' to.

Look through your controls, and find what you have bound 'mouse wheel up' and 'mouse wheel down' to.

Aaaaah the second i started typing it said "updated answer"

It's under controls > infantry controls > previous/next.

Previous: "[", "Mouse wheel up"

Next: ]", "Mouse wheel down"

Edited by SmashT

It is bound to these: Previous "[" "Mouse wheel up" and Next "]" "Mouse wheel down"

It's under controls > infantry controls > previous/next.

Previous: "[", "Mouse wheel up"

Next: ]", "Mouse wheel down"

I have just checked and they are bound to that and nothing else, but it's still not working.

No idea then tbh, although not ideal if [ and ] work maybe you could remap [ to mousewheelup for example as a workaround when playing DayZ.

Someone else posted with the same issue and had a gigabyte gm-m6880, maybe it is the mouse/sucky drivers.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57492-scroll-wheel-problem/

Edited by SmashT

No idea then tbh, although not ideal if [ and ] work maybe you could remap mousewheelup to [ fpr example as a workaround when playing DayZ.

Someone else posted in this topic with the same issue and had a gigabyte gm-m6880, maybe it is the mouse.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57492-scroll-wheel-problem/

I don't think I can remap those buttons on this mouse unfortunately, it could be the problem yes, which will suck. I'll have to leave DayZ until the standalone comes out and get back into it then. Thanks for your help. 

I have found a fix! It is the driver that you download from Gigabyte's website for the mouse, you disable it, and it works! Problem solved! However, I hope it doesn't mess up how the mouse reacts without the driver now.

• Like 1