seaweeduk

ZeroSurvival.net | No Starting Loadouts or Donor Crap | Basebuilding | Vanilla DayzMod Chernarus | Rare Vehicles | Rare Loot | Free Hat

WNJb7At.png

144.76.72.235:2314
Teamspeak - ts.zerosurvival.net
DayZ Chernarus 1.8.0.3

Hey all thought it was about time for a post about my server. We are a European Chernarus 1.8.0.3 private hive with an established community and have been going since November 2012. We are NOT one of those 9000 vehicles spawn with an AS50, barracks covering the coast types of hives. There are no "donor loadouts" or perks on this server. Vehicles are rare, loot is rare and the zombies will fuck you up!

Our server runs on high end dedicated hardware and all resources are dedicated purely to the DayZ server ensuring great performance, this is not just some underpowered dayz.st server. Here's some of our features
  • Great community of players, including many of the most helpful heroes I have ever met in game, and of course some of the most deadly bandits. Many squads inhabit their server and there is plenty of squad pvp up North. 

• No "donor loadouts", default number of vehicles (85) and a minimal number of custom buildings added purely to make places like the NEAF worth the trip

• New loot tables, when most hives say "custom loot" they mean awesome guns everywhere, this is not the case with ZS. Many items such as the DMR are much rarer on our server than in the standard loot tables. The higher tier items will only spawn up North, this discourages coast camping.

Loot is hard to come by but rewarding when you find some! You will not find any OP weapons like sniper rifles on the coast in firestations etc, instead loot has been balanced to be up north and harder to find in new locations. A few new weapons have also been added to the loot table, including M4SPR, SVD, SVD_NSPU, AK107 variants, L85 variants and the bizon. 

• Basebuilding, we run the excellent dayz basebuilding plugin. I have run this plugin for over a year now and it is very mature on our server. A large number of clans and solo players have their own bases established with some great gameplay resulting from it. Myself and rosska85 from opendayz recently modified Daimyo (the script authors) original version 1.3 code to expand it and make it compatible with Chernarus 1.8.0.3. Our server and rosskas server (holo federation) are currently the only two servers which are running the code.

This is not epoch style basebuilding where you can just hoard things away and others can't ever get them. Base break ins are possible through collecting large numbers of toolboxes and your base is only as secure as you design it to be. This requires time, collaboration and teamwork and leads to some awesome gameplay between rival clans. You can build a basic base in a couple of days and expand from there for security. Among other things you can build garages for your cars, working lighting systems, fireplaces, or water pumps. 

You secure an area for your base by constructing a flagpole, this stakes the area as yours. You can add your clanmates to the flagpole so they can all build and remove items. You can build keypanels that allow you to enter a code to lower access doors. You can also build booby traps which can be placed at enemy bases!

• Day Night Cycle with full moons and street lights

• Vanilla 1.8 zombies. The default zombies in dayz 1.8 are not easy! There are a lot of them and they will hit you very hard. The viral zombies can do a significant amount of damage to you. Most popular dayzmod servers completely gimp the zombies back to pre 1.8 levels. They turn the maximum number way down, and let them do so little damage you can pretty much ignore them. Unlike those servers we have left zeds completely untouched from any changes, they take some getting used to if you've come from another mod/server with noob zombies (like epoch) but our community much prefers them.

• Detailed server statistics available live to all of our players at http://www.zerosurvival.net/stats/

• Custom Version of Chernarus, our custom map is exclusive to our server. It has been developed over many months with the aim of balancing the level. We have not simply slung a firestation and military loot in every coastal town like some mods and servers. Instead we have added new resources where they are needed and don't look out of place (NEAF, Berizino, Zelenogorsk and Kamenka).

• Server events, we run regular server events such as survivor games style competitions. we even have a dedicated sub forum for them. These have proved very popular and turnouts regularly reach 50 players. I code special things specially for these events to keep them as dynamic and exciting as possible.

• Default number of vehicles (85), we spawn new vehicles not found in vanilla dayz. However we do not spawn so many vehicles so as to devalue them. There are 2 helicopters total on our whole server. This leads to great clan fights over resources.

• Automated whitelisting, whitelisting for the server is as simple as registering a forum account on our website. You are instantly able to play after doing so (note: whitelisting is currently deactivated and anyone can join)

• Small server mods to enhance gameplay, you may have seen these on other servers: dynamic crash sites, strip clothes. Besides mods like this I add small tweaks and fixes to the server regularly, you can view the changelog here.

• Other custom code developed by me specifically for our server, loot one of our new player skin parcels, gut humans and eat them, or if you are a hero give players a proper burial.

• Self Bloodbagging works, but only if the player is inside a hospital.

• Teamspeak server with private rooms available to all clans who use the server.

• We have detailed server statistics, both in your forum profile and on our website.

• We have a squad file generator so your squad can easily get their logo on the side of their vehicles http://www.zerosurvival.net/squads/

• We have a number of different layers of anti hack protection for our server, including custom coded detection tools. We have just 1 extremely active and dedicated admin to avoid incidents of abuse.

• We have a great community of players, many clans have formed as a result of the community and there's some great familiar faces to be met in game. From helpful Heroes to skilled squads of Bandits.

If you have any questions about the server don't hesitate to let me know I look forward to meeting some of you in game soon.

144.76.72.235:2314
Teamspeak - ts.zerosurvival.net

b_560_95_1.png
Edited by seaweed
  • Like 2

Sounds cool, too bad (for me) the server is in Europe :(

We have quite a few active US players and had a couple of Aussie guys for a while, ping limit is 420 atm. I feel for you Aussie guys, server prices are crazy high over there (and video game prices for that matter)  :(

Edited by seaweed

sounds awesome i'll check it out

See you in game soon :) let me know if you have any questions 

Edited by seaweed

Free bump for you Seaweed. One if the better vanilla/modded servers, would recommend anyone reading this thread to give it a try. The Survivor Games is always a laugh too.

looks cool man well done, you guys should consider running an aftermath server when its released we're on the same wavelength 

Edited by beatSTV

looks cool man well done, you guys should consider running an aftermath server when its released we're on the same wavelength 

I'll check it out, most mods besides dayzero don't impress me though

• Like 1

First time playing dayz, was on this server. 6 months later, I still play on this server. And I have never played on another dayz server at all. Need say no more!

I'll check it out, most mods besides dayzero don't impress me though

right