Sign in to follow this  
LilBambi

Police Stations and Non-Lethal Weapons

I did not find this while searching so I think it is a fairly new concept.

I think adding Police Stations and Non-Lethal Weapons would be a great idea. We have Fire Stations so why not Police Stations? I'm sure the build model wouldn't be too difficult to make.

Within the Police Stations, there could be new, exclusive items only found at these buildings.

They could include the following:

• 12-gauge Rubber Slug ammunition that can be used in 12-gauge shotguns already present in the game; they would knock a player unconscious for a short while upon impact and inflict only a minuscule amount of damage
  • Sedative darts that can be used with the Compound Crossbow; they would knock a player unconscious for a considerable amount of time, but the effect would not be instantaneous
  • Tear gas canisters that would blind players within its effective radius for a short period of time (they would also blind zombies too)
  • Tasers that would incapacitate a player for a short while via an electrical shock

The purpose of adding these devices is not only for the sake of realism (or "authenticity" as Rocket likes to put it :)) but also to give players a means to safely incapacitate another player without having to kill them. Even bandits could find them useful as they would be very quiet and allow them to loot an unconscious body without trouble. They could also help in subduing a runaway hostage.

What do you think? :)

Edited by LilBambi
  • Like 6

I'm pretty sure they talked about adding Police Stations in the recent Dev blog.  I'm all for non lethal weapons too.  Would add some nice variety of weapons and situations.

• Like 1

I think we have a large prison being added to look forward to so maybe there could be an arms room in there with some decent non-lethal gear.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Yeah! Great idea! you got some beanZ. Give him beanZ if you like the idea so it'll get a better chance of being added!

I like the tear gas and the sedative bolt but on a crossbow? I think they use special rifles to deliver knock out animals. Maybe those. 

I think we have a large prison being added to look forward to so maybe there could be an arms room in there with some decent non-lethal gear.

Can we clear the zombies out and make a base?

Patch up any holes in the fence?

Station snipers in the towers?

I also wanna say that if we have tear gas we should also have gas masks.

People in the gas should have coughing fits and have incredibly bad weapon control if they can actually manage to pick a target thought the smoke and dark tunnel vision.

Breach and clear would be cool with like tear gas and 12g rubber slugs.

Then drag bodies outside and tie them up.

A system where people can't log until they're out of their restraints would be good, that way you can still visualise who is trying to get away same as who is trying to run off, only loggers would have to wait the 30 seconds :D