HunteR26RuS

The only map in the world "DayZ Minecraft" Scale 1:1

Please don't just slap those generic, ugly trees down! Use some better looking ones! I'd hate to see a map like this be simply ruined by trees. World Painter's pine trees would look much better, or you could use custom ones if you wish to have tall trees like the Chernarus pines. Edit: I can't really tell whether they're the generic crap or not, picture's too small. :P

Other than that, by far the most accurate recreation (so far) of Chernarus in MC. 

Have you ever thought of turning this map into a DayZ-Minecraft server? Fuck MineZ, that's the worst one so far. I have faith in this map. 

There will be 4-5 servers, but maybe more, since much depends on the available online

Wow - great job.

I have Minecraft but havent played much. This would definitely make me reload it.

IMO it looks like he used some tools to make the map and then just added villages.

Don't belive it took 1000 hours.

Hell, I played 2000 hours on dayz myself. Why'd I waste half that time for making the map?!

It's definitely made with the world creator tool, and probably did take less than 1000 hours. I don't think that makes it any less impressive though, I'd rate this as one of the best Minecraft builds I've ever seen.

1000 hours is a lot of time.  About as much time as one would spend working at a full time job for six months.

I assume there must be dev tools for making maps and whatnot in Minecraft?  Like can convert the contour map of Chernarus into a greyscale height map and import it into Minecraft?  Or did you have to build all this using the little Minecraft guy and a shit ton or shovels and pick-axes?

Maybe they can use this map for some of the MineZ servers, It would be pretty cool.

Worth at least one Bill Murray Awesome.

152nm1t.jpg

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 1

1000 hours is a lot of time.  About as much time as one would spend working at a full time job for six months.

I assume there must be dev tools for making maps and whatnot in Minecraft?  Like can convert the contour map of Chernarus into a greyscale height map and import it into Minecraft?  Or did you have to build all this using the little Minecraft guy and a shit ton or shovels and pick-axes?

I did the exact contour with a native-stencil

Oh my fucking God. We were working on the exact same thing.

cherno.png

( this is just an outdated screenshot, the whole map is seeable on map.xoliocraft.org )

We own a server called XolioZ ( z.xol.io in french ) and we are working since a few months on a new 100km2 map reproducing exactly the original dayZ map.

We coded tools and generated a huge world based on ArmA2's data. We thought we had the best fucking exclusivity on DayZ-like Minecraft servers.

Imagine that, the whole DayZ map reproduced in DayZ. No one would dare trying.

And now this.

On the opposide side of the Earth some russians as mad as us did sensibly the same thing.

I'm gonna shoot myself. Or maybye not ! This could end up nicely !

I think we should definitly meet each other's team, to talk and maybye help or share experience.

Anyway, I HAD to post here, those projects are too bigs to not collide soon or later.

• Like 1

AWESOME is how I rate it.

*Edited to make the word "awesome" even bigger.

AWESUUUUME

Kodos HunteR26RuS! I'd love to check that map out when it's done. Great work (=

• Like 1

What tool did you use to generate the land? Did you code your own program to set each individual cell block in a save file?

This is Fucking Awesome, thanks for Building this, Can you tell us when it's out!? <3

This is Fucking Awesome, thanks for Building this, Can you tell us when it's out!? <3

Winter