Sign in to follow this  
RegentOrange

Grey screen, disconnect straight after join

Hello,

I have tried looking all over the internet for a solution to this but I have gotten to a point of frustration.

When I log into DayZ servers, I go through the normal process until the part where I actually spawn in. When I spawn in, a disconnect screen comes up and there is no way to abide this, when I click 'Disconnect' I get sent to a grey screen and the only way to get rid of this is to close DayZ. In the disconnect screen there is 'Disconnect' then a private name (random) and 'duration' of 0 mins. I have tried restarting my computer and reinstalling DayZ, ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA, as well as trying it again, but that doesn't work.

Please help me, I am getting quite frustrated.

Regards,

RegentOrange

Not sure what the problem is but I would try these things:

• Try waiting in the lobby a few minutes before attempting to spawn in, make sure battleye updates and initalizes
  • Make sure all files are the correct version in dayz commander, and all paths are correct
  • Run steam as administrator and verify integrety of game cache of arma 2, run arma 2, then verify integrety of arma 2 OA, and run arma 2 OA.
  • Open up necessary ports http://support.dayzmod.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=11

If none of that works, start drinking.

I'm having the same bug, I have no idea what's causing it and I've been looking for a fix for 3 days and seriously cannot find anything. Would like if some mods could help us out, I've fucking tried everything, from reinstalling drivers to doing a fresh reinstall of Arma2 and Arma2:OA, and Dayz itself. Please help.

• Like 1

happens on my server too, comes up as a white greysih screen after going through the long loading process

• Like 1

bump, another day has passed and this happens on every server I joined. tried reinstalling it AGAIN but nothings working. Hope i didnt waste 30 dollars on a game that i cant even play

• Like 1

What type of Dayz server are you playing mods etc?

Are you getting script scan complete messages on these servers?

Retail or steam?

Is beta patch and versions up to date?

• Like 2

Normal dayz, dayz overwatch and dayz epoch servers are the only ones i've tried and none work.

Yes i'm getting script scan complete and bought it through steam. All up to date

• Like 1

Normal dayz, dayz overwatch and dayz epoch servers are the only ones i've tried and none work.

Yes i'm getting script scan complete and bought it through steam. All up to date

Sounds like an automated thing an antihack would do. As you say there's a "Script Scan"-Window coming up those servers actually have an antihack installed.

Did you ever download any fishy programs to enhance your FPS?

Did you ever use any scripts for fun in ARMA itself with BE disabled?

Now - for the obvious - did you download / install hacks?

• Like 2

Sounds like an automated thing an antihack would do. As you say there's a "Script Scan"-Window coming up those servers actually have an antihack installed.

Did you ever download any fishy programs to enhance your FPS?

Did you ever use any scripts for fun in ARMA itself with BE disabled?

Now - for the obvious - did you download / install hacks?

Beat me on the timezone difference.

• Like 1

I've downloaded a hack once to use on my friends server we used to play on, though since then i've had my computer wiped, so not sure.. and why would I be able to play on some servers and not be able to play on others?

• Like 1

I've downloaded a hack once to use on my friends server we used to play on, though since then i've had my computer wiped, so not sure.. and why would I be able to play on some servers and not be able to play on others?

Because not all have an antihack.

It's as easy as that. I you admittedly have had them on your PC at one point and can't be sure whether they're gone or not that's the reason the AH is banning you.

There's nothing we can do, as it's nothing centralised, it differs from server to server.

Don't use hacks, don't download them, don't have them on your computer.

If you follow those rules you can play.

• Like 1

its a dayz bug the devolopers probably working on?

its only started happening since I updated to 1.8.0.3

try joining server mannually

I'm having the same problems, I play SA and I decided to give the mod a try, downloaded arma 2 and OA on steam, then installed dayz / epoch / overwatch / etc in dayz commander. Having problems with dayz commander, tried dayz launcher, finally got my friends server ip, to to join, get this message "Addon "CAMisc_fix_Str" requires addon "CAStructuresHouse_A_Office01"... click ok, get into the server, run around for about 10 seconds, then a dayz epoch load screen comes up and the screen goes white. I've redownloaded / installed twice (with shitty internet that completely sucks!) Never used a hack in my life, i hate hackers they ruin games. I've verified game cache, on arma 2 and arma 2 OA, I rly don't know what else to do. Here is my friends server. Please respond with a fix!!! Btw to join his server, I open Arma 2 OA / multiplayer / put in the ip and port / connect. Mods i have up are Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, and Dayz Epoch 1.0.5. 

198.154.117.11:2802

Same to me, I don't know what to do, I really want to play this game properly!

Sometimes i open it and it works, i play for while. after i die it shows up to me, A gray screen, Disconnects. i can't hear or see anything but gray screen

I tried

-Reinstalling

-Veifying game cache

-Using DayZ commander/Launcher

-Copying arma 2 addon files to A2OA common

Still, Most of times it shows gray screen right after i join a server and spawn by 5 sec