rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

OMFG 2ND POST.

Edit: Ignore me. I'm still drunk and still at work.

Edit #2: It's really nice to have something to look forward to. Props to you, Rockatron.

Edit #3: Third post*

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 4

Cool nice one :thumbsup: , waiting in anticipation for said devblog when it arrives.

So, Dean. You said at E3 (and ill find the link for this) that you would have the alpha out in 2 months.

Does this still stand?

• Like 1

this guy make some  fair sense :)

is no problem for me SA is come 2015 or tomorrow morning time, is too much important game is play in best way no buggy shit :thumbsup:

one day I am see some news for release day I am get excite for sure :D

but before this time is coming I don't worry for this shit B)

• Like 4

So, Dean. You said at E3 (and ill find the link for this) that you would have the alpha out in 2 months.

Does this still stand?

ROFL... Don't count on it.

• Like 2

I need dayz NOW !

No you don't you NEED DayZ, you need: water, food, shelter, clothing

you WANT DayZ and you ain't getting it until Dean thinks his baby is beautiful enough for people to touch it....wait, scratch that stable enough and has enough content to support the hundreds of thousands of people going to buy it on release.

Both of your 2 posts are you bitching about wanting the SA, NOT a good start.

Edited by RekliSnipez
  • Like 4

Our team had requested that we let the forum know the what and why's behind the lack of information.

We've moved to a much more structured approach and July was a major internal milestone for us. This milestone gets reviewed next week, and the results of that review will be released as a devblog. This will give more information to everyone about where the project is at and where it is going.

Why the lack of information?

Development pace has been very rapid and as information gets prepared for a devblog, inevitably things change. Furthermore, things get fixed and added at different times - so it means it is hard to find a time when everything is committed at once.... except for milestones. Hence, we will be releasing the devblog based on the milestone review.

Does this mean it the public alpha is beginning?

No, it does not. But what it does mean is that next week, you will be fully briefed on the current milestone and the steps from there onwards.

Why do this?

We realize that the community are stakeholders in the development, and we've been trying to come up with a method for providing information that works within our development process. We are now at the point where we can follow this. Interest has gotten... rather agitated lately and I think the best thing is to provide some clarity as to our process for next week and beyond.

Seriously though, does this mean the alpha is happening?!

No, it does not. There is no set release date. When an alpha candidate passes it's milestone review, it will be released.

Cheers for that. Was in the process of copying and pasting all your Reddit info in a thread here.

Also

The review will be using gameplay footage.

• Like 1

Does this still stand?

I said we will review the situation internally, and that I expected/hoped that we will release within two months. But I also said that we will delay it until such time as it goes into alpha, there is still no release date.

It's not that hard to find all the answers to your incredibly repetitive/monotonous questions you know..

Maybe start here

http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns?count=25&after=t1_cb8gaap

Edited by CapricornOne

Holy shit? Post on the mod forums, what a novel idea...

Damn, I'm saucy today.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 2

He didnt say that at all. Im not stupid.

HGe can twist it in reddit as much as he likes

I apologized for confusing language associated with that and committed to not doing that in the future. Which is really what this whole topic is for.

• Like 5

Sooo... Alpha confirmed for July?  Sweet.

That's the gist of it...

Seriously, it's nice to finally have an update on whats going on.

• Like 1

Our team had requested that we let the forum know the what and why's behind the lack of information.

We've moved to a much more structured approach and July was a major internal milestone for us. This milestone gets reviewed next week, and the results of that review will be released as a devblog. This will give more information to everyone about where the project is at and where it is going.

Why the lack of information?

Development pace has been very rapid and as information gets prepared for a devblog, inevitably things change. Furthermore, things get fixed and added at different times - so it means it is hard to find a time when everything is committed at once.... except for milestones. Hence, we will be releasing the devblog based on the milestone review.

Does this mean it the public alpha is beginning?

No, it does not. But what it does mean is that next week, you will be fully briefed on the current milestone and the steps from there onwards.

Why do this?

We realize that the community are stakeholders in the development, and we've been trying to come up with a method for providing information that works within our development process. We are now at the point where we can follow this. Interest has gotten... rather agitated lately and I think the best thing is to provide some clarity as to our process for next week and beyond.

Seriously though, does this mean the alpha is happening?!

No, it does not. There is no set release date. When an alpha candidate passes it's milestone review, it will be released.

Thanks for the post 

• Like 3

I now love the word "milestones" because that's the new word Rocket's been using.

Nice and brief update! Thank you, Rocket!  

I apologized for confusing language associated with that and committed to not doing that in the future. Which is really what this whole topic is for.

Most of us want the "network bubble" fully functional, or as close as it can get, before release.

• Like 1

Of course you are.........

I meant im done with arguing with stupid people on here....