Sign in to follow this  
Avtion_Bro

Pulic Hive ERROR: unknown internal error

Sounds like your database is not up to date. Try to export the sql file trough the merge.bat and import it to the database.

• Like 1

i take it your server is giving this message 

your database access dll is corrupted or the frame work i suggest reinstalling the server files as well as any associated .dll files 

• Like 1

Sounds like your database is not up to date. Try to export the sql file trough the merge.bat and import it to the database.

i restart the server and fix it :D.thanks!

• Like 1

i take it your server is giving this message 

your database access dll is corrupted or the frame work i suggest reinstalling the server files as well as any associated .dll files 

i restart the server and fix it :D.thanks!

• Like 1

I'm seeing this on 3 out of our 5 Public Servers. I've bounced them a few times but as soon as a player connects we get the Hive Timeout message when it starts to attempt to pull their information. 

Update: One out of the 3 just finally started working again. (Saw green information pulling in; instead of a timeout) Perhaps if I just keep restarting the other servers over and over until they get a solid connection when someone joins... I guess. Issues going on over there? (Public Hive)

Edited by Strikes

I'm seeing this on 3 out of our 5 Public Servers. I've bounced them a few times but as soon as a player connects we get the Hive Timeout message when it starts to attempt to pull their information. 

Update: One out of the 3 just finally started working again. (Saw green information pulling in; instead of a timeout) Perhaps if I just keep restarting the other servers over and over until they get a solid connection when someone joins... I guess. Issues going on over there? (Public Hive)

maybe dayz staff can confirm the status of the hive , but perhaps a clearing of the cache dns/temp files may do the trick  

• Like 1

Yea, it started happening to all the servers on that box now; like a creeping doom. Bouncing some boxes and will do as suggested; it's only odd that this is the first major 'hive error' for these servers... in, oh I don't know, 5-6 months straight? Just kinda odd for them to need that kind of maintenance out of no where. *shrug*

Issue remains. Did as suggested and still having Public Hive server issues.

Sometimes they'll connect and work for a few minutes; but they seem to be randomly getting that error. Either right when someone joins; or soon after.

Strikes have you submitted and support ticket on the issue yet?

http://support.dayzmod.com/

I haven't; I actually thought about it but since my ticket in March was/is still "Open" without a response... I figured that system was long forgotten, lol.

I'll do one just to be official about it. 

• Like 1

I haven't; I actually thought about it but since my ticket in March was/is still "Open" without a response... I figured that system was long forgotten, lol.

I'll do one just to be official about it. 

Sounds great.

Steak

I am seeing this on my public hive server. The only thing that seems to work is to:

1. restart the server (actually, I shut mine down, and let the restart batch file start the server--don't know if this makes a difference)

2. first player must enter the server (just step 1 of the process), then exit the server

3. at some point in the creating/briefing/playing process, players can then join (I am not sure where exactly since I have never been the first player to rejoin)

Related to this--does anyone know how to automatically close that hive error message box? I have done all sorts of things to squash all other error messages, but this one error box still persists.

• Like 1

I have been getting this on my public hive server as well.  What caused something similar to this in the past is the limitations of the hive.dll not being able to have all of the public hive servers resolve from it.  There may be a hive server that is hung (this was the problem last time) and some servers are trying to resolve to the hung server, thus causing the crash.

EDIT:  I also opened a ticket on support.dayzmod.com for this.

Edited by Skydive

This is what I'm seeing in the console now:

1:16:27 HiveExt(0): [information] HiveExt ce45a1f7524c
 1:16:29 HiveExt(0): [Warning] Error getting config: 'Connection refused'
 1:16:29 HiveExt(0): [information] Using cached config copy

Strikes have you submitted and support ticket on the issue yet?

http://support.dayzmod.com/

No offense, but considering the SSL certificate for that page is expired and has gone unnoticed, it's not likely that anything else submitted there is being noticed either.

This is still an issue for us. It's pretty much hit or miss; but the problem here is during the initial start up of our servers. 

So, during our restart times.... there's pretty much a 75% chance that the "Public Hive" will refuse our connection and then causes the serve to 'hold' on the "Unknown Hive Error" screen; since it won't crash the server or anything all of our programs think it's still running and won't auto-recover it. Which means we have to manually check/connect these servers over and over.

Obviously this is a Public Hive Issue and something needs to be addressed here. It's been going on for 4 days now, at the least. (When our issue with it started) My community members would really appreciate it if this could get looked into by someone officially. Thanks!

Edited by Strikes

From other thread:

Its being looked into we have very little access to these systems.

But from the info im getting back it does look like there is an issue on the hive soon as i know more so will you.

• Like 2