Sign in to follow this  
Calculon

FN FAL AN/PVS-4 night vision toggle?

Hey guys,

Just found an FN FAL AN/PVS-4 (the FAL with the night-vision sights on it). I was wondering if there's any way to toggle it to either normal sights or thermal? Kind of a useless gun if I already have night vision goggles.

I have no idea off the top of my head but why not just look in the Controls option? I'm sure it will be listed there?

Got the same weapon, and I guess we can't turn it off.

I asked in some servers and ppl told me it wasn't possible.

Thermal and Normal modes of the scope are disabled in DayZ.

It's purely NV mode.

Great rifle to snipe people with at night though. Better than the DMR imo. I like it :D.

Thermal and Normal modes of the scope are disabled in DayZ.

Actually this scope has no other modes than nightvision - even in normal Arma.

Tested this rifle, and when you hit 'N', it toggles between night vision and FILR (green and red) in game.

The 'night-mode' only was one of the reasons why I actually just gave up my FAL PVS. I didn't have NVGs at the time, so my chances of ever getting to use it were pretty much nil.

Which really sucks, considering how I pretty much threw away one of the rarest weapons in the game. Just didn't seem practical for a day-walker to have it, though.

Tested this rifle' date=' and when you hit 'N', it toggles between night vision and FILR (green and red) in game.

[/quote']

Are you sure you're not confusing the FAL with the L85A2? I don't remember 'N' ever working to change vision types with the FAL.

Its NV only. The L85 has thermal. Neither have a normal mode. Its a shame because the NV FAL would be amazing if it wasn't just NV. Should have an option to turn it off.

I remember using the l85a2 and some bugged occurred, causing the l85a2 scope to not be in thermal OR NV, was quite nice as it looked clear but then it went back to normal. Thermal is really good though.