beatSTV

DayZ : Aftermath Mod

I'm blown away guys, this looks like it's going to be huge.

Really can't wait to play this.

• Like 1

I'm blown away guys, this looks like it's going to be huge.

Really can't wait to play this.

yeah should be good 

Edited by beatSTV

Great progress is being made! Weapon crafting and survival gear crafting systems are largely complete. Just awaiting some new 3D models to be complete.

Our new LA dedi box is up and i'm setting that up now. We would love aussie servers, but the funds are not there currently for that.

Jump on the website in beastv sig or @ www.dayzaftermath.net to get the latest!

Just noticed this mod, and more specifically the name of the mod!

I noticed you are you using dayzaftermath.net I am the owner of dayzaftermath.com, I registered it last year for a project that was later abandoned.

If you want the .com you can have it if you like, for free, or I will accept some beans but if you must twist my arm then a place on the closed beta!

Just contact me and I will transfer, it is registered on Godaddy.

P.S. the part about closed beta was a joke!

• Like 2

This is looking pretty damn impressive I must say, hopefully it runs ok with all the new additions.

So any eta on when your closed test is to be finished so we can have a crack at this. It sounds very interesting.

So any eta on when your closed test is to be finished so we can have a crack at this. It sounds very interesting.

We are hoping for a release in 3-4 weeks, but there is so much to do!

More info here http://dayzaftermath.net

• Like 1

Zulcan, please pm me contact details. Many thanka for your offer.

SmashT we have notnoticed any performance issues with 30 players on server. We are continuing to test and streamline.

Demon, ETA for open.public beta is 2-4 weeks. We are on this every day but this sort of new content takes time. Especially when learning as we go.

• Like 1

Is there any actual way to get into closed beta testing? 

One being someone that doesn't have over 100,000 subscribers on youtube :)

closed beta is litrally just a few guys testing for bugs with the occasional event if someone liek a big yt'er comes on, public beta will be released soon then we can all play together happily with less bugs and a complete map :)

• Like 1

I am in the process of writing the Open Beta Release Post, check our website over the next 24 hours for details.

The closed beta was just the beginning.

• Like 1

Sounds good :)

Apolgies for the lack of updates, With 2 kids and what not, life is a little hectic. 

Massive progress has been made in our weapon and item crafting systems with huge thanks to all the guys who helped out.

A video will be posted on my Youtube Channel, highlighting our progress on this either tonight or tomorrow (Aus Time)

• Like 1

Lots of cool new stuff being implemented

So excited for this, been waiting for a while.

• Like 1

will this be out on dayz commander?

it should be yes when v1.0 is released

I think BIS should really hire BeatSTV with the whole map design and features. :)

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

I think BIS should really hire BeatSTV with the whole map design and features. :)

lol no they shouldn't they'd end up with a shed in the middle of the ocean upside down and on fire. Credit for map design is Amrak and scripting goes to Rossymond

Update from Rossy on how we are getting on, if you want to hear the lastest news first register on our forum (in my sig)

Morning all,

So where are we at?

After some frustrating evenings, our dedi box seems to be running well now. With its top of the range Xeon and 2 x SSDs in RAID. performance is nothing short of blistering. Servers are only in 15 seconds from cold start and server FPS is solid.

Our new weapon and weapon attachment system is coming along well, with some equipment images, model textures an adjustments to be made before completion. The system works really well, with seemless changes and some new on screen text to make it easier to use.

I'm working on a method of removing the attachments after you have attached them, but the best way of doing this is hard to figure. We can add attachments to tool slots after being attached, and then remove them by right click. Or we may be able to have a right click on your primary weapon, but that can wait until all the above is done.

A couple of the more artistic guys are working on a fully custom gear and GUI system, and by this we mean much more than just a colour scheme!

New equipment pictures, 3D models and code is being finished each day, and the mod is looking better and better each time I play it,our new Syringe Gun model is finished, Evwon did a top job on that, enabling you to load your VID dose into your gun and inject yourself, it's maybe even possible to get a new animation for that, hopefully someone I know who did some animations for other mods can help.

The house building and base building system has taken a back seat while we finish other things, but some great plans have been set in motion and it really is gonna be epic! All new buildings built from scratch by myself and the team, brand new building methods and more realistic building ingredients.

Ill stop rambling now and get on with it!

Hope you all like the progress, I can't wait to get on with you all and play. Build beta release is on track to 2-4 weeks. Unfortunately, we cannot commit to saying what features are not gong to be in the beta, but this obviously depends on what problems we encounter. We will do our best as always.

I'm spending about 6-8 hours a day working on this now. So apologies to anyone on TS if I seem upset or rude in anyway, it's just been frustrating of late.

Rossymond          

After the uber disapointing mods like Breaking point and Overwatch (not a mod in my eyes just some random weapons and buildings thrown on the map)

The Aftermath mod looks well done from what i've seen so far, alot of interesting stuff, buildings etc is placed on the map nicley.

Looks like its gonna be a winner :)

Excited to try it out

Keep up the good work

Edited by Drbane
  • Like 1

I was going to make a comment about how close this will release to the drop of the SA but then I remembered that the standalone is never going to be released.

Screenshots looks beautiful. The new lighting is definitely more appropriate for the setting than the default arma 2 lighting other mods use. If you release it sooner there are favors in store for you. The only kind of favors worth calling favors