Николай13

Standalone Release Date

What's up guys. So a few weeks ago, Rocket said at Rezzed that DayZ Standalone would come out it June, with a one week window to finish any last minute changes. Today is June 30th. Where does that leave us with a release date?

Sometime soon from what I gather but not a day sooner until it's ready to go public alpha, so who knows. It's not vaporware thankfully.

Edited by zfleming12

Hmmm, I don't remember him giving a June release date, did I miss something?

I remember him saying that they have set a date for release internally (that's where the "week" quote comes from, he meant that date falls in a certain week) but that would not be made public at this time.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 6

I doubt it will be much longer honestly. The fact that they had a Standalone build playable at E3 says alot for their alpha and what they have been showing us in the last couple of days again just says, not too much longer.

Just keep your fingers crossed and be patient. =)

He never said it was coming in June.. He said they have decided on a specific week they want to release it but they have not said which week that is.

• Like 3

Hmmm, I don't remember him giving a June release date, did I miss something?

I remember him saying that they have set a date for release internally but that would not be made public at this time.

Yes he did say he was going to release it in june I think,but we should give him time it is a hard game to make because of all the bugs.

He said that they know in which week they want to release it, but don't have a specific date within said week yet. No mention of June.

Yes he did say he was going to release it in june I think,but we should give him time it is a hard game to make because of all the bugs.

Nope

Edited by IOnlyCampMyFireplace
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure (100% actually) that he didn't, he did say they were holding a review in June though, perhaps that's where you guys are getting confused. Trust me, if he'd set a release date for June we'd know about it.

Edited by Fraggle

I think alot of the confusion is because many of the pc gaming news outlets seemed to take Dean's statement about the review period in june and ran with it as a release date. There were quite a few sites touting june as the officially announced release time.

And the moral of the story is to go straight to the source and not trust fat lazy game journalists. As we saw with WarZ and a million games before that they'll just take any snippets of info regardless of the source and run with it because 90% of them aren't journalists at all, they're chancers.

Get your facts from proper sources.

• Like 2

Ya people will spout any crap to have a "breaking story" but I think WarZ did most of its bad advertising by itself ^_^

He said june? :o MAYBE HE MEANS JUNE 2014 :o

post-136775-0-43960500-1372621618_thumb.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure (100% actually) that he didn't, he did say they were holding a review in June though, perhaps that's where you guys are getting confused. Trust me, if he'd set a release date for June we'd know about it.

he has said june many times in the past (while ago), and then he comes out at rezzed and says a window of about a week with 1 week left in june.

he has said june many times in the past (while ago), and then he comes out at rezzed and says a window of about a week with 1 week left in june.

Negative.

• Like 1

They said they would be assessing release in June, which they did. That specific knowledge is not public other than they've picked an internal window for release.

Edited by Dreygar
  • Like 1

i believe it will be released in about early July, just wait and see guys, give him time to fix bugs!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm going to bet around september/october, if it was july they'd happily announce it to the world and everyone would be happy.

The only reason they aren't telling people is because it's not in the immediate future.

Negative.

I also recall a mentioning of June by Mr. Rocket or Matthew.. And I know I am not wrong =)

PS:Which^ doesnt mean that they said they were going to release it in June. But the "mentioning" was containing "June" and "release date", which would lead ppl to understand that way tho.. If I could remember where/when this was mentioned, I could then elaborate this issue more tho..

Snip;

They said they would be assessing release in June, which they did. That specific knowledge is not public other than they've picked an internal window for release.

This^ can be the case. Considering that I recall such a thing but was not rly expecting a release in June, this^ kind of a thing is kinda most likely imo.

Edited by SoulHunter

I also recall a mentioning of June by Mr. Rocket or Matthew.. And I know I am not wrong =)

PS:Which^ doesnt mean that they said they were going to release it in June. But the "mentioning" was containing "June" and "release date", which would lead ppl to understand that way tho.. If I could remember where/when this was mentioned, I could then elaborate this issue more tho...

Maybe you should re-read what he said. In fact I'll post it for you and highlight the important part:

We're going to review the situation in June

He said nothing about the release date.

Edited by colekern

PS:Which^ doesnt mean that they said they were going to release it in June. But the "mentioning" was containing "June" and "release date", which would lead ppl to understand that way tho.. If I could remember where/when this was mentioned, I could then elaborate this issue more tho..

Snip;

This^ can be the case. Considering that I recall such a thing but was not rly expecting a release in June, this^ kind of a thing is kinda most likely imo.

Hmmm, but still no sources. Why? because it was just speculation, largely based on the fact Rocket said there would be a review in June.

Maybe you should re-read what he said. In fact I'll post it for you and highlight the important part:

He said nothing about the release date.

Maybe you are the one who should re-read what I wrote.

Hmmm, but still no sources. Why? because it was just speculation, largely based on the fact Rocket said there would be a review in June.

If there was a source found until now, there would then be no ppl saying "B..but he said june!!!1!!", correct ? There are dozens of videos and reviews on dayz including Rocket and other ppl working in the team.

You could easily guess that this was clearly mentioned considering that all of those who say that this kinda thing was said before, cannot be rly related with eachother in regards to be a troll group or such anyway. As an example I do not know any of the guys here who say so..

It is not that simple to remember and take 1 sentence out of dozens of them, which is not a need here as well anyway.

Again, I said something was said containing "june" and "release date" (which is the possible reason why ppl remember it as the game would be released in June, which was not really said before tho) not that the game should of released by now (nor in june or such)...

..based on the fact Rocket said there would be a review in June...

What I said.

PS:Btw just found: http://dayzmod.com/f...e/#entry1251223 (<- that is also the "source"you asked for, Sir Fraggle. )

^For those who seek some info about the release. Take your time/Enjoy. =)

Regards

Edited by SoulHunter

I understand that it is in Alpha, and I understand that people will download it from steam and see the bugs and cry to no end because they do not take the time to pay attention; that is if the information is given with context.

I also think they should release it asap, just for the simple fact that there are people out there who want to genuinely help make the experience better and the only way this can be done is by getting their hands on the product.

There are a lot of cool things that encompass DayZ and they need to be balanced, and they will never be "properly" balanced in a closed state.

Hopefully the price of the alpha wont be outlandish, so as to when those who don't understand fully what they got themselves into can just shrug it off, and come back later to a better experience.

Edited by Strongtent

25:48

Streamed live on Jun 23, 2013

Dean Hall returns to Rezzed to share progress made on the standalone version of his hugely successful zombie survival mod for ArmA 2.

Subscribe to Eurogamer - http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...

For the latest video game reviews, news and analysis, check out http://www.eurogamer.net and don't forget to follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/eurogamer

Edited by mix_dj_5000