Joshuam303

Bought Arma 2 collection and got dayz but had loads of problems and need some help

Ok so i got the Arma 2 collection after waiting ages for it, got it for £25 off of steam. immediately starting downloading the core arma 2 game, then i downloaded the operation arrowhead add-on, then the private military company one, then british armed forces, and then the operation arrowhead beta, and finally the dayz mod. During all of these, it kept bringing up something to sign up to, can't quiet remember what it was.

i tried to run the mod from the beta patch. but when it was running, something came up

Failed to load file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\pmc\addons\air_pmc.pbo" - Decryption of headers failed.

then it came up with "invalid key given during setup"

then i tried to vertify game cache of arma 2 operation arrowhead since that is where problem was coming from it said one file was missing and that it was downloading it. i then tried opening Dayz and it came up with

Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

any help? i really want to play this game :(

when i tried to play it, it would be stuck on waiting for authentication from server, then go to a black screen with a name, duration 0, then a disconnect button

Edited by Joshuam303

Did you run Arma 2 and OA once, to the splash screen before running DayZ? How are you launching Dayz? I would dl and install DayZcommander. Check the install button, top right, and dl latest Dayz and Arma beta patch etc. Then try a server from commander. Also it might be worth verifying you install through Steam.

Good luck. :)

• Like 1

Did you run Arma 2 and OA once, to the splash screen before running DayZ? How are you launching Dayz? I would dl and install DayZcommander. Check the install button, top right, and dl latest Dayz and Arma beta patch etc. Then try a server from commander. Also it might be worth verifying you install through Steam.

Good luck. :)

This.

Same problem, and the responses mean nothing.

When you install ARMA II and Operation Arrowhead you need to start them. Let them run until the main menu screen. At this point you can exit. You shall not exit past this point, nor before this point. This shall be the point you exit..... Anyway.. If you download DayZ Commander you can then download the ARMA II beta patch and the DayZ files very easily. DayZ Commander is free. You can join servers from it etc.

Shortcut is incorrect!

Arma 2 should be started, quit at menu screen
Operation arrowhead should be started, quit at the menu screen.
install beta patch
http://www.arma2.com/downloads/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_103718.zip

install @DayZ into the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead directory.

create a shortcut (this is the correct shortcut, just change the location to match yours)

"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ" -nosplash

Carnt find servers, use the ingame browser and use the filters or download and install dayzcommander.

As for the PMC mod, Dayz only uses a few High res textures from here. google is your mate, cause I dont know what ones they are =)