Sign in to follow this  
Gottefar

Why am I not able to join servers hosting other maps than Chernarus?

Hi!

I've been trying to join servers hosting other maps than Chernarus, like Namalsk or Taviana. I've downloaded, for instance, the DayZ Namalsk v.0.741 through Play withSix. I then go to the server browser to find a server that is hosting Namalsk. I found a lot of them so I chose the one with the most people on it, no white list or anything. I get to the loading screen, but then it stops at "Requesting authentication" and the time in the bottom right corner ticks up to 60 and it stops. I've tried a lot of servers and a lot of other maps too, but nothing seems to work. It works perfectly with Cherarus though.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me because I really want to try some other maps.

Thanks in advance!

Let me guess ... you upgraded to v1.7.7.1 of the DayZ Mod.

Yep ... well that is why, the other mods have not been updated with support for DayZ 1.7.7.1 ... so you either have to downgrade to DayZ v1.7.6.1 and play on those servers ... or wait till they get updated.

HTH

Yep ... well that is why, the other mods have not been updated with support for DayZ 1.7.7.1 ... so you either have to downgrade to DayZ v1.7.6.1 and play on those servers ... or wait till they get updated.

HTH

Nah... idk... the other maps have nothing to do with the "original" DayZ mod. Every map is an individual mod for arma. Every map gots its own mod folder. You can play namalsk, origins, taviana etc even if you have not installed the orginal dayz mod.

@op

Try to use the dayz commander.

HTH

If this is the case, how do I downgrade DayZ? Do I have to delete it and download an earlier version or can I downgrade it through Play withSix?

If this is the case, how do I downgrade DayZ? Do I have to delete it and download an earlier version or can I downgrade it through Play withSix?

Apparently I am wrong ... don't listen to me. :)

Use DayZ commander

Use DayZ commander

I'm trying to use DayZ commander. At first when I tried to join a server it said "There was an error launching" or something like that. I changed to "Launch using Steam". When I tried to join again it only took me to the menu with a message saying "Bad version, server rejected connection". How should I proceed?

I'm trying to use DayZ commander. At first when I tried to join a server it said "There was an error launching" or something like that. I changed to "Launch using Steam". When I tried to join again it only took me to the menu with a message saying "Bad version, server rejected connection". How should I proceed?

Use the "Install" option of DayZ Commander and it will let you know what versions of the various mods your are running.

Use the "Install" option of DayZ Commander and it will let you know what versions of the various mods your are running.

So should I or should I not have the latest versions?