Sign in to follow this  
xiRoNy

DayZ Framerate Frustration

I am getting horrid framerates with this game. I don't know what direction to go with my computer anymore and I'm really frustrated. When there are less than 10 people in a server i get about 22 fps. Everybody says this mod requires a lot of a cpu power so my natural thought process was to upgrade my e7500 core 2 duo processor to a core 2 quad q8200. I expected great performance out of this upgrade because my old processor was maxing out at 100% load. i installed my q8200 and fired up dayz but to my dismay i was still getting the awful framerates of 8-12 fps. My new CPU isn't hitting 100% anymore and my gpu (a whopping geforce gt 430) isn't under full load. What am i missing here. I just want to comfortably play this game. My question is: What should i upgrade? I have room in the budget for an hd7770, should i do that? I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post but I need advice. Thank you.

Overview of my pc specs:

• Q8200 cpu
  • GeForce gt 430
  • 6gb ddr2 ram

sorry for the wall of text also

i think your rigs fine. You should turn off Post process, and maybe the shadows , see if it increase your FPS .It worked for me and increased by A LOT.

I can run de game with max settings without thoses 2 options OFF. If i turn them ON i down to horrible Frame again

Dayz needs 3 things. A CPU (Intel 3.0ghz+) (AMD 3.5ghz+) SSD(Solid State Drive) or a high performance Harddrive (ssd are cheaper). (Nvidia GTX 4+ Series) (ATI HD 7+series). thats for hardware.

In-game settings, What they do, and how they affect your CPU and GPU.

First off is Post Processing effect, Its a dimming application that is really meant for High end PC's / Dayz vets (Low/Normal) It blurs the distance image but make's it easier to see gun fire.

Vsync, It's a settings app that controls the frame rate of your monitors refreash rate, In dayz, it throttles it down alot, for reasons i do not know.

Video Memory, Is the games application settings to attempt to create virtual ram, which sucks, always keep it at Default. (basically it throttles your Ram).

PPA/Atoc are smoothing applications, for higher image quality, in some situations in PPA\ (All trees Option).actually increases your FPS by 3-5. Atoc is a line smoothing App, it makes object up close seem very life like, at a small if non fps loss, Though i do not recommend these settings unless you are achieving at least 50-60 FPS at that point you got "FPS to Spare".

View Distance- has been upgraded to 4k instead of the old 1600. keep that in mind.

3d resolutions/ interface resolutions should match your native Desktop setting. (example, My desktop is 1600x900, so both my 3d/interface resolutions are 1600x900)

Object detail\Terrain detail, and texture detail should be set to your liking, shadow detail has a huge performance hit so disable that, i know it looks super fing awesome but at the cost of fps, not worth it.

Both of the filtering apps should either be disabled or tested with fps from Fraps to see if they do any performance impact on your pc, Note antialiasing has 2 formats low to very high and 5 to 8, I've notice that nvidia cards use the 5 to 8 format and ati uses the low to very high format.

Other than that stick it on a SSD, if you dont have the money and have a high amount of ram then use a ramdisk. Good luck

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz