Sign in to follow this  
MrFanseePants

Weird Lag?

I have recently purchased Arma2 and Arma2OA. And then I downloaded dayz commander. When I joined the game i experienced lag. My frame rate was about 10-15. So I tried turning my 3D resolution, Interface resolution, and Quality preference to a bare minimum. My fps stayed exactly the same. I have an Asus desktop Pc with 8 gigs of ram and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti Graphics card. Also a 64 bit operating system with a AMD Athlon II X2 220 Processor with 2.80 Ghz. Normally I would think that my computer specs couldn't handle Dayz's graphics. But knowing that even on bare minimum graphics, the lag wouldn't wouldn't simmer down a bit. That let's me know that something is up. Please help me resolve my issue. :)

Edited by MrFanseePants

Have you tried playing it on Windowed? Using that will lower the resolution which makes performance a lot better and you can change it to whatever size you want. If Windowed bothers you, try using a black background for awhile.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't get to try it though. When I logged on to try it, the lag was somehow gone! But if this lag issue comes back, I will be sure to use your tip. Thanks for the help. :)

Edited by MrFanseePants

It all depends on the server.

Some servers have a huge amount of vehicles and other features that will make you lag. Personal experience.

Nope, nope and NOPE! i'll tell you what your issue is, you got good amount of ram, your graphic card is within limits(by a wide margin), but your 2.8Ghz processor and the fact its AMD isn't fast enough. For AMD you need like 3.3 or 3.5ghz, plus a 120gb ssd would make all the better

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz