OmgBrehNoWay

[DAYZ SQUAD HUNTER] - Easily Find New Team Mates!

sm98b8.jpg
DAYZ SQUAD HUNTER

So I'm new to the forum here and not sure where to post this or even if it will be much use.
But anyways, I made a Tumblr allowing people to fill out a simple form and submit it in order to find new team mates easily.
I know stuff like that goes on here but I think it could still be of some use, plus the navigation would make it easier too.

So without further adieu...
http://squadhunter.tumblr.com/
There we have it. Please try it out and I'll be sure to keep it up to date and everything else.
Any feedback on it is appreciated, the more constructive the better though. Thanks.

The Future of Squad Hunter:
The plan for SH is to create an app/instant messenger or 'dating' type site.
Tumblr doesn't have the capability for such a future and will slowly be outdated and eventually closed.
I am looking for help with creating an app/instant messenger or 'dating' type site,
so if you can program/design a site or you think you can help in some way please leave a response below!

Make sure to give us an up vote!
Reddit Post

Edited by OmgBrehNoWay
  • Like 12

Not a bad tool. This could get popular very quickly.

Edited by killerdude765

Thank you, I know it's not the best but I thought it was a nifty little idea.

Thanks folks! Glad you're finding it useful, try spreading it/sharing it around it'll definitely make it much more worthwhile.

What Is Squad Hunter?
Here's the original thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/140288-dayz-squad-hunter-easily-find-new-team-mates/

The Future of Squad Hunter?
The plan for SH is to create an app/instant messenger or 'dating' type site. Tumblr doesn't have the capability for such a future and will slowly be outdated and eventually closed.I am looking for help with creating an app/instant messenger or 'dating' type site, so if you can program/design a site or you think you can help in some way please leave a response below!

An aweful lot of kids on there already, what's wrong with just reading the boards already here and checking out the more active and popular threads?

As internesting as this sounds to me (as the founder of a social gaming group) isnt this just re-inventing the wheel as theres apps that kind of do this already such as Xfire/Steam/Enjin etc etc and from what I can see there's nothing new proposed here to tackle the main flaw all of these existing systems have, which is they rely heavily on clients isntalling and using the app , and continuing to do so for a sustained period.

Just to highlight this, this is the same clients who the majority of the time can't even be bothered to check already existing and establisehd places for teamplay such as the forums here. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU SEE "Looking for teammates" or "I need a clan" threads started right above an active and recently posted on thread advertsing a clan or existing team? My main worry with sucha  project would be that after the hipsters and kids get bored, all these apps and associated websites they seem to fade away and are only popualted by the likes of me who already have clans/groups and are fishing for more.

Again im really not trying to undermine this excellent project or flame you, just from experience, people by and large are idiots and lazy and you need to take this into consideration if youa re going to take on "the big boys" like Steam. i genuinenly wish you the best of luck.

Edited by Box

Well I'm glad you mentioned these points as like I suggested, I'd rather have a match-up system in which you can filter/friend those who are into the same games/mods and other interests as you. Essentially like a dating site but for team mates. A lot of these sites work by simply matching similar interests, Squad Hunter would be different in the sense that there'd be a rating system on "teamwork"/"friendliness", giving you a quick one look decision on whether or not you really want to play with or get to know that player.

Squad Hunter is open to suggestions but overall a 'dating'/match-up service is the goal.

Ive had a look myself at your current site on Tumblr and I'll be watching the development of this.

Well so long as I get some support with hosting a new site and get some HTML jockeys on board then it should be plain sailing.

Edited by OmgBrehNoWay