Sign in to follow this  
ratava

\z\ addons\dayz_code\gui\dayz_logo_ca_paa not found / Waiting for Server Authentication

Let me add my voice to this choir. I too am a Steam User. I run a private hive server which I could not log into this am with the "waiting for server authentication" black screen. Some quick research turned up that there was yet another patch since Monday's 1.7.7.1 which I needed to apply. My server is now running 1.7.7.3. Upon updating, however, my client behavior changed. Now, in addition to not getting past the "waiting for server authentication" black screen, I also get the missing file error others are mentioning. I took it a step further and performed the steam cache refresh process mentioned in other threads with no change in behavior. It seems unlikely that a wide variety of people all experienced cache corruption in exactly the same way, on exactly the same file at the same time. It is far more reasonable to think that there is something wrong with the patch applied to the servers we are all trying to access. Can we get some comment from the Devs on this subject? Is this now a known bug? Is there another patch coming to address? We can't play till this is fixed.

hfbservers published a patch this am they call the "official reality update1.7.7.3" to fix some tent issue. I believe the missing file error stems from the fact that I installed it but reality seems to be some alternate server mod that I am not running, hence the missing files. It should probably be listed separately if it is only for servers running that mod. I have downgraded my server to what hfbservers is calling 1.7.7.2, which I believe, is the Monday AM patch. I am still getting the "waiting for authentication" error but not the missing files error anymore. I did notice that my steam updated dayz yesterday afternoon. Was there a steam client patch pushed for which a server patch has yet to be released?

Got it sorted. Hope this helps others. It appears the Steam update somehow broke access to the new patch. I had to downrev my server from 1.7.7.3 to 1.7.7.1-3. After doing so, I can connect.

I'm having same problem.. but I had it since last night... and I don't use Steam! D: What should I do? And my DayZ is at 1.7.7.1

Edited by SarouSaren

Ok.. now I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. But I bought mine from GamersGate, not Steam. I clicked the reinstall button on DayZ and let it install twice to see if that would fix my missing files. Now I always get the same missing file as you listed.. the authenticating server loading screen instantly loads to half way and then gets stuck there for usually around 3-5 minutes.. and then when it finally loaded I was "Pvt. Matthew Lillard" I think, had a vertical, thin white line going through the middle half of the screen and the only box on it was a disconnect box.

And all my loading screens are usually black.

I had two problems. Depending on which symptom you may have one or both. They were: - Missing Files: This was due to the fact that I had applied the 1.7.7.3 patch (or what hfbservers was calling 1.7.7.3) which was supposed to be for servers running the reality mod. I am not running that mod, so I assume I should not have applied that patch. - Black Screen / Waiting for Server Authentication: This was due to a mismatch between my client version and my server version. In my case, Steam seems to have pushed a patch in the last 24 hours that caused my client to no longer connect properly to my server running Monday's patch. I had to revert the server to 1.7.7.1-r3 and now I can play. I would recommend you either contact your server admin if you know them, or hunt around to find a server running your clients version. Good Luck.

It's a patching issues, your version isn't syncing up with the server you are trying to join. Downgrade your beta throught dayz commander, sarousaren, i'll do yours when your done installing

These issues happen alot when huge patches are released, please be patient. usually always gets fixed right away.