DZR_Mikhail

Russian Community Consolidated Suggestions - A huge presentation for Rocket.

Many of the points in this list are equivalent to suggestions made in my post(in my signature). Though this is a much more flushed out list of things with a lot more consideration I assume from many people.

I don't agree fully on all points but they raise issues that are worth consideration. I sure hope Rocket gets some time to strife through It.

Many of the points in this list are equivalent to suggestions made in my post(in my signature). Though this is a much more flushed out list of things with a lot more consideration I assume from many people.

I don't agree fully on all points but they raise issues that are worth consideration. I sure hope Rocket gets some time to strife through It.

After glancing over your suggestions it in fact appears some of them have their equivalent in the paper brought forward in this thread but I wouldnt exactly make them out to be 'many'. :)

Though true enough all intersecting points are fleshed out in much greater detail then they are in your thread. I also agree with you that all issues raised are worth a careful consideration by the makers of SA and in fact lets do hope Rocket takes his time to attentively sift through this amazing compilation of goodness. :beans:

Edited by ZuluActual

Очень надеюсь, что Рокет хотя-бы не проигнорирует презентацию. Ведь не один день мы это все писали.

This was so good I might have done things to this can of beans before giving it to you.

cheers!!

I like seeing the Russian point of view, several things I wouldn't have thought of... pitchfork as a melee weapon, beautiful.

• Like 1

Михаил, Если это увидит Rocket то сообщишь нам об этом?

I just read ayour suggestions and had a cool inspiration :) I hope you don't mind me adding "corpses present until restart" and expanding it a little. I''ve added your nickname to contributors.

UPD: Appears I already have this idea, but one aspect was missing, about server restart. I added it and you as promised.

Михаил, Если это увидит Rocket то сообщишь нам об этом?

Да. Я сделаю объявление везде. Это же самое главное событие и все авторы его ждут.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

Well according to Matt SA servers won't be needing restarts to maintain performance so there will have to be a different sort of (perhaps temporal) trigger for corpses to disappear.

Matt Lightfoot:

At the moment our test server only needs to be restarted when we update the version, it seems rather stable.

source: http://dayzmod.com/f...80#entry1324260

Edited by ZuluActual

Well according to Matt SA servers won't be needing restarts to maintain performance so there will have to be a different sort of (perhaps temporal) trigger for corpses to disappear.

I'm going to be dragging them all into water sources so they won't last long.

Edited by SmashT

I fear that might be detrimental to your goal because running a sophisticated google search uncovered that bodies in water in fact take longer to decompose than when left to rot over ground in an air-rich environment. :rolleyes:

Matt Lightfoot:

source: http://dayzmod.com/f...80#entry1324260

What! no unannounced restarts 2 minutes after getting a huey in the air! sorry but this will ruin DayZ for me, i want my money back!

Edited by Fluxley

Михаил. Отличная работа! Сижу читаю, оторваться прям не могу)) очень надеюсь что Рокет рассмотрит презентацию.

• Like 1

Хорошая работа, Михаил. Я и русское сообщество гордимся вами.

f0QARjn.gif

• Like 4

Very good!

You might like having a read of this, this and this. These might be useful in fleshing out ideas for game modes (promoting causality/consequence and over-arching themes of survival as a species) as well as making social interactions dynamicly influence the state of the game world, specificly loot drops. Anyway very impressed with your dedication and persistance (wish I had a little more :) ).

The health system looks amazing! I hope they do something similar to it.

• Like 1

The idea to add text that pops up and says "You smell smoke from direction X" is pure Gold. Magnificent and highly immersive.

Rocket, please can we have it haha :wub:

• Like 2

Have no time atm to read it all, but even the huge-effort put in this manifest is something great :)

You and your community do not only get my beans, but some tasty bacon on top of it!

• Like 1

i really like the advanced human body idea...but man this goes far too wide imho...there would be soo many dependencies, i guess it would end up in a major fuckup and endless bug-fixing!

it would end up in a major fuckup and endless bug-fixing!

Man, this is what alpha would be anyway for at least a year ahead WITH or WITHOUT my features :) Rocket told it himself.

haha i could imagine ppl dying all the time and have no f*** clue what is going on with their bodies... :D