r4z0r49

1.7.* Infection WIP Update

Please make the treatment a can of sprite and chicken noodle soup.

Were not talking about SARS. :)

Edited by methr1k2dop3

Were not talking about SARS. :)

The zombie infection has run it's course, like grass through the buffalo.

• Like 1

Infection rates should be similar to breaking legs. Also, if the rate were to even stay the same if the infection took longer to kill it would facilitate people to be constantly looking for and trading for antibiotics instead of just killing themselves when they get an infection.

• Like 1

It seems like alot of work for something that kind of already worked. Getting infected was cool, the problem is anti-biotics are hard to find and that zombies infecting you had too high chance. Id just suggest increasing anti-biotic spawn chance, and then lowering the chance to get infected a bit. i dont understand why design such a complicated system instead, you have to keep in mind with the new zombie buffs you basically have a 100% chance of getting hit by one during your course of play. that means with this system you proposed, if i understand it correctly, you always get infected every time you play and that can get a bit boring imo. stick to the simpler solution where its just chance based, but with a slightly lower chance than now, and then buff the anti-biotics spawn rate a bit. it will provide enough of a twist to the play experience, and it seems somewhat easy to implement, and then you can start work on a new feature to spice things up even more

Edited by veryevil
  • Like 1

I applaud this effort.

I don't see the infection or high risk as the real problem. It's the imminent death that usually follows.

A way to stay alive yet still in pretty bad shape until a real treatment/antibiotics can be obtained would be a major improvemet as long is it was semi easy to find.

eminent death after infection? what are you talking about. i ran from kamenka to berezino with 1k blood while infected. the problem is you have a 100% chance to get infected right now, and even several times when you play. that gets a bit old imo. the chance of getting infected should be kind of like the chance of zeds breaking your legs. and then anti-biotics should have kind of the same spawn rate as morphine auto injector, it will spice things up a notch without being imbalanced imo.

• Like 1

It seems like alot of work for something that kind of already worked. Getting infected was cool, the problem is anti-biotics are hard to find and that zombies infecting you had too high chance. Id just suggest increasing anti-biotic spawn chance, and then lowering the chance to get infected a bit. i dont understand why design such a complicated system instead, you have to keep in mind with the new zombie buffs you basically have a 100% chance of getting hit by one during your course of play. that means with this system you proposed, if i understand it correctly, you always get infected every time you play and that can get a bit boring imo. stick to the simpler solution where its just chance based, but with a slightly lower chance than now, and then buff the anti-biotics spawn rate a bit. it will provide enough of a twist to the play experience, and it seems somewhat easy to implement, and then you can start work on a new feature to spice things up even more

I agree with this. Adding purely mechanical moves with common items to treat infection takes too much edge off. I see the new "infection element" as a valuable addition to the game. I'm still working on using total zed avoidance as my strategy, since I haven't located anti-biotics. But I don't want anti-biotics spawning with the frequency of morphine or heat packs. That basically eliminates fear of infection, just as broken legs or cold aren't serious in most scenarios.

I've heard sleeping in a tent cures infection, and that might work.

Never slept in a tent. Even that sounds a bit easy, since carrying and sleeping in a tent would take less slots than a supply of anti-biotics. Perhaps 3 test rests over an hour of game time to cure? Don't know. But your idea of tweaking infection and anti-biotic spawn rates sounds right.

Seems to me real fear of infection is what the change is all about, and shouldn't be overly nerfed.

I have no problem with bandits, but REALLY want them to fear infections when they unload their AK into a new spawn. Massive zed agro from gunfire with a good possibility of infection is a pretty good mechanic for balancing survivor/bandit PvP.

In fact, meshing infection with humanity might be tried out.

The infection mechanics are great, it‘s other niggles that make it harder. Detection mechanics are fine, losing aggro without resorting to violence is another story. The fairly extreme rarity of loot in general also makes it very difficult to sustain yourself while searching for antibiotics.

I like the suggestions of being able to belay/prevent/minimize the effects of infection, rather than changing the infection itself or making cures more readily available.

I think you need to have carefull with this topic because like a previous poster said, right now infection its the real reason why zombies are feared if you are going to add means to delay infection ppl will just treat zombies like nothing again. If you are going to do this you need to buff zombie damage at least to the double or zombies will become just a radar to hunt players like before.

I think you need to have carefull with this topic because like a previous poster said, right now infection its the real reason why zombies are feared if you are going to add means to delay infection ppl will just treat zombies like nothing again. If you are going to do this you need to buff zombie damage at least to the double or zombies will become just a radar to hunt players like before.

We have added a chance zeds can knock players unconsciousness again. Re-added the full range of dmg back to the zeds.

We are still finding it hard to see how your being hit tho walls are you sure the zeds are not clipping into the walls this would explain why there hitting you. Simple test run into a bus shelter with an aggro-ed zed they will not hit you.

Outside of this pics will be nice.

3 damage a second is nothing to be sniffed at, even if you have methods that reduce that to 1/sec it‘s gonna be a weight on your back; long slogs without regular food stops would quickly lay you out, even a ten minute run will set you back 1800 blood, and it may take you that long to get to the next town.

R4Z0R, I‘m not having issues with zombies attacking through walls but I have zeds that flat-out refuse to lose interest in me. I‘ve pulled out some of my best tricks and had zombies flat out-refuse to give up even after putting 3 or more los-breaking obstacles between them.

Edited by _Gunslinger_
  • Like 1

Moving tho walls isn't a bug we can fix.

Zeds Agro is fine i'm able to walk up right behind the zed without being attacked many others have also mentioned this.

The topic is about infection move back to the topic or move on.

Thanks

I wasn't aware that the zombies going through walls is something you can not fix, I do apologize then :P The zombie aggro is fine. I like the idea in general, and the infections are starting to get very annoying, but it makes the game way more challenging and I like it ^^

Edited by xeezy

We know we hope to have it fixed by tomorrow. All where asking is try for 3 dayz and give us real feedback on everything not the one line hates we seem to be getting.

All where asking is try for 3 dayz

i think you have been playing dayz to much :)

We have added a chance zeds can knock players unconsciousness again. Re-added the full range of dmg back to the zeds.

We are still finding it hard to see how your being hit tho walls are you sure the zeds are not clipping into the walls this would explain why there hitting you. Simple test run into a bus shelter with an aggro-ed zed they will not hit you.

Outside of this pics will be nice.

I didint complained about this you must be mistaken me with another player bro.

I agree with this. Adding purely mechanical moves with common items to treat infection takes too much edge off. I see the new "infection element" as a valuable addition to the game. I'm still working on using total zed avoidance as my strategy, since I haven't located anti-biotics. But I don't want anti-biotics spawning with the frequency of morphine or heat packs. That basically eliminates fear of infection, just as broken legs or cold aren't serious in most scenarios.

I've heard sleeping in a tent cures infection, and that might work.

Never slept in a tent. Even that sounds a bit easy, since carrying and sleeping in a tent would take less slots than a supply of anti-biotics. Perhaps 3 test rests over an hour of game time to cure? Don't know. But your idea of tweaking infection and anti-biotic spawn rates sounds right.

Seems to me real fear of infection is what the change is all about, and shouldn't be overly nerfed.

I have no problem with bandits, but REALLY want them to fear infections when they unload their AK into a new spawn. Massive zed agro from gunfire with a good possibility of infection is a pretty good mechanic for balancing survivor/bandit PvP.

In fact, meshing infection with humanity might be tried out.

Thats my strategy as well, and so far its working great. You really have to be on your toes. When looting you have to look inside windows, not just go inside to check. You really cant risk going inside and have the zombies swarm you. If you find loot inside you want, you have to loose some zombies first. Best done with fences, or passing through another building. 100% zombie avoidance really is key now, if you spot one when comming round the corner you have split seconds to strafe away from it, and as far as i know, the ones with blood all over their clothes are the worst, they are the ones that will infect you

Edited by veryevil
  • Like 1

I'm enjoying the current infection mechanic, i think it should be left as it is. Giving players an hour to find alcohol sounds far too easy to me(spawn rates depending), unless there were some negative side effects in doing this...? Slowed speed,wobbly aim, coughing etc

Taking the alcohol may stop you from dying, but other effects remain until you fine the cure (antibiotics)

I've already seen a change in players games style since the patch and it certainly for the better.

• Like 1

I didint complained about this you must be mistaken me with another player bro.

it was just a general reply it was not aimed at you. ;-)

First of all, I love the new infection mechanic AND the rarity of antibiotics. I can't wait for the sterilization option either. That sounds awesome. I think that will actually make surviving a challenge again, but right at this moment it's simply broken.

There is only one thing that I think needs tweaked, and that is the zombie behavior. I'm primarily a solo player. I sneak, crawl on my belly, use flares, etc. but the new zombies somehow seem to spot me every time, and on top of that it's impossible to lose them in bushes and trees now once you've been spotted. The only way to lose them is the hill trick (which shouldn't be a trick at all). Even using the hill trick, sometimes they will chase you once they reach the top, and by that time you are over 100m away. Look I'm all for hardened gameplay, but these zombies are ridiculous. If I'm being sneaky, crouch walking from bush to bush, these things should not be able to see me from 100m away. Please consider taking their detection range down a bit, which should fix the problem we're having losing aggro too.

Edited by Lenney
  • Like 1

at some point some of these mechanics that are supposed to be realistic/authentic get rather 'gamey'. that's how I feel about the 'stealth' in this game. it's kinda silly that standing on grass or 'the road' so greatly changes your visibility and the noise you make. I understand there are real life conditions that could make that true, but the way that gets translated into the game tends to make it true every time, and it becomes this very 'black and white' thing

Edited by daze23

My opinion on the infection matter (based on a similar suggestion on another post) is that initial infection chance is relatively low. However, while bleeding/exposed wounds, infection chance if hit by a zombie is increased greatly.

So.. Alcohol cures infections?

Then we all can go to a pub in Electro and have a few pints.

That would for sure make the game less PVP (kill on sight), and much friendlier.