R4Z0R49

Bean King

• DayZ Mod Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1737 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

POPULAR

Infection update.

We are currently working on this as a brand new mechanic. I will try and explain what we are trying to achieve.

As we all know infection is proving to be a hot topic for everyone so we are going to try and change it up a little without changing anything else around the game so loot will remain the same and so will zeds. The only difference is how the infection from being attacked by zeds will work.

So you’re attacked. Once this happens we start a new delayed reaction for the infection to take effect. During this time players can rest or pour alcohol onto the wound to try sterilizing the wound before infection gets time to do anything.

During the delayed reaction time, you will have the very max of 1 hour to reduce the chance of being infected by finding something to serialize yourself with or keeping well fed, hydrated, rested and warm.

This is still WIP and may change i'm just giving you some feedback based on info we have got back from players.
  • Terrorviktor, Powell, eel and 57 others gave their beans
Fuzz-o-vision

The greatest place on the internet (and the home of fun and adventure): Musty Gaming.

--

Please use the search function before posting.

#2 methr1k2dop3

methr1k2dop3

Supreme Bean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Absolutely love this!
:beans:
Cannot wait until this is live!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
I'ma play the shit outta 1.7.7

I am a very happy camper with this!! :D :D

Edited by methr1k2dop3, 15 June 2013 - 09:05 AM.

Posted ImageRide the tiger. You can see his stripes but you know he's clean.

#3 DemonGroover

DemonGroover

Bean King

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6261 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

This sounds very interesting

Posted Image

#4 GOD™

GOD™

Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3460 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Can we drink the alcohol instead?
  • Kingllama, mzltv, RIGHTLY and 10 others gave their beans

#5 *Exile* Sami

*Exile* Sami

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Can we drink the alcohol instead?

I second this, getting wasted sounds much better.
  • Hosty and HybridGorilla gave their beans

I love Everyone

#6 DemonGroover

DemonGroover

Bean King

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6261 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

My old Grandad did used to say drinking Scotch cures all illnesses. He drank like a fish, smoked like a chimney and still lived to 81.
  • Kingllama, RIGHTLY, chakijz and 4 others gave their beans

Posted Image

#7 spiry3_

spiry3_

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCrescentino,Italy

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

Nice mechanic!
Can't wait for it.

24th Marine Expeditionary Unit
SSgt. A. Woods-Fox Company,3rd Platoon,2nd Squad Leader

#8 Darryl Dixon

Darryl Dixon

Crossbow Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4257 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

That's great work, Thanks for the dedication to the mod :)

Don't Throw stones if you have a glass house, and if you have a glass jaw don't run your mouth 

#9 Ameo

Ameo

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sounds very good !
Ameo
FR 808 Admin

b_560_95_1.png

#10 Muncywolverine

Muncywolverine

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, United States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Awesome.

One other thing i'd personally like to see if a way to "fight off" the infection without anti-boidics. Anti-boidics only help your body fight an infection IRL right?

Well, what if it just did 200% of your blood in damage and then the infection is "fought off"? If you keep yourself well fed/rested etc it should go away on its own...

Yes no maybe? >.>
  • Type Set gave their beans

WHITE LIST MEDIC # 56

LIVES SAVED: 20

Steam name: Muncywolverine

#11 Feral

Feral

Anti-Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationTulga

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Awesome.

One other thing i'd personally like to see if a way to "fight off" the infection without anti-boidics. Anti-boidics only help your body fight an infection IRL right?

Well, what if it just did 200% of your blood in damage and then the infection is "fought off"? If you keep yourself well fed/rested etc it should go away on its own...

Yes no maybe? >.>

How about giving heatpacks a use? when a person gets a viral or bacterial infection in real life the first thing medical professionals advise is to rest, keep warm and drink plenty of fluids.

Boiled water and heatpacks combined with a rest at a tent could slow down the blood loss or even stop it temporarily.

Not suggesting that this should cure infections, maybe just slow down the effects a bit buying the player a bit of time to search for meds.

edit - this idea fleshed out http://dayzmod.com/f...ion-management/

Edited by (MUC) Feral, 23 June 2013 - 10:44 AM.

• Nicegamer101 and Type Set gave their beans
Posted Image
<'gooogle translation'>
Do you want joining Dayz Medics Clan? We have bike.

#12 Tehmedic101

Tehmedic101

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

If you could remove this post it would be appreciated.

I pretty much resaid everything in this post in a more detailed way later on.

Edited by Tehmedic101, 15 June 2013 - 08:35 PM.

• Masterfocker gave their beans

#13 GeoffDeath

GeoffDeath

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

What's the eta on this patch.

Yes the zeds are a lot harder now which is great but the infection rate coupled with the change in the infection mechanic ie.once infected your a dead man unless you can find some precious antobiotics is making survival near on impossible unless you hide in the woods.

#14 Dienark7

Dienark7

a.k.a. Se7eN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

This will give them medics something fun to mess with!

Roll out the quick response units with the alcohol :D

DayZ is an alpha, please be patient with the development team during the games life cycle, also be sure to report all bugs and issues to the dev team by clicking on the following link: Click meh.

Mmmmm Musty...                                                

-DayZMod Contributor

#15 Sutinen

Sutinen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2153 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

You should be fixing the zed aggro radius first.. People that run trough everything should be punished, not those who take their time sneaking. Especially if I have wasted my time crawling over roads and crouch-walking on anything else expect grass, it's frustrating when a zombie spots you from 60 meters when you were crouch-running.

And when I say crouch-running on anything else expect grass, I mean that grass is the only surface that is good for sneaking. Especially the eyesight of the zeds should be all the same if you are crouching or standing. The only exception would be when you're prone, because then the grass actually covers you.
And the hearing is even more frustrating, because that's what causing the problems. Grass is the only surface that you can run on. If you run on gravel or concrete, every zombie in 50 meters will somehow hear that.
This pretty much forces me to run trough everything at the moment.
  • taco241, xeezy, Type Set and 2 others gave their beans

http://steamcommunit...561198118454381                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ↑ Click it

hKDlhRJ.jpg 

#16 xeezy

xeezy

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Sounds interesting, I do agree with Sutinen that the zeds should be fixed as they are important in this game; I mean them going through walls. Not that they can leap or something.
  • IceBeam gave their beans

JAKUB

NAMALSK BANDIT | DESIGNATED MARKSMAN | PILOT

CHERNARUS MEDIC | DESIGNATED MARKSMAN

#17 ski2060

ski2060

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Very interesting. I can't wait to try out these new mechanics.
As for the infection lasting forever, I think they're trying to fix it.

Besides, it's a virulent plague that turns people into the walking dead, or near enough. That is a nasty bug!

#18 JP__

JP__

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNothern peripheria...

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

bring alcohol and pubs in electro. then after several pints we can go on streets and behave badly.

Ei se satu...

#19 R4Z0R49

R4Z0R49

Bean King

• DayZ Mod Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1737 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Sounds interesting, I do agree with Sutinen that the zeds should be fixed as they are important in this game; I mean them going through walls. Not that they can leap or something.

Moving tho walls isn't a bug we can fix.

Zeds Agro is fine i'm able to walk up right behind the zed without being attacked many others have also mentioned this.

The topic is about infection move back to the topic or move on.

Thanks
  • DeathWatch Paul gave their beans
Fuzz-o-vision

The greatest place on the internet (and the home of fun and adventure): Musty Gaming.

--

Please use the search function before posting.

#20 Roy0441

Roy0441

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

I dont like this. stealth system is broke. crouched and walking and getting spotted from 100meters. survival for me went from 2 days to about an hour if im lucky to not be infected for that long. and thats from playing a server that gives you a handgun. i dont wanna see how hard it is without a starter pistol. this is madness. Shared the only antibiotic i had to help someone and got my self infected and died... no medical supplies at hosptial. I understand its an apocolapse but theres a fine line between realistic and playing a game. I wanna have fun not freaking out because theres not a drop of hope anymore. keep running out of pistol ammo forcing me to use my primary, and getting killed bc each one i kill is replaced with 3. they removed the fun experience of looting bc now these zombies are spawning in houses and i would be a freshy and not find a gun yet to deal with this threat. dont get me started on trying to kill a viral in the open with a weapon.
  • smokeyassassin, need matches, Lenney and 2 others gave their beans