dumbdude007

Dayz Virtual Reality support.

I think it would be amazing for dayz to support the oculus rift, the omni virtuix (a virtual reality treadmill coming out that is affordable, and weapon tracking of some sort (razer hydra, or similar 6 dof gun controller), This would make everything simulate real life. You would aim and shoot gun just like in real life. Run and jump. It would make for a very immersive game. Not to mention additional press for being one of the first true virtual reality supported games.

• Like 2

I'm sure it is.

I think i saw Arma footage from omni videos on youtube.

:rolleyes:

Yeah. but its not fully supported. I mean full intergration of the omni. With head tracking (which is already supported) and gun/weapon tracking.

And the exercise you'd get! (to help you run from the creditors when you break the fucking bank)

• Like 1

And the exercise you'd get! (to help you run from the creditors when you break the fucking bank)

best reply NA

I'm using TrackIR 5 and it's quite nice for Arma, but OculusVR would really expand that immersion, so I too, am supporting this!

Edited by Omena

I think an ARMA 3 + ORift + VOmni would be viable later down the track, as it would achieve solid 60fps required for the Oculus and afford BI the time to port DayZ to a DX11 engine.

TrackIR here, i hope they manage to being the Rift into the game. They seem to have problems with keeping 60 fps though which is pretty hard to achieve especially when you have multiple low spec hosts/clients and bad scripting that drag down the system.

I remember when Virtual Reality promised to changed gaming as we knew it back in the early 1990s, so I'll watch from the sidelines on this.

Haha its not the 90's anymore. Also the setup would be 400 for omni (higher after retail release), 300 for oculus rift, and 65 for razer hydra or similar controller. so 700-800 dollars. Not to bad considering you wont have to replace devices very often.

I remember when Virtual Reality promised to changed gaming as we knew it back in the early 1990s, so I'll watch from the sidelines on this.

Well they did work..we just didn't have the graphics back then and of course a 3D device would cost you about 1000 years worth of savings.

Even Sony's so called 3D glasses were not really what they promised, you are sat in front of a screen and not "in the action". One attempt which i tried but my monitor couldn't handle because you needed 120Hz and mine only went to 100 Hz afaik was a shutter device which worked well with Counter Strike...pretty neat 3D effects for those days. The thing why they didn't really become that common is the missing interest of potential buyers...who had 10000 USD back in the day when 3D goggles came out? Sony's goggles weren't a breakthrough either...but the price was the only reason.

Edited by Enforcer

well i think this would be awesome especially with this game and arma 3 (especially for military training purposes, militaries would pay big money for it.)

Maybe it would be even possible to add oculus rift, virtuix omni, those gun controllers for shooting AND the razer Hydra for all the other stuff like eating, swinging mellee weapons, etc.

Maybe it would be even possible to add oculus rift, virtuix omni, those gun controllers for shooting AND the razer Hydra for all the other stuff like eating, swinging mellee weapons, etc.

Hello and welcome to the Forum, please make sure you're checking the dates of threads before posting.

It has been confirmed that rocket would love to have full support for Oculus Rift, though not at this early stage. TrackIR is already supported and works like a charm.

Locked.