exomonkeyman

DayZ Standalone (Alpha Release Date June)

DayZ Standalone limited alpha test begins, public alpha on track

DayZ creator Dean “Rocket” Hall has confirmed that a small-scale alpha of DayZ Standalone – the separate version of his popular ARMA II zombie mod – has started, with a public alpha still planned to begin in June.

In a lengthy interview with
, Hall mentioned that the limited alpha test is already underway.

“We gave free keys as a gift to the forum moderators, the Reddit moderators, people who helped out with DayZ development, and stuff like that. I guess there’s about 30-100 people involved with that,” Hall said.

When asked if they testers have started playing yet, Hall said, “They’re already in. They’re already playing it. It’s good… We’re only running one server. We are doing content updates all the time.”

The public alpha is still on track for
, he added.

DayZ Standalone will use a Minecraft-esque payment model: “People pay X amount of dollars and they get early, cheap access to it, and then once it’s beta, price goes up, maybe, say, $10, and once it goes retail, the price goes up $10.”

Standalone has no release date.

Funny how no one is linking to Gamasutra. I also like how there's no quote of him saying June. Let's go see what their source says...

How do you get people into the alpha? Is this a Minecraftscenario?

DH: So what we're doing at the moment is, we gave free keys as a gift to the forum moderators, the Reddit moderators, people who helped out with DayZdevelopment, and stuff like that. I guess there's about 30-100 people involved with that.

From here, once we've finished our server/client architecture -- because we're moving it an MMO model -- we're reviewing the situation of that in June, and then we do an alpha, just like Minecraft. People pay X amount of dollars and they get early, cheap access to it, and then once it's beta, price goes up, maybe, say, $10, and once it goes retail, the price goes up $10.

Soo.... .yup, just another gaming site twisting words to get hits. Please stop spamming that vg247 link nonsense. If rocket and co knew for absolute certainty that the Alpha would be released this month they would tell us via all the normal outlets. We certainly wouldn't need to go to a hype site to get the details and we definitely wouldn't need to click through four pages to get to the root of the info.

• Like 1

Dean said it will be on june, BEFORE the end of the month. he said it will be out at the end of this month so dont say no one said

No one ever said that. Better check your sources.

Rocket has said that alpha launches very likely in two months. I don't remember what interview he said that because there are so many from E3 but I haven't heard anything about June.

Its already been posted, but he said that it could be in two weeks, but before two months.

In multiple E3 interviews he kept saying that the alpha launch was imminent. I get the impression that, barring a massive delay, the Standalone will be released within the next couple weeks.

Edited by Grief.exe
  • Like 1

Its going to be somewhere between tomorrow and 2 months :D

At E3 it was stated by either rocket or lightfoot, if not both, that it would be released maby within weeks, or maby months, thats their words, so stick to that :)

cheers