Sign in to follow this  
liquidcactus

Super Structure/mini campaign

Hey,

My idea I would love to see..

Large Buildings that can only be cleared by no less than a team of 4-6+ players.

I'm thinking large office building(s), industrial blocks, construction site(s) Industrial Mill(s) and Factories

This idea would give some depth to end game. I think it would be wise to make some kind of rare item etc as a reward at the end of the " mini campaign " of clearing one of these " large buildings/areas " maybe a stash of items and water coolers at the top level of an infested office block or a nice big tonka dump truck at the end of a construction site type scenario or chainsaws and petrol at a mill..

But like i said you need a team of reliable friends to help you achieve this making it more of an advanced feature to the game

p.s and lets hope that brightness exploit is fixed for the sa :D

• Like 1

Rocket has said he doesnt want to tell players how to play the game, so making content that can only be completed with others players is telling how you have to play the game.

• Like 1

Rocket has said he doesnt want to tell players how to play the game, so making content that can only be completed with others players is telling how you have to play the game.

are you kidding? so hacking should be permitted, we shouldnt say how scriptkiddies should play the game?

Hey,

My idea I would love to see..

Large Buildings that can only be cleared by no less than a team of 4-6+ players.

I'm thinking large office building(s), industrial blocks, construction site(s) Industrial Mill(s) and Factories

This idea would give some depth to end game. I think it would be wise to make some kind of rare item etc as a reward at the end of the " mini campaign " of clearing one of these " large buildings/areas " maybe a stash of items and water coolers at the top level of an infested office block or a nice big tonka dump truck at the end of a construction site type scenario or chainsaws and petrol at a mill..

But like i said you need a team of reliable friends to help you achieve this making it more of an advanced feature to the game

p.s and lets hope that brightness exploit is fixed for the sa :D

good idea...as everything and as a natural given thing almost everything is easier when being more than just one person.

Having certain areas so crouded with zombies that going in allone would be impossible seems like a nice idea. It doesn't force players in any way because you could get creative and do it allone. It would stimulate teaming up and that is something I would like to see.

are you kidding? so hacking should be permitted, we shouldnt say how scriptkiddies should play the game?

That is a very wrong comparison

I don't think he means it would be forced, just very, very difficult to do alone.

No sir not really, like clumzy said.. i just mean areas are very hard to access without having any backup from other players...I don't see how this is forcing anyone to do anything, more so adding variety to dayz situations..

lets say you could attempt to raid an infested office block all by yourself, sure its a really bad idea but if you have alot of ammo and explosives with a madman mindset perhaps its not a bad idea to go inalone... to a MADMAN :D or you could get a few pals together and send the one in with the biggest shotgun first :D

Great Idea!!,. Was also thinking that once you have progressed to a certain point in the game i.e Gotten gear, killed some Zeds then what? Profit? No there needs to be some further player environment interaction. Once you have your gear semi sorted its either killing Zeds or other players which can get old rather quickly.

I think it would be wise to make some kind of rare item etc as a reward at the end

why reward ? sounds silly to me, reward for clearing a place ? what next.... reward for days alive and rank up

why reward ? sounds silly to me, reward for clearing a place ? what next.... reward for days alive and rank up

Why not? I would have a battle ship for the amount of time i've been alive and the DM kiddies that stay in Cherno and Elektro and die every 5 seconds because of beeing there would get an ass whooping from me.

Great Idea!!,. Was also thinking that once you have progressed to a certain point in the game i.e Gotten gear, killed some Zeds then what? Profit? No there needs to be some further player environment interaction. Once you have your gear semi sorted its either killing Zeds or other players which can get old rather quickly.

Help other survivors for once instead of hunting them on the beaches and at loot hotspots...

Edited by Enforcer

I like the idea of more densely zed-filled areas, and the challenge it would add, I just can't help but feel that rewards of uber-lootz would only serve to make already strong clans even stronger.

If the danger-zones were important installations, such as a large fueling station or maybe some kind of radio relay, they would be sought after, but stuck in a permanent, non-securable location. (eventually they would be swarmed again)

I remember i did forget to put in my original post that the end of the "rare item" idea, I did mean to include it shouldnt be anything over powered in any sence..just a little something to entice, sometimes their maybe nothing to be gained from these excursions? I can understand you guys nay saying about this part of the original idea but you must understand I'm a dayz'er through and through and i completely understand what you say about stuffs being op and abused by clans but understand its about adding variety an giving people a goal and giving the game more substance, the rare item idea is something to make the game more intriguing with out changing anything dramatically. Maybe more so think of it as you need an important part for a project you are working on so your team investigates a likely area related to the item needed. Once again subtle prizes people, the building fire hydrant for water maybe a piece of electronic equipment that can be used in conjunction with other components or something obscure that could be used for something later, WHATEVER..or once again just more tins of dog food from a past survivor occupying.. no mortar shells,flamethrowers or golden bazookas i swear..

I dont see any reason how it couldnt work to be honest, regions of interest the premises holding such items we speak of could only be located in 1 of 8 buildings..

Like i said.. me, like you guys, i know how you roll and I agree with subtle additions and nothing to crazy..

pce

Help other survivors for once instead of hunting them on the beaches and at loot hotspots...

Hence the (great) idea of cooperating with others to clear an area full of Zeds :rolleyes:

you dont make much sense do ya pal.. WE NEEED MORE VARIETY WAKE UP

I would LOVE to see giant buildings, in particular, a large Hospital. If anyone has ever seen or been inside an abandoned hospital you will know how incredibly creepy this is. I think it could work really well in DayZ, if you can properly explore the inside of the buildings.

Also, I like the Industrial buildings in Cherno but they are not massive enough and you cant get inside much of it. If the insides were fleshed out and certain buildings expanded it would add greatly to realism.

I don't think this should be anything like a set mini-game, I just think that different places should have appropriate loot.

• Beans 1

I would LOVE to see giant buildings, in particular, a large Hospital. If anyone has ever seen or been inside an abandoned hospital you will know how incredibly creepy this is. I think it could work really well in DayZ, if you can properly explore the inside of the buildings.

Also, I like the Industrial buildings in Cherno but they are not massive enough and you cant get inside much of it. If the insides were fleshed out and certain buildings expanded it would add greatly to realism.

I don't think this should be anything like a set mini-game, I just think that different places should have appropriate loot.

This is what I would like the most,like looking in a kitchen for drink,food ect.Not just finding it randomly somewhere and apparently there might be a big prison :o

Yes thank you for understanding what I'm trying to get across... being able to search really big buildings with all different types of rooms etc would be fucking awesome & would add so much more excitement to the game...

Giant factory buildings might have a machine room where you can gather things like tools or obscure engine components ...I think people really misunderstand when i say " mini campaign " I just mean these giant buildings need a team of players to earn what interesting items might be inside... trust me i dont mean GIANT LVL 1000 BAZOOKA TOP OF RANDOM SKYSCRAP

And for those who assume this would ensure clans would control that map with the best items well that is bullshit. Currently there is nothing from stopping clans from doing this to the high interest areas in the game as it is.. Ive played over 400 hrs of dayz and have never come across an organised clan on AUS serevrs.. I'm sure they exist (or they think they are organised ;)).. just small groups of ppl thats it

Well now the standalone is here lets revive this topic..

Its nice the hospitals are bigger now but there is still some floors of the building you cant enter which really sux (constructive criticism)..and same with alot of other buildings.. I'm curious to know if they plan to make the hospital levels enter able or not.. I'm guessing not :( 

ALSO some of those HUGE industrial buildings that cannot be accessed at all is a super shame ! hope one day they will be.. In my opinion those giant industrial buildings should play an awesome part in the game.. making the industrial area(s) alot more creepier to pass through.. those big buildings with rooms and huge windows could have anyone or anything lurking inside them watching as you creep down that alley at night...

Industrial districts should have a more notorious reputation hence the vibe they already distribute when you are in one by yourself at night. Having those huge buildings with access would bring alot to the "industrial zones" in my opinion. Any murderous hermit could be lurking inside stalking you with its night vision goggles and machete 

bumpity bump

wow i didnt realize this is in dayz mod suggestions because i made it before the mod was released !

feel free to shift to sa suggestions :D

Edited by liquidcactus