I am currently trying to setup DayZ for a friend via teamview. for the past 2 days we have come across problem after problem and i cant take it anymore! please someone help

He has purchased combined operations ON DISK. So it is not run through steam.

I haave installeed both operation arrow and arma 2, updated to the latest combined operations patch, updated Dayzcommander.

we came across an error code: Addon 'Dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_dubbing_counterattack'

i fixed this error code by pasting the addon folder from arma 2 to OA. im not sure if it was the correct folder as in the tutorial i watched the addons folder was 1.5gig and the addons folder in my arma 2 folder is 8gig.

Once i pasted the folder in OA i ran dayz through commander and was met with yet another error.

ERROR: Addon CA_communityconfigurationProject_E Requires Addon. CA_AIR_E_MQ9PredatorB.

Please help i am completely lost and after 24 hours of constant fiddling i cannot take it anymore.

Arma 2 runs fine on multiplayer so i dont see why dayz wouldnt work. PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Also if any admin or someone is willing, perhaps u could teamview with my friend to find problem?

Edited by elementalgooch

I'd check both ArmA 2 and OA are updated to the correct versions, you can see them on the main menu screen.

ArmA 2 - 1.11

OA - 1.62

Make sure you have run both games once to complete installation.

Make sure the directory paths in DayZCommander settings are correct.

I don't believe so.

I dont know much about computers but im assuming in the Arma 2 OA directory is should be directed to OA folder not Arma folder. Correct?

Yeh mine look like this but you will need to change it to wherever it's installed for you.

ArmA 2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2

ArmA 2 OA C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

DayZ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ

Edited by SmashT

Heh heh, dude, the error codes don't mean anything!

Well, actually, they do, kind of... I plugged the text of one DayZ error message into Google and it gave me a fantastic recipe for chili con carne... really, it was delicious!

Did everything you said. but when he launches Dayz through dayz commander operation arrowhead appears and it just loads the operation arrowhead main menu.

i to am stuck with this i dont have the steam version as of yet but a sollution to this that does not include dayz commander would be pretty cool ,because with the retail version that alot of people still run DC does not see the files ,is there anyone with an answer to this or no? and yes i have directed it to where my installs are but for some reason DC is blind to them 

Edited by joe1972

oh boy yay steam lol ...well i also have a 36 x 36 shop that i have setup for lan parties mostly for the boys and girls club here. i am trying to get a lan server up and running for dayz i have so far collected 8 retail copies of arma2 and 6 OA , for this project none of the pcs will be allowed on line , atm diablo and cod 4 ,and world at war are running pretty smooth and the kids are happy for hours , one of the older ones asked me about dayz ,i have never realy looked at Arma ever until this month and man i AM now very into it and Dayz has everything i ever wanted in one game lol, so now if i can complete this project i think it will be a blast  .i myself will be buying all steam versions but for the shop project i need to be able to use retail versions i need to get it on 13 pcs all together 1 0f witch will be server of course . so any and all information i can get would be very helpful ....

Edited by joe1972

you would need to have 13 copies of the game then, sorry but you cant just run from one,

steam games can run offline, so you dont need retail copies 

yeaah i know i need 13 i finaly got it going for the most part without having to go through steam i found the remaining copies i needed online amazon and a few other places lol.as i am a purest  the server is an 8 core 4.3 with 16gig of quad channel ram , after googling for hours upon hours i finaly found some answers to alot of issues since im not using steam out in the shop , the kids will have a hell of a saturday for about 6 hours i think the server as long as i dont shut it down should save all of the loot finds and stuff im not quite sure on that side but its working.. so far so good ,,,, thanks for the help and all the hard work and long nights ..believe me i  my self built mods and game levels i know the what you guys go through and i for one in a billion people thank you .. 

As long as it's connected to a MySQL database (hive mind) things will save