Sign in to follow this  
jacobahalls

Spawns On The East

How about spawning on the East coast instead of the South?

This is something that has bugged me for a very long time.

The South coast has the two biggest cities in Chernarus, it has an airstrip, the only docks in the map, etc. It's also the only real urban environment in the map, which gives it a very unique playstyle for PvP. This, to me, seems more like end-game content, the sort of place where the high-end teams are going in to try and fight for supplies in the most supply-rich area in the map.

Instead, it's used to let bambis kit up with military-grade weapons (firestations), all the food and water they need, as well as backpacks and map/watch/compass (convenience stores), and then throwing some medical equipment on top (hospital). Then if they feel like sticking around, both cities have apartment complexes and rail stations that occasionally spawn all the clothing they could want.

Personally, I feel like we should be moved to the East coast, between Solnichniy and Berezino. There is still just as much, if not more, civilian loot. But it's more spread out across essentially a collection of villages close together as opposed to a city like Cherno. The closest military-grade spawn locations then would be either the NE AF, several km's hike through a forest region, or another several km walk along the road to Elektro.

This alone would decrease the amount of suicide raids rushing into firestations to try and grab loot.

This would now move Electro and Cherno into being late-game supply areas in which you have to be aware of players even more because it actually adds a survival aspect to the big cities.

It would also balance the risk-reward of raiding Electro and Cherno, since like I said - VERY high level of loot, no risk. As of right now if you die while you're there, you respawn 500m away.

I have never really thought about this and how it would change the dynamic of the map as we know of it today. I would love to have the survival risk of entering Cherno later on in my characters life. If I could go back and tell Rocket where to put the spawns I would and I believe Cherno would be a more sacred city.

This would change DayZ as we know it forever!

Set up a server and change spawn points. GO GOG GOGOGOGO

Set up a server and change spawn points. GO GOG GOGOGOGO

If you want to pay for the server then i will. Until then i just want to see how people think of the idea.

you can spawn in sol but it's rare. also spawning in berezino would just bring it back to being cherno and elektro now. i think a better answer would be to only fine enfields so some bandit can't stay cherno with an ak 74/ m or a cz hopping from the fire house to the medical tents grabbing there ammo and killing mr. makarov.

if that was gone then they would need to go up north if anyone wants a killing weapon.

No, its not that Berinzino would become Electro it is that Cherno is a huge city and it would be nice to have survival aspects and urban PvP to it.

Then you would HAVE scavange for items after you spawn instead or just going to CHerno or electro which you spawn right next to you. Because as of right now im not scared to die in Cherno like i should be.

• Like 1

There has been a few times where I have had shoot outs at the NEAF. A number of times both parties died. Every time this has happened, the other player kept killing them selves till they got the Sol spawn point. Talk about some BS. Server admin ended up banning him (private hive) as that was a cheap way of guaranteeing getting to your stuff before the other guy did.

Is there not a random Novy spawn asell now where you end up inside a residential and have to crawl out?

Is there not a random Novy spawn asell now where you end up inside a residential and have to crawl out?

Yeah there is. In all my time playing DayZ, I've only got a Novy spawn once though.

Yeah there is. In all my time playing DayZ, I've only got a Novy spawn once though.

Same lol

In my opinion, players should also spawn somewhere in the woods on the west, not always ending up on the coast but somewhere more inland

Middle of the western most woods would be the best place to put spawns I think. Since you would be pretty far from anything; they would have to be pretty far south of NWAF as well. But this would force you to work harder for survival

Middle of the western most woods would be the best place to put spawns I think. Since you would be pretty far from anything; they would have to be pretty far south of NWAF as well. But this would force you to work harder for survival

This makes no sense for multiple reasons.

1) NWAF is just to your Left and Zelen is just next to you.

2) You need gear to spawn by, the east coast has gear but is spread out into towns where nobody goes at the moment.

3) This would be way harder for beginner players. People often forget about the new players when they think of new ideas. The east would be a balance for both experienced and beginners.

I could state more but these are most important. I believe spawning on the east would meet right in the middle when compared to spawning in the west or south. The south has EVERYTHING and the west has close to nothing. The east would challenge players to scavenge but at the same it would be possible to find gear. Also Cherno would be like the NWAF and Stary, by the means it would be a more endgame place because you would have exceptional gear plus it would be actually a risk to enter, unlike its present state.

Edited by Jacobahalls
  • Like 1

This makes no sense for multiple reasons.

1) NWAF is just to your Left and Zelen is just next to you.

2) You need gear to spawn by, the east coast has gear but is spread out into towns where nobody goes at the moment.

3) This would be way harder for beginner players. People often forget about the new players when they think of new ideas. This east would be a balance for both experienced and beginners.

I could state more but these are most important. I believe spawning on the east would meet right in the middle when compared to spawning in the west or south. The south has EVERYTHING and the west has close to nothing. The east would challenge players to scavenge but at the same it would be possible to find gear. Also Cherno would be like the NWAF and Stary, by the means it would be a more endgame place because you would have exceptional gear plus it would be actually a risk to enter, unlike its present state.

It makes perfect sense, sure the east would be ok (hell if that happened I'd be fine) but I want a real challenge when I first spawn. Also it wouldn't be good to implement new spawns in the mod since people would go to popular places anyway. However, once SA is out with every building enter able and more military bases there will be more distribution of players making the west side challenging yet do-able. That is more what I meant. Edited by Schmeddy

Yeah I had that spawn after a bandit gloated about killing me. I came for him in a chopper 10 mins later and killed him.

Best.Day.Ever!

I love this idea! I'd love for everyone to spawn around there, rather than the south coast. It would, like you said, change the way both new and experienced players behave. Also, if the new ship is being placed near Kamenka, this could also add to it. At the moment, Kamenka is a place nobody wants to spawn, or go near. But if the ship is there, and if the big ship has good loot, then Kamenka is pretty far away from the East coast, so could bring some use for it!

Love the idea.

Ever thought of the sense of spawning in the South?

People living i the big cities (or stranded ones) start to pull around over the landscapes to survive after the apocalipse broke out.

The survivor density clearly is the highest in the cities, and that's how it should be, regarding common sense.

The area with the two biggest cities is the South. Sorry man...

Ever thought of the sense of spawning in the South?

People living i the big cities (or stranded ones) start to pull around over the landscapes to survive after the apocalipse broke out.

The survivor density clearly is the highest in the cities, and that's how it should be, regarding common sense.

Ok, so if you going to pull common sense in the equation then shouldn't we be able to spawn all over the map. The reason why I say this is because I will never live in a city and I will always try to live in a rural area. So shouldn't I be able to spawn up north? So if we are going by "common sense" there should be a percentage to be able to spawn way up north. So sorry man.... Your argument is half way invalid.

Another reason for spawning on the east coast is so every part of the map would used and not just hot zones. Most if not all of the cities would be used to scavenge because why not stop at a town/village that is right next to you and the closest to find food and water.

Edited by Jacobahalls

*snip*

Actually, common sense says psychotic-cannibal density is highest in the cities, so your chances of survival would be significantly lower there.

EDIT:

It shouldn't be a question of spawning in either the south OR the east. The entire coast should be spawnable area.

The beachlander intro leaves the scenario open to your imagination and having the whole seaside area to start in (potentially) would increase the options open to you without raising too many questions about how you got there.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 2

How about spawning on the East coast instead of the South?

This is something that has bugged me for a very long time.

The South coast has the two biggest cities in Chernarus, it has an airstrip, the only docks in the map, etc. It's also the only real urban environment in the map, which gives it a very unique playstyle for PvP. This, to me, seems more like end-game content, the sort of place where the high-end teams are going in to try and fight for supplies in the most supply-rich area in the map.

Instead, it's used to let bambis kit up with military-grade weapons (firestations), all the food and water they need, as well as backpacks and map/watch/compass (convenience stores), and then throwing some medical equipment on top (hospital). Then if they feel like sticking around, both cities have apartment complexes and rail stations that occasionally spawn all the clothing they could want.

Personally, I feel like we should be moved to the East coast, between Solnichniy and Berezino. There is still just as much, if not more, civilian loot. But it's more spread out across essentially a collection of villages close together as opposed to a city like Cherno. The closest military-grade spawn locations then would be either the NE AF, several km's hike through a forest region, or another several km walk along the road to Elektro.

This alone would decrease the amount of suicide raids rushing into firestations to try and grab loot.

This would now move Electro and Cherno into being late-game supply areas in which you have to be aware of players even more because it actually adds a survival aspect to the big cities.

It would also balance the risk-reward of raiding Electro and Cherno, since like I said - VERY high level of loot, no risk. As of right now if you die while you're there, you respawn 500m away.

I have never really thought about this and how it would change the dynamic of the map as we know of it today. I would love to have the survival risk of entering Cherno later on in my characters life. If I could go back and tell Rocket where to put the spawns I would and I believe Cherno would be a more sacred city.

This would change DayZ as we know it forever!

There's a military camp in Berenzino as well. Three Valleys is really close to the area you're talking about, so... there are spawns in the east. Edited by DrGonzo

You should be able to spawn anywhere on the coast. From Kamenka to the farthest part of the NE. Some place should be crappy spawns, but you washed up on a beach so good luck!

you should spawn at the middle of the woods or in the shore, with a half rotten zombie trying to kill you, so you would run from him, without weapon, fighting for your life.

i hate this Spawn>loot>KoS idea that most people have of the game. It could me much, much more than that.

servers i play on i have spawned on the east coast and even right in the middle of cities.

once i spawned in a city way North.

The dev team has said somewhere that they might make spawns dynamic. Meaning you'd spawn just randomly around the map in crashed cars or houses or in fields, etc.

Edited by mullraugh