fubar_in_pittsburgh

the instruction at 0x00000000 the memory could not be written?

I was playing DayZ all day with no problem. Then i updated Adobe Flash and now whenever i try to play i get this message.

Error: The instruction at '0x00000000' referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written.

I just uninstalled Arma 2 CO and am re-downloading it, is that going to fix it? Did a system restore, no change. Anyone else run into this?

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

Yes, 103419

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

DayZ Commander, tried via Steam too, same thing

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

so0N4Ym.jpg

*Your PC specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K

8 GB 1600MHz RAM

nVIDIA GTX 660Ti

225 & 120 GB SSDs, 3 TB HDD

*Your Operating System:

Windows 7 Enterprise

This occurs whenever I try to connect to ANY server. I uninstalled and reinstalled Combined Ops then when I came back a while later to try and play, the same thing happened. Also, as per a suggestion in another thread, I tried uninstalling Flash and restarting my computer, and the same thing happened when I tried again.

I'd like to avoid having to reinstall Windows if I can, and I'm not even sure that will fix the issue. There's another thread on this issue in this forum posted today, so I'm going to go out on a limb and somewhat assume this isn't a hardware issue -- especially since other games like BF3 work just fine.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hello there

Many other posts on this seem to point to malware.

Has anyone tried installing malawarebytes?

rgds

LoK

Try remove beclient.DLL from arma 2 os then redownload from battleeye.com

I tried both scanning with Malwarebytes (it did find one thing and removed it) and deleting the beclient.dll and letting Steam validate the files. Neither worked, I still get the same error.

Hello Kosugi.

Any chance you can put the crash reports into your replies? They'd pretty much point to the stack trace that contains whatever .dll file is crashing your client. Here's where they're located:

The arma2.rpt, arma2.bidmp and arma2.mdmp files are located in your -profiles root directory, or if used without this parameter then it can be found in these default locations:

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA

Edited by apollochaos

Hello Kosugi.

Any chance you can put the crash reports into your replies? They'd pretty much point to the stack trace that contains whatever .dll file is crashing your client. Here's where they're located:

The arma2.rpt, arma2.bidmp and arma2.mdmp files are located in your -profiles root directory, or if used without this parameter then it can be found in these default locations:

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA

splendid idea. I forgot all about the rpt.

Try to use the spoiler tag when you post though, they can be pretty vast.

L

Having the same problem.

The error started to appear after beclient updated to version 1.193

Then i removed the beclient.dll from arma2oa\expansion\battleye\ and put the one i download from battleye.com and the error is gone.

Now beclient updated again to 1.194 and the previous fix dont work.

Sorry my english, I am brazilian

Edited by eduvm

Hey Kosugi, thanks for the reply dude. I took a look at the log files on dropbox. There are no out of date scripts loaded at all. These are the most common cause of the errors, when a patch is deployed and something doesn't update like it should. Aside from this, the best thing you can do is to some driver updates or fish the sites below for Beta ones.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

This is if it's an AMD/ Radeon

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx

This is if it's an nVidia one

Whichever is relevant to your system in any case.

As for file consistency, do a quick defrag of the HDD, use Steam to check for file consistency aswell:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Good luck with it man.

• Like 1

Hey Kosugi, thanks for the reply dude. I took a look at the log files on dropbox. There are no out of date scripts loaded at all. These are the most common cause of the errors, when a patch is deployed and something doesn't update like it should. Aside from this, the best thing you can do is to some driver updates or fish the sites below for Beta ones.

http://support.amd.c...uto_detect.aspx

This is if it's an AMD/ Radeon

http://www.nvidia.co...nload/Scan.aspx

This is if it's an nVidia one

Whichever is relevant to your system in any case.

As for file consistency, do a quick defrag of the HDD, use Steam to check for file consistency aswell:

https://support.stea...=2037-QEUH-3335

Good luck with it man.

Thank you.

It's an SSD so no defrag. I will try your other suggestions, if that doesn't work I'll be doing a format I suppose...

Alrighty buddy. Let us know how it goes just for future reference if any others are getting the same issue. Thanks man.

Just installed the newest nVIDIA beta drivers -- no dice.

I guess I'll be doing a reformat sometime today. Strange, I don't know why the game would just all of a sudden do this. I literally had changed nothing about my system. It was just working for a while in the morning yesterday, then mid-afternoon when I went to play again, it just gave me that error.

My system is fairly new too, built in September of 2012, so hardware failure is possible but unlikely (especially considering other games work flawlessly). I wish I knew what was causing this.

Edited by Kosugi

It is odd. Has windows updated itself recently?

Windows Updates were last installed 4/26.

Yeeeha, same here guys. No changes made on my PC, only a Java Update. Meeh...

im having the same problem as well and it was today so surely its not our pcs that are making this problem happen, if so its a coincidence that a lot of us have this problem, if anyone can help fix this PLEASE tell us i dont know how and i NEED to know bambi in destress

OK i fixed it, :) its easy i went on control panel/ uninstall programs/ i uninstalled the following things yontoo <---- malware / game tracker<----- interference and then and unfortunately you have to uninstall adobe flash player THE WHOLE THING and that's if you are desprate to play, this will make the game work immediatly, no restarts just click dayz!!!! if you dont have any of these programs to get rid of im currently finding out for you dw guys im on the case

This often happens when your memory sticks die.

Do you think that our Rams are broken at the same time?! LOL Dude...