Sign in to follow this  
TSN1P3R

Direct Chat Not Working

I have been having an issue with direct chat on every server i've joined. I have the latest version of Arma 2 and the DayZ files, and i only play on servers that MATCH my files. When i type, it seems that people can see my chat (confirmed many times) but i CANT see their chat whatsoever. i am able to receive side chat on FEW servers.

Q: Are you next to the person?

A: Yes.

Q: Are you sure you're in direct chat channel?

A: Yes, i am in the white direct chat.

Q: have you tried to reinstall?

A: Yes. i did. everything, and still have this issue.

Q: is your mix plugged in?

A: My TEXT communication is failing and i'm not able to receive any direct communication.

Q: have you checked other posts?

A: Many but there are no solutions for my situation as of now.

PLEASE HELP. THIS DESTROYS THE GAME.

i have exactly the same problem and its beginning te get real anoying

I FIGURED OUT A FIX AND IT WORKS!! :D :D :D

OK. Type in "Sound" on your Windows search bar. Open it. Under the tab "Playback" you'll see your speakers, headphones if you have 'em, etc.. If you do not see some, right click on the open white space click the two checkmarks for Showing. Ok now. If you're like me, you probably use headphones rather than speaker. Set either Speakers or Headphones as default. Depends which one you use. I used headphones so I set that as default. Um... im not sure if this does anything but go ahead and set the alternate one as default communication device. I don't think it does anything but :P.

Now, the second part is this. Go to the tab "Recording". You'll see Microphone, Line In, Stereo Mix, etc. If you don't see them, right click in white space and click the "Showing" check marks. Now. Set Stereo Mix as the Default device. I don't have a microphone, so I am unsure what this will do to that. I think both can work at same time withuot any problem. You may have to change the sound levels in the stereo mix, but whatever.

ANYWAY, I did all this. I restarted ArmA II, expecting the worst. But then, I got near some enemies and... I heard their voices! And then I told them something in direct (prior I wasn't able to see their text or von but I could see my text). Then. Behold. I saw a direct chat message from someone.

Your welcome. Have a nice day!! :D :D :D

EDIT: Needed to change some things.

Edited by Ludichris1

I FIGURED OUT A FIX AND IT WORKS!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

OK. Type in "Sound" on your Windows search bar. Open it. Under the tab "Playback" you'll see your speakers, headphones if you have 'em, etc.. If you do not see some, right click on the open white space click the two checkmarks for Showing. Ok now. If you're like me, you probably use headphones rather than speaker. Set either Speakers or Headphones as default. Depends which one you use. I used headphones so I set that as default. Um... im not sure if this does anything but go ahead and set the alternate one as default communication device. I don't think it does anything but tongue.png.

Now, the second part is this. Go to the tab "Recording". You'll see Microphone, Line In, Stereo Mix, etc. If you don't see them, right click in white space and click the "Showing" check marks. Now. Set Stereo Mix as the Default device. I don't have a microphone, so I am unsure what this will do to that. I think both can work at same time withuot any problem. You may have to change the sound levels in the stereo mix, but whatever.

ANYWAY, I did all this. I restarted ArmA II, expecting the worst. But then, I got near some enemies and... I heard their voices! And then I told them something in direct (prior I wasn't able to see their text or von but I could see my text). Then. Behold. I saw a direct chat message from someone.

Your welcome. Have a nice day!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

EDIT: Needed to change some things.

All of this helped me up to the set stereo mix as default, clicked in in all the boxes after right clicking, but it still didnt show up??? any suggestions?