mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer blog 26th April, Video from PAX and our latest "building"

Of course you run across people often enough in a mod where almost all buildings are non-enterable... players have no other option except wander in the open in-between cities, where you have greater chance of being spotted and also spot someone else.

With the buildings fully enterable, one could assume that of 100 players, half would be scavenging inside the buildings (and would not get in contact with you), while the other half would be on the move.

Which means that on the worst scenario, with 100 players in a map with enterable buildings, you will have the same or less amount of encounters than what you have now in the regular Chernarus.

I think that will be impossible to tell until the game is in fact launched, i think there will still be hotspots and areas people will fight over, that wont change, so i don't think that it will feel that much bigger. At least not enough to warrant twice as many people on a map. 50 people is enough to know there is still a very real threat from other people but not enough to make you worry more about other players than zombies. Providing that the zombies are actually threatening.

Maybe they should make it an option, but i don't think ti should be a standard. I personally would love the feel of being on a server and not seeing anyone all day but knowing another 59 people are lurking around. Just adds to the suspense we all know and love this game can give.

Edited by triggy89

Hopefully no modding/private hives ever. The mod was at its best by far when there was no modding and before rampant hacking. Leave it up to the majority and you can count on the unique, harsh and unforgiving experience getting ruined. Unlike the mod, we can expect plenty of new content later on with SA, like official new maps. I don't think modding is necessary, even in the long term.

I don't think that we will get that much new stuff after the final release..probably one new map (addon) beside bugfixes of course .I know from my own experience that a good modding scene can keep a game and forums interesting for years. Just take a look at the Arma, Stalker or Bethsoft forums...

• Like 1

Wonder if there will be any special events during holidays or such would be pretty cool.

DayZ has always been community driven where the... meta if you will changes on its own.

Outside of that i suppose things like random events where an airliner or something similar has crashed down and everybody would be coming to investigate, but hopefully not boss fight style of events.

Don’t get me wrong I get that and yes I need to play to appreciate the parts of the game that are just checking places out and making sure you go about as safe as you can. Do you think you’ll get roving large squads more or less owning an area or Map at a time? I’m not against that in fact hiding from such a squad would make my game :)

At the Adrenalin Site during the Peak of the Mods popularity we had upwards of 25 Players on per night, Saturday Nights we had Missions. Someone would decide the Mission for the Night and split us into Squads, usually around 15 players all up. One Saturday Nights mission was to take over and control Electro for as long as we could, we lost but damn did we have some fun. Snipers are very good at their Job :(

This game needs to be out b4 GTA or after sooo

I can confirm it will be released before GTA or after.

Why is thread still open? We have a new devblog so I'll lock this one.

Locked.

Edited by Fraggle