mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer blog 26th April, Video from PAX and our latest "building"

Hello Matt Lightfoot, thank you for the update. In a previous thread you commented that there will be no vehicles in the game at release because the client/server architecture takes precedence. Has there been any progress on that note?

In addition, I have another important question. Several months ago I read that Bohemia Interactive would not be hosting dedicated servers for the standalone and that, instead, BI would be renting servers out to clans or anyone else who wants one. I believe that model contradicts the "MMO client/server" architecture. Would you comment on this?

I raise this question because ArmA 3 has demonstrated a lack of security at Bohemia Interactive and allowing the server software to be used by third parties is the worst possible move in the interest of security and integrity of fair game play.

Progress is still good, can you cite your source on "BI would be renting servers out to clans or anyone else who wants one", as that is not the plan nor has it been, individuals, groups and other companies can do it better and cheaper than us.

You don't seem to understand what the client/server architecture is. It's the technology (code) behind the server and client(your game) interaction. Nothing to do with sales really.

The reason we are going back to redesign our client server architecture is because we see hacking as primary concern that we need to fix as a priority, a side effect of this is likely to be that it will make the game much less mod-able, especially in the short term.

• Like 13

And now we wait, wait for a few more months and hope to see a release

• Like 1

You don't seem to understand what the client/server architecture is. It's the technology (code) behind the server and client(your game) interaction. Nothing to do with sales really.

I understand it well enough to program it from scratch. You seem to have misinterpreted my post, and the following is a complete contradiction. I honestly can not make out what you're trying to say.

that is not the plan
groups and other companies can do it better and cheaper than us
Edited by gummy52

Just leave it in the assets, hackers will find a nice home for it. Oh the the girl in green is seriously HOT :)

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

This is so sick, i'm going to be so happy when this comes out! Cant wait guys, keep up the awesome work.

Name it "The Skadovsk" and you will have tenfold the love and support you already receive

I was scrolling to see if anyone else wanted to call it Скадовск / Skadovsk :P would it be too much to ask for a train station named Yanov?

• Like 1

This is what happens when you stay up till 4am to finish the dev blog :) sorry

HUH, you put up 1 paragraph and 4 Photos and a Link to some guys Video from Pax which most had already seen. Wait till the Boss gets back

• Like 5

^YZ250 has a point, but its nice to see development is moving! Awesome Matt thanks!

Keep up the awesome work devs Kudos! :beans: :beans: :beans:

Something that bothers me about the PAX footage is the new inventory system kind of negates the searching for loot. Why would you look under the bed if you can just hit G and see the "hidden" stuff in the 'ground' section of the inventory screen? Or do you have to highlight it with your cursor before it shows up?

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 12

Something that bothers me about the PAX footage is the new inventory system kind of negates the searching for loot. Why would you look under the bed if you can just hit G and see the "hidden" stuff in the 'ground' section of the inventory screen? Or do you have to highlight it with your cursor before it shows up?

That is the most valid point I have ever read in the last 2 weeks....You should create a thread about this

And if you don't I will and reference you in it.

I am sure its a early alpha bug type thing.

AWww noo, I see inverted face normals on the railing to the right of screen, roughly hip height. Regardless, this is looking fantastic :)

Edited by cgSprite

AWww noo, I see inverted face normals on the railing to the right of screen, roughly hip height. Regardless, this is looking fantastic :)

What?

Looks great!

Very nicely designed, looks realistic!

We are all waiting for it guys!

Keep up the great work you are doing there!

Regards VenatoS

That shipwreck looks fucking jokes!

Looks cool, there should be crates in and around the ship with various supplies and the odd weapon or two

Wrecked ship could be placed somewhere between Berezino and Solnichny....

Thank you very much for a great update.

Keep up the good work!

Let's just say that looks insanely cool and doesn't help at all to ease the wait. I'm very happy to see the progress you guys are making. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Let's just say that looks insanely cool and doesn't help at all to ease the wait. I'm very happy to see the progress you guys are making. Keep up the good work!

In all fair and honesty all those dev updates are just adding to the anxiety we all have when waiting for the DayZ SA.

Thank god for ARMA 3 Alpha...

Edited by Va3V1ctis

Great update Matt, you should send Rocket out climbing mountains more often. ;)

^YZ250 has a point, but its nice to see development is moving! Awesome Matt thanks!

Keep up the awesome work devs Kudos! :beans: :beans: :beans:

At least we know they've been working on one boat.
  • Like 2