mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer blog 26th April, Video from PAX and our latest "building"

Put it off shore, but not too far.

FIRST

It should be a short swim, with some easy way of going from driven-boat to wrecked-boat?

Edited by Applejaxc
  • Like 11

Ah well, back to breaking point for now.

This waiting in killing me slowly.

Seems like a sick place to set up a base. Get some helis on their and you're set

by the way the tumbler link is wrong

Edited by Sozinho

Awesome, guys :thumbsup: ! As for a location, I feel like there's only a couple places it would really work. One option would be to put it near the crane docks in one of the large cities.. If it was put in say Cherno or Elektro, it may be a bit too instrusive. I'm thinking Berezino because that side of the map isn't visited all too often and it would be like a hidden gem on the map. Another option would be to have it be beached on some shore. Judging by its dilapidated state, this would probably make the most sense as survivors would want to salvage and jack some of the metal off it.

• Like 2

Tumbler.com is a very different website. :)

ANyway: Looks like moving through doors is less of a pain in the ass!

That ship looks fantastic! I love it, very atmospheric.

I wonder where it's going to be placed... can't be too far offshore because then it would be underwater. :D In Kaiolohia Bay, Hawaii, there's a rusting ship fairly far off the shore and upright, too.

Eq8jr28.jpg

• Like 8

Looks amazing,

P.S.

It's www.dayzdev.tumblr.com

NOT

www.dayzdev.tumble.com

This is what happens when you stay up till 4am to finish the dev blog :) sorry

• Like 11

The SA can't come fast engough. giggity keep it up guys!

• Like 1

This is what happens when you stay up till 4am to finish the dev blog :) sorry

Stop acting like you're Matt Lightfoot.

Forgiveness is not an option.

inb4graveyard

• Like 2

Bandits Bandits Bandits.. everyone is going to get sniped if they get even 500 meters away from it.

Challenge Accepted

Name it "The Skadovsk" and you will have tenfold the love and support you already receive

• Like 6

Have it near kamenka. Maybe then people will quit complaining about spawning in that general vicinity.

Edited by Talibambi
  • Like 3

Hello Matt Lightfoot, thank you for the update. In a previous thread you commented that there will be no vehicles in the game at release because the client/server architecture takes precedence. Has there been any progress on that note?

In addition, I have another important question. Several months ago I read that Bohemia Interactive would not be hosting dedicated servers for the standalone and that, instead, BI would be renting servers out to clans or anyone else who wants one like DayZMod originally was. I believe that model contradicts the "MMO client/server" architecture. Would you comment on this?

I raise this question because ArmA 3 has demonstrated a lack of security at Bohemia Interactive and allowing the server software to be used by third parties is the worst possible move in the interest of security and integrity of fair game play.

Edited by gummy52

It can be placed on the same spot that the non-enterable wrecked ship at northeast of the map is by now.

Edited by Guisho