Sign in to follow this  
bad_mojo (DayZ)

Cameras

I think it'd be a neat addition to add some different types of cameras to DayZ. They would serve no real purpose in terms of gameplay, but they could be used in role playing and also for their zoom capabilities.

It would be cool if you could tie the ingame camera to saving screen shots some how. When you click it takes a picture. Maybe even have a flash for night time pictures.

If possible some post processing effects could be used to give the image a fish eye or out of focus look to further the immersion and make the screen shots look unique.

Different types of cameras should be added, everything from a disposable film camera to advanced digital SLR cameras requiring batteries. Maybe even make different lenses that can be equipped, so if you want a fish eye shot of your group or want to scope in on a possible bandit, you can do it with the same camera and two lenses.

Another thing to make them more useful would be basic night vision capabilities that some cameras have.

If they were added I'd want to see many different varieties. It wouldn't feel right if you found professional grade DSLRs all over the place. Huge telephoto lenses should be as rare as GPS and NVGs.

• Like 14

why not add phones like chernaphone, you can add music, take pictures, maybe call people if you get their (ingame phones), maybe even text if you cant talk because a bandit is nearby

Imagine someone navigating the dark using only the flash on their camera, and then the person finding it on their mangled corpse in the morning, scrolling through the pictures reveals the story of their demise.

• Like 4

I think this is a really good idea.. take pictures of things to prove to friends it happened and for screen shots aswell = very good.

I also had the idea of security cameras wired to screens in random buildings/safehouse(s) in the urban areas but its a tad far fetch and intricate idea requiring alot of other awesome ideas, so i wont get in to it right now :D

why not add phones like chernaphone, you can add music, take pictures, maybe call people if you get their (ingame phones), maybe even text if you cant talk because a bandit is nearby

We're not sure of the backstory yet or how widespread the infection is but I'd imagine the phone networks are down unless the infection is just in Chernarus. If it's a world-wide problem then phone networks would die pretty quickly with nobody to maintain them.

I like the camera idea though.

• Like 1

phone cameras no need charger battery ones yes how bout cameras that need film and batteries can be used as a torch-ish thing a signal it would be very useful.

I'm guessing it would be impossible to actually store pictures on the object for others to look at, that would require uploading and storage space on the server. I think just having a basic object that can flash a light and zoom would be enough.

I simply just love this idea!

+ The flash of a DLSR camera could be use to confuse players.

- But would be used as a big use of trolling.

+ A sort of "As you said" night vision would be brilliant with these cameras.

- Not as good as the actual NV goggles,

= You should be able to craft them with Cloth, So it stops the big sun glare you get on the lens. They actually use this in real war/Missions.

= There should be a max of 2-4 types of cameras. Some as you said with bigger lenses than others.

+ Zoom function would be a top priority of use for the cameras.

+ It will basically act as as binoculars but with a lot more buttons assigned to it.

+ And you could make it take photos and send them to your hard drive like steam already dose/Can do. Could be the same concept.

If you played FarCry 3 and enjoyed it. Then you will know how the camera on that is SUPER useful.

A clever use of tools/electronics in the world of survival.

Edited by exomonkeyman
  • Like 1

I was just about to post his idea. 

Could make for interesting scenario's. I like the thought of stalking somebody, then placing their pics in their tent. 

Or perhaps being able to pin the pics on a notice board. 

You could post pics with writing. Because of the radio's, you could post radio frequencies with the pics... like maybe try to sell a car or a gun  :lol:. 

A Marker pen could become a lootable item so you could write on the picture, like MS paint. Draw penis's or swear words? So what, there's more of that in the average high school anyways

EDIT: Basic polaroid camera seems fitting. You could sell pictures of clan members to other clan members. Giving more accurate details and proof of weapons/ vehicles. Perhaps far-fetched but the more idea's the merrier eh?

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 1

Nice! I want one and while we are at it, could u throw a couple of loudspeakers to the lot? Fitted on my home made armoured car I can pretend I am the ice cream man and lure inocent souls to their demise, mu ha HA!

(Or try an apocalypse style attack :p )

Edited by Wisper