supercraft360

Dayz SA to be a failure

Hello everyone,

Over the past few months, I have been closely watching twitter updates, devblogs and just stuff about standalone posted by rocket in general. Rocket has the idea that everyone is into scarce starting loadouts and low vehicle spawn rates, which I have nothing against, BUT, this also means there will be no private hive dayz servers which I am extremely unhappy about. If this is to happen, I probably will not buy SA and stick with the mod - where it all started. I am quiet honestly confused with rocket's decisions as they will impact the future of his career. Because if he messes Dayz Standalone up, who is going to actually want to be in associated with him? Yeah - give him a chance, but this game is highly anticipated and if OP does not deliver, all hell goes loose. This will probably get deleted, but I am entitled to make my own suggestion about how standalone should run.

Yeah - standalone will be good, but will it rise above the mod? Or will it turn into a lame warz like game. Rocket, if you read this on MT Everest, please understand that by not appealing to more "Casual" users, you are missing out on a big audience which will make dayz the game of the year.

Edit:

Please excuse me if you thought I was the kind of guy that likes starting with a mp5sd with steak and walking around corners finding vehicles, no. I like having barely any vehicles on my server, and higher zombie spawn rates. What I don't like is going on to public servers and having fuckhead scream on side channel and just camp spawn, which will still be a issue in SA. Trust me, the first thing you will hear when you first logon to standalone, is prebs shouting the their microphones and camping spawns... This will always be a issue, unless rules are put in place, and since their will be no private hives at first, we will have to deal with prebs. That's why disable side channel and have teamspeak so I can monitor it much easier. Dayz would be nothing without custom maps, on youtube over 50% of videos are taken on custom maps, so are live streams, and rocket has already said that community made maps will not be avaible as they can open holes to hackers, but isn't battleeye and VAC getting upgraded and put in? Regardless, I see his concerns, but it's just another reason for no private hive servers, done deal.

Thanks for reading,

Josh

Everyone else who lives in reality apart from this lot of deluded fanboys and apologists, apart from you and me know the truth, but they still trot out the old "it's still alpha" card that was worn out last christmas,

deep down they know it's doomed but can't face reality that their beloved game and rocket are not going to deliver the virtual utopia they so crave, below are my top 5 dayz faboys stock apologies

1. "it's still alpha" <-----say that in 5 years

2. rocket is a gaming god bow down to him

3. you do not know how hard it is to make a game your opinion is irellevant.

4. in a 5 year olds voice..you are stupid blah blah blah...stop been a hater.

5. He's a War Z fanboy burn him!!!

go ahead admin and issue a butthurt warnning, it's not like i need this site as fresh air, infact you do me a favour! i know it's doomed... time for the rest of you to wake up too.

I read the original post, and a couple pages afterwards before it turned into everybody saying the same thing repeatedly. So I'll say this again.

If the 'casual players' all drop and disregard DayZ because of the time frame/content, I'll be happy.

The original fanbase and the community that propelled this game into the spotlight are what made this game awesome. Personally, I'll enjoy it getting back to its roots. The way Rocket intended.

Call me a fan-boy, because I admit to it. Go away, you 'casuals', because honestly, in the long-term, you just make this game suck.

Branding detractors as "casuals" does not hide the fact that you have your fingers in your ears and ignoring the big white placards that are infront of you, bit of a story here,

I was once upon a time a big medal of honor fan, a ww2 fps shooter franchise, when EA decided to take it into the modern warefare era the long time fans knew it was going to fall on it's arse,

but those !fanboys" would not listen, and would hear none of it, the forum spokeman promised "communication" ergo pretending they actually listen to their fanbase, i and those among us knew it was bullshit, when medal of honor 2010 came out and it bombed the forums exploded like mass dissintary, but when EA mentioned they were working on medal of honor warfighter, it was back to square one.

the fanboys forgot about the last piece of shit game and they wiped their memories, until warfighter came out and the hate was so bad that EA deleted a third of the forums relating to medal; of honor.

they can delete threads but not our memories, and i see the same thing here. sorry excuse me for been a bit sceptical.

go ahead admin and issue a butthurt warnning, it's not like i need this site as fresh air, infact you do me a favour! i know it's doomed... time for the rest of you to wake up too.

The post you replied to is over a year old. Please don't resurrect topics without adding something significant to the conversation.

Locked.