r4z0r49

Wind and ballistics system

The features are as follows:

• Variable wind system.
  • Deviation for all projectiles in DayZ based on wind
  • Dynamic wind source that changes in volume with respect to wind speed to simulate the wind direction
  • Trees and bushes now make a 'blowing in the wind' sound. Also dependent on wind speed.
  • Wind sound effects are lowered when indoors
  • Guns now make a reverb sound when they are fired indoors
  • Firing indoors is P'vd over the network so other players can hear if you are firing indoors

VIDEO:

Z66PKvq.gif

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 2

EDIT:nevermind.

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

You're link =

HTTP status code: 504 :(

Might be my work network acting up though :( I'll check when I get home...

post-11955-0-77327400-1364912118_thumb.j

Something like this has been brought up :-)

• Like 1

Z66PKvq.gif

i quote this :beans: B)

the question is, will this feature brought up for the standalone or the mod ??

Edited by TiMEDANCE

i quote this :beans: B)

the question is, will this feature brought up for the standalone or the mod ??

From my angle it looks like your profile pic looks like a lady squatting taking a shit or piss i don't even know also itr looks like her tits are hanging out.

• Like 1

In DayZ there is no such thing as Zombies they are infected humans not reanimated dead.

True, my bad.

i suddenly have desperate need

almost like this itch that just won't stopppppp...

From my angle it looks like your profile pic looks like a lady squatting taking a shit or piss i don't even know also itr looks like her tits are hanging out.

speaking of profile pics, your's is somehow inducing dirty thoughts in my mind, is that wrong?

Edited by Azrail

a question, is the wind always blowing easterly like the clouds? and if not how do you gauge direction?

a question, is the wind always blowing easterly like the clouds? and if not how do you gauge direction?

clouds will have to move accordingly, but most of the time i just see one grey mass, so could's ain't save to go after.

you could lick your finger tip and point it in the air

the question is, how would you implement that as game mechanic without making it look awkward

maybe you'd need a compass, and for like 3 seconds, it could show an blinking indicator with the rough range of the direction the wind is coming from

that would be best solution imo

Edited by Azrail

Hehe spot on! Can't wait for a feature like that to be implemented :) *bounces around like a 5 year old in a candystore :D :D :D*

will the tree and bush models allow for some sort of wind blowing animation?

Im confused, Isnt windage already implemented in Arma2?

I say that because i remember that it was certainly a feature in OFP and that was over a decade ago.

From memory shots were definately affected by wind in OFP and you used to determine the wind speed + direction via map ui elements, strange if they took it out from arma etc..

Edited by Easy_Tiger

i know people will disagree, and have different opinions i respect that, dont get me wrong i dont want the game to become CoD, but arma2/dayz already has bullet drop/travel, imo adding wind is too much.

• Like 1

Cant wait for to be implemented, great work guys.

i know people will disagree, and have different opinions i respect that, dont get me wrong i dont want the game to become CoD, but arma2/dayz already has bullet drop/travel, imo adding wind is too much.

Why would it be too much?

I agree with shadowboxer. One the surface, great idea, but then I get thinking how are you supposed to accurately guesstimate the wind? Real world snipers have a spotter to range and judge the wind. It's hard enough finding a rangefinder in DayZ.

I personally think that trying to get ultra realistic with things in the mod is spoiling it and I don't want to be playing a shooting sim while avoiding zombies/hatchet attack from behind. The devs have some great ideas and do a good job at implementing them, but sometimes they should sit back and look at the game they're working on and see that certain ideas are not for that game.

just my 2 cents...

• Like 2

Awesome, thank you. I've been also reading the next patch notes. Cool patch.

I agree with shadowboxer. One the surface, great idea, but then I get thinking how are you supposed to accurately guesstimate the wind? Real world snipers have a spotter to range and judge the wind. It's hard enough finding a rangefinder in DayZ.

I personally think that trying to get ultra realistic with things in the mod is spoiling it and I don't want to be playing a shooting sim while avoiding zombies/hatchet attack from behind. The devs have some great ideas and do a good job at implementing them, but sometimes they should sit back and look at the game they're working on and see that certain ideas are not for that game.

just my 2 cents...

Yes, but firing a sniper is meant to be difficult. So you want a weapon that one hit kills, which doesn't have any disadvantages because you can store it in your backpack as if it were an MP5?

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 1

Double post sorry.

Edited by Mitor

Who needs a standalone when you have a mod like DayZ :lol: thanks to the guys working on this! Can't wait to (find a flippin sniper rifle) try it out but I love the prospect of wind and appropriate sound changes, awesome!

Speaking of realism, do you plan to adjust fuel capacity of vehicles and fuel consumption to actual RL values?

For example RL Kawasaki M1030 has up to 6 galon (22.7 liter) fuel capacizy, depending on the model and with that it does some 600 kilometers.

Ingame one has 50liter fuel tank!!?? (absurd) and does 18 kilometers with full tank.

Sources:

http://olive-drab.co...s_m1030_m1d.php

http://www.dayzwiki....wiki/Motorcycle

Ridiculous. ;)

Because distances are not(and cannot be made) realistic. Are you going to make a map so large that fits into those parameters?

• Like 1

Let's keep the topic about the introduction of wind to the mod please. Cheers.

Hello there,

Anything adding to the complexity of sniping is a great idea. That way not everyone is a 1337 sniper, it may not be 100pc realistic but it adds a great sense of realism which for me is super.

The more pseudo realism the better.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 6