r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

There's more than just discussion in this thread than issues with the infection rate.

This contains other issues as well regarding 1.7.7 Patch. The thread title doesn't just address the infection.

There's more than just discussion in this thread than issues with the infection rate.

This contains other issues as well regarding 1.7.7 Patch. The thread title doesn't just address the infection.

1.7.7 is no longer the supported patch version. 1.7.7.1 has been released. If you have any issues with that patch, post it in the new, relevant topic. This one is now irrelevant.

I like everything being tougher and that the zombies are now finally a threat. However the one thing that is a pain is the way they now seem to detect you instantly when you go inside. Like if you've been sneaking around undetected and then crawl into a building, they all come running.

Can't wait till 1.7.7.2 when it plays more like this version again!

Edited by NikoGT

This topic is no longer needed download the hotfix.

y hotfix seems much better.. i dont get infected with first hit right after spawn now :)

I'm down with infection, it's challenging and has really helped the game get its original feel back. But I just got diseased by running over an infected zombie in a Ural.

Really? You're taking away the one haphazardly fun thing left to me, running over zombies? Serious?

Edited by HeraclesJones

Sneaking into a town at night, carefully trying to get into the store, hoping to find a map. Peering over the roadblock in 3rd person and not making a move, when the zombie standing still, two blocks away agros on me and in a flash the whole town's zeds are after me. When I finally get into the store after half an hour of loosing these guys in the woods, there's nothing there but 2 tin cans and no one's been in there since the last restart.

Ok, crap loot spawns I can handle, though other mods (2017) went that route and the I'm sure the 6 people that still play them love it. Tougher zeds I can deal with; higher infection chances, that's cool too. The zeds allegedly have poor sight ESPECIALLY at night, but they apparently now can hear a dog whistle 2 km away and detect your heartbeat through concrete walls two stories up.

If it becomes impossible to survive in this "survival" game, especially when you first spawn with nothing - what's the point - why bother?

• Like 3

Sneaking into a town at night, carefully trying to get into the store, hoping to find a map. Peering over the roadblock in 3rd person and not making a move, when the zombie standing still, two blocks away agros on me and in a flash the whole town's zeds are after me. When I finally get into the store after half an hour of loosing these guys in the woods, there's nothing there but 2 tin cans and no one's been in there since the last restart.

Ok, crap loot spawns I can handle, though other mods (2017) went that route and the I'm sure the 6 people that still play them love it. Tougher zeds I can deal with; higher infection chances, that's cool too. The zeds allegedly have poor sight ESPECIALLY at night, but they apparently now can hear a dog whistle 2 km away and detect your heartbeat through concrete walls two stories up.

If it becomes impossible to survive in this "survival" game, especially when you first spawn with nothing - what's the point - why bother?

It's already mentioned that the zeds' vision at night is broken in 1.7.7 and fixed in 1.7.7.1

Edited by deetaili
  • Like 1

* [uPDATED] - Added 1 guaranteed loot spawn in every building.

Could anbody explain this a little better? If i log into a sever, alone, i'm going to find loot every place that loot spawns guarateed?

No, it just means there will always be at least one pile of loot in each building, as it is now there's a chance you can go into a building and find nothing at all.

No, it just means there will always be at least one pile of loot in each building, as it is now there's a chance you can go into a building and find nothing at all.

Right, so at the very least junk loot will be there, but maybe not loot i can use...thats good.

Probably my biggest issue with zombies, besides the fact they they aren't that much of a threat, is the matter by which they spawn in making a B-line straight for you or on an intercept course.

I think zombies should be dangerous in their own right and in the right ways, and not by introducing threat through annoyance. Zombies should spawn in moving in completely random directions. Let their detection scripts and the player's level of caution dictate whether or not a zombie finds a player.

I like for zombies to be enough of a threat to warrant caution. But when a player is playing in the spirit of the game, using caution to avoid zombies, it can get annoying when you have a steady stream of zombies spawning in that just happen to be heading right for you or on an intercept course. So if a player is being cautious, he has to spend a lot of time lying, crouching, or otherwise hiding in one spot while zombie after zombie walks by. So it can get a little annoying, especially considering that DayZ is full of bandits and pvp. You don't want to stay in one place too long.

So the current spawn mechanic discourages caution. I don't think so many would complain about zombies being too powerful (even though they're far from it) if players could use caution when needed without having to constantly be sitting still for extended periods of time while waiting on trains of zombies to wander slowly across their path.

Probably my biggest issue with zombies, besides the fact they they aren't that much of a threat, is the matter by which they spawn in making a B-line straight for you or on an intercept course.

I think zombies should be dangerous in their own right and in the right ways, and not by introducing threat through annoyance. Zombies should spawn in moving in completely random directions. Let their detection scripts and the player's level of caution dictate whether or not a zombie finds a player.

I like for zombies to be enough of a threat to warrant caution. But when a player is playing in the spirit of the game, using caution to avoid zombies, it can get annoying when you have a steady stream of zombies spawning in that just happen to be heading right for you or on an intercept course. So if a player is being cautious, he has to spend a lot of time lying, crouching, or otherwise hiding in one spot while zombie after zombie walks by. So it can get a little annoying, especially considering that DayZ is full of bandits and pvp. You don't want to stay in one place too long.

So the current spawn mechanic discourages caution. I don't think so many would complain about zombies being too powerful (even though they're far from it) if players could use caution when needed without having to constantly be sitting still for extended periods of time while waiting on trains of zombies to wander slowly across their path.

the current spawn mech is the one you just outlined ? They will only attack if your agro then with sight or sound.

the current spawn mech is the one you just outlined ? They will only attack if your agro then with sight or sound.

I wasn't saying that they spawn in aggroing on you, if that's what you throught I meant. I'm talking about how the zombies spawn in and begin wandering straight toward your position or on an intercept to your heading rather than a completely random direction. If each zombie spawning in began to wander in a completely random direction, you wouldn't have all 3 coming straight for you or across your path as they do now. When you have 3 zombies spread out walking the same line across your path, you have to sit there and wait for them to pass if you want to play it cautious, and not just go running through town and buildings streaming a train behind you.

I was saying let the wandering of the zombie be random, and if they detect you with their detection scripts, so be it. I was simply referring to how they spawn in and instead of wandering randomly, they wander straight at you or on in an intercept coarse. As more and more spawn in doing the same thing, you end up sitting in one place or backtracking constantly due to the steady stream moving across your path.

Edited by H4YW1R3

People are still making these hyperbolic posts about how the game is now "impossible to survive"?? It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be. Adapt, learn, change your tactics. The game is now more challenging, but still *very* playable. Learn how to be stealthy, and when stealth doesn't work, learn to weigh risk vs reward and decide when it might be better to just skip the grocery store and either move on or come back. Watch any zombie movie or TV show and you're garanteed to see a scene in which the protagonists have to weigh the potential risks of death or infection against the benefit of of obtaining something from a location that they have to enter. It's part of the game (finally, after months of simply being able to walk around stupid zombies) and if you don't like it or think it is unplayable then maybe this isn't the game for you.

BTW, there's plenty of DayZ mods that are running on pre-1.7.7 settings with easier zombies, so give them a try. You might like it more.

• Like 1

I wasn't saying that they spawn in aggroing on you, if that's what you throught I meant. I'm talking about how the zombies spawn in and begin wandering straight toward your position or on an intercept to your heading rather than a completely random direction. If each zombie spawning in began to wander in a completely random direction, you wouldn't have all 3 coming straight for you or across your path as they do now. When you have 3 zombies spread out walking the same line across your path, you have to sit there and wait for them to pass if you want to play it cautious, and not just go running through town and buildings streaming a train behind you.

I was saying let the wandering of the zombie be random, and if they detect you with their detection scripts, so be it. I was simply referring to how they spawn in and instead of wandering randomly, they wander straight at you or on in an intercept coarse. As more and more spawn in doing the same thing, you end up sitting in one place or backtracking constantly due to the steady stream moving across your path.

I feel this has been one of the best additions to the game. It makes it more challenging to hide in a bush and snipe a town. I really hope they re introduce wild-spawning zeds again soon once they figure out the FPS issues. Before wild spawning zeds and the tendency of all zeds to wander towards you, people could just hide in a bush or tree just uphill from a town and leisurly snipe anybody that came through. The new mechanics force you to keep moving, reposition, and deal with dispatching zombies that are now close enough to you to aggro when you sipe the poor bastard in town that's foraging for a can of beans.

No, wild spawning zeds are just bad. Broken in every way. Make zombies tougher if it still isn't challenging enough. But wild spawning zeds are just awful.

Its a sad day when you loose an as50 that you have had for around a year.

Having experienced 7.7.1, I have to say if you're alone, and no ones been through a loot spot in some time, the odds are very very good you'll find crap and a little less good you'll find nothing.  That's is anything spawns at all.  In fact, in small structures, doorways, etc - there will likely be a zombie parked there.  If you use some ruse to lure him out (since you're completely unarmed) and he goes for it, you'll likely have agroed the entire town (they talk to eachother now ye know).  If you get inside, hoping for that ax to defend yourself with, you'll get cans or nothing, or a rotor which is always handy to a new spawn with a patrol pack.

I have noticed hitting places like barracks in a group of two or more seems to increase the loot value.  I sat near the south barracks at NWAF for a week, checking every night and the best weapon that appeared was an M4A4CCO with a couple of AKs and shotguns.  The first night someone went in with me an L85, M16A4 ACOG, DMR, SVD, both 5.52 and 7.62 ammo boxes, range finders, and a GPS appeared.

I get the distinct impression the modders are against solo play.

Edited by Uhlan

I have noticed hitting places like barracks in a group of two or more seems to increase the loot value.  I sat near the south barracks at NWAF for a week, checking every night and the best weapon that appeared was an M4A4CCO with a couple of AKs and shotguns.  The first night someone went in with me an L85, M16A4 ACOG, DMR, SVD, both 5.52 and 7.62 ammo boxes, range finders, and a GPS appeared.

I've only got anecdotal evidence of this too (as opposed to quoting code), but I've always felt this as well.

Not just the amount of loot, but the value of it.

The most recent clear example was in v176, spending dozens of hours looking through residentials for a ghillie.

I had just checked a yellow building (12 loot spots; 4 had spawned, but it was trash) and was just about to move on.

Three other players suddenly ran right past the building into the village without seeing me behind the building.

I went back into the building for cover - to watch them through a window - and a ghillie was sitting there.

It actually pisses me off sometimes when I'm alone on the map spawning crap, and I can hear a group of guys in

Teamspeak elsewhere on the map getting totally geared up.