The development team behind DayZForever welcomes you, and invites you to try out our new server hosting DayZ Epoch. We are one of the original private servers to publicly host the mod.
A cross between Wasteland/traditional DayZ - DayZ Epoch is a new mod that features a tons of changes from the original DayZ gameplay, here are some of the key features:
1) A new currency system. Collect items, sell them to NPCs and other players and gain Gold, Silver, Copper, Tin and Aluminum bars. Use these collected items to purchase vehicles, items, and storage containers.
2) Trader NPC cities and whole salers - find items, sell them to traders, gain currency and visit other traders to make different purchases to benefit your character. Wholesalers sell a limited range of items for relatively cheap. Trader NPC cities are special protected areas where PVP cannot occur. They are still vulnerable to vehicles though (layout changes coming).
3) Play as an infected player - die while infected by a zombie and become an infected player with special infected abilities - including enhanced speed and an inability to bleed. As a trade off, you lose the ability to use weapons or vehicles.
4) Salvage/Siphon system - Salvage parts from vehicles (tires + windshields) and use them to repair other vehicles. Siphone fuel from vehicles with empty jerry cans.
5) Dynamic vehicle spawn and road debris spawn system - The game world constantly changes with new vehicles and road based spawns..
6) Male or female characters with over 10+ custom skins.
7) Purchase vehicles and lock them to your CD key - other players cannot enter locked vehicles, but beware - they can still be damaged and destroyed!
Full features here:
How to play?
We will be launching the server at 6PM EST on 3/25/2013.
You must have DayZ Epoch installed - www.dayzepoch.com - if you have questions on how to install register at our website and post in the forums. Essentially, you may either use the program described on the website, or extract the client files to your Operation Arrowhead folder (like DayZ is installed).
Our server is privately owned and maintained, and we have no affiliation with the DayZEpoch dev team. We thank them for their hard work on this incredible mod.
You do not need to be whitelisted on the DayZEpoch website to play on our server.
We look forward to seeing you all in game.
Common Questions + Issues:
1) Is the mod on DayZ Commander?
Yes - you can install and play from DayZ Commander!
2) I tried to join the server and received an error "Server is running version of DayZ 126.96.36.199".
Make sure you uncheck @DayZ from your mods list, and leave only @DayZ_Epoch checked.
3) Server says incorrect version.
Make sure you install the latest ARMA Beta Patch (102591) - this can be installed from DayZ Commander.
4) Server says incorrect Day Z Epoch version.
Make sure you have the latest version of DayZ Epoch!
Edited by dayzforever, 10 May 2013 - 11:39 PM.