roykingtree

Character dies, becomes NPC Zombie

Do you like this idea?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• Yes
    • No

I'm glad to see the reception this suggestion is getting. Bottom line there are many ways you can go with this idea as long as you change the current zombie lore. And seeing how the DayZ backstory is still in its infancy, it rally shouldn't be a problem. I hope a dev sees this and mentions it to Rocket.

Nightvision and rangefinders can get foggy, and rust. Or maybe the NV will just stop working. The Clothing will get holes in it and become extremely dirty. And they also need creepy animations! Such as, at random intervals throw up. Or spaz out, and make more groaning noises. Like they're in immense pain. Spazzing, groaning, and throwing up random moments mixed together with the cover of night, would terrify me to the core. Maybe some creepy music in the background. Suggested here (

) . The music should sound when it gets dark out.

I'm glad to see the reception this suggestion is getting. Bottom line there are many ways you can go with this idea as long as you change the current zombie lore. And seeing how the DayZ backstory is still in its infancy, it rally shouldn't be a problem. I hope a dev sees this and mentions it to Rocket.

I'm note sure why it is to be honest. I've seen it suggested dozens of times. I think I even made it myself a few months ago. Rocket himself said it wasn't really possible in one of his interviews.

I like it, i think it adds more variety to zombies and their gear, as well as making the game more immersive and difficult. I really don't give too many shits about whether or not the lore adds up, but for the sake of calming down the people who do I would also support the idea that it only occurs when the player is killed directly by zombies.

I'm note sure why it is to be honest. I've seen it suggested dozens of times. I think I even made it myself a few months ago. Rocket himself said it wasn't really possible in one of his interviews.

for the mod maybe

but for the SA this sounds like an excellent idea.

want.

I'm going to have to agree to this idea. But it would be a pain in the ass if I got an SVD camo + ghillie suitand then I get horded by a bunch of zombies then lose my SVD camo and ghillie suit then it would a real pain in the ass. Not to mention my corpse spawns as a proning zombie with the ghillie suit then wonders into the forset then it would make things virtually impossible.

I'm going to have to agree to this idea. But it would be a pain in the ass if I got an SVD camo + ghillie suitand then I get horded by a bunch of zombies then lose my SVD camo and ghillie suit then it would a real pain in the ass. Not to mention my corpse spawns as a proning zombie with the ghillie suit then wonders into the forset then it would make things virtually impossible.

WOULD SUUUCK.

Once they're dead, they're dead. When something dies, its immune system (along with everything else) shuts down. I find it highly illogical to catch a disease, when dead. You rot out to a skeleton. That's why I thought of when a Zombie hits you a certain amount of times, ( I dont know how much) that it spreads the disease to you. The infection, is a disease! Hence, called the Infection. Isn't that how the Infection started? Getting bitten by a Zombie, then turning to a Zombie?

The disease was caught before they died, ergo it was airborne. This disease must interfere with cells somehow when a person passes on, and reactivates the body (mainly the brain) to work again. It makes the thing react to stimuli, and have a hunger for something to eat, preferably human flesh. The idea of this probably came from as a last survival tactic, people would eat each other. As you said, once it's dead, it's dead. Therefore, the body is going to essentially rot away until the area of the brain (brain stem) is destroyed by bacteria.

It's basically a moving dead human, the way I see it. It's VERY similar (if not identical) to The Walking Dead's method of zombies, where once you die, you turn. The bites are from the fact that these dead organisms have things like germs and viruses living on their teeth, and causing these things to get into the bloodstream will obviously get you sick, causing you to die.

Edited by Gesundheit

hmm....strange my post gets remove for swearing a few times.....your post remains even though its claiming i have mental issues and need to go to a mental institute....mockery of mental issues.....swearing......tell me your kidding mod/admin? i see swearing all the bloody time....also.....STFU

Point taken - i have hidden relevant posts.

Lets all be civil please

Point taken - i have hidden relevant posts.

Lets all be civil please

okey

If it were me, I would be too impatient to try and run around defeating the alive players. I'd suicide my zombie character straight away. I don't enjoy the thought of the idea sorry.

I think only part of this should be introduced.

Rocket has made it clear the zombies are in fact just really sick people, not the dead walking.

This is how id make this work for the best that pleases both arguing sides.

When you die to a player, or a car/heli crash, or falling from the top of a 6 floor building, it will clearly say "YOU ARE DEAD"

When you get attacked by zombies and they swarm you taking you to no blood left, it will say "YOU ARE INFECTED"

Having said that, it wouldnt change anything. you wont walk around like an infected, you just respawn like normal. Although, your body will be animated when you click respawn and will walk with the infected. <--- Best way for this to work so far

many of the ideas here i.e zombies infect you would give em a buff o to speak so it is an actual apocalypse where youre trying to survive zombies not players which is good.

If it were me, I would be too impatient to try and run around defeating the alive players. I'd suicide my zombie character straight away. I don't enjoy the thought of the idea sorry.

LOL, you didn't read the post.

What it is not:

1. You die, you spawn as zombie [controlled by you] and run around infecting people.

Rocket himself said it wasn't really possible in one of his interviews.

Source please.

I think only part of this should be introduced.

Although, your body will be animated when you click respawn and will walk with the infected. <--- Best way for this to work so far

FFS, this is exactly what the suggestion is??

FFS, this is exactly what the suggestion is??

No point in acting like an asshole by pulling two lines from my entire post and throwing it out of context. Also, if you would have read my entire post you would see that it ISN'T going with your full suggestion.

The first line in your post says

Suggestion: When a character is killed (by zed or another player) that characters body "reanimates" into a zombie (much like The Walking Dead).

the reason i said Only part of this should be introduced was explained in my entire post if you would have paid attention. You cant come back as a zombie if you get killed by a player, because you got killed. The zombies like theyve said a zillion times arent dead, just infected.

* Taken from the post you pulled those two sentences from since you didnt read them the first time*

When you die to a player, or a car/heli crash, or falling from the top of a 6 floor building, it will clearly say "YOU ARE DEAD" < your body will not reanimate

When you get attacked by zombies and they swarm you taking you to no blood left, it will say "YOU ARE INFECTED" < your body will reanimate

Edited by -Guardian-

LOL, you didn't read the post.

What it is not:

1. You die, you spawn as zombie [controlled by you] and run around infecting people.

Did you not understand me? I don't want to come back as a zombie, it's as simple as that. I enjoy trying to survive, not trying to infect. Hence my earlier post.

Edited by cgSprite

The problem is that (I can't believe how many times I've said this already) if you die, you can't become an infected, because, well, you're dead. The infected in the game are not zombies, but living, infected humans. This much has already been established by the devs.

When making suggestions in the future, try to think if your suggestion would make sense in real life. Most of the people on here (devs included) seem to be pretty hardcore roleplayers, and any magical or supernatural suggestions usually receive a lot of flaming (as they should). The supernatural just doesn't belong in this game.

Again, suggestions should be based on reality, and make sense in real life. For example, if you don't know what viruses are, you should read up on real-life viruses before you make a post about how the virus in the game should work. This saves everyone's time.

Oh please do stick this explanation somewhere man. If Dean is getting inspiration from 28 days later, 28 days later is a zombie film, they're zombies.

I don't see the big problem with your player becoming a normal infected.

Edited by Victus Mortuus

Did you not understand me? I don't want to come back as a zombie, it's as simple as that. I enjoy trying to survive, not trying to infect. Hence my earlier post.

What it is not:

Did you not understand him?

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

First time reading this topic and even I understood what it meant lol

I like the idea, people shouldnt be able to run back to their bodies, and it would make for great random loot finds, and encourage people to kill zombies rather than just run around them

also it would add more horror if the infected player didnt reanimate right away, but at a random time, which could catch a different player offguard should it happen when they dont expect it