SmashT

PAX East - March 2013 - Presenation/Q&A/Interviews/Articles

I hope they do the whole "button to raise gun" thing, that sounds great

they already kinda have it. it just doesn't work with pistols(?). the thing is everyone wants to keep their weapon raised, cause who knows when you're gonna get shot at, and all of a sudden the time it takes to raise your weapon is the difference between life and death

Edited by daze23

Not a big fan of the hotbar, i like the old inventory better as of now but we shall see, everything else is amazing great work rocket keep it up!

You have to remember that it is made by programmers, the stuff that the designers will do to it, will probably make it more clear. This is just the outline of where everything will come. The final version will probably have some indicators of how many slots you have or how big an item exactly is.

personally I think it will kinda be like, an inventory has 6 boxes so it has 6 slots, then you have for example a weapon wich is exactly the size of those 6 boxes so you can fit them in there. Kinda like what was in Deus Ex Human Revolution. I think that inventory system was quite clear.

• Like 2

^ You're going to have to craft it.

• Like 4

I've never seen anyone willing to type up all that text for some random strangers on a forum, but that must be a good quality. Most of things I heard/read please me, but I'm not very happy that vehicles won't be making it into the game for a while. Why can't you just port all the current vehicles into the game? I understand they're trying to implement advanced mechanics for everything, but don't you think a crafting system for vehicles is a bit overdone? And to think, we'll only be able to travel on foot for almost six months, on a map even bigger than its current state. This is one of the very few times I've been unpleased with the development teams plans.

My Saturday night just got better. <3 thx Smasht

I've never seen anyone willing to type up all that text for some random strangers on a forum, but that must be a good quality. Most of things I heard/read please me, but I'm not very happy that vehicles won't be making it into the game for a while. Why can't you just port all the current vehicles into the game? I understand they're trying to implement advanced mechanics for everything, but don't you think a crafting system for vehicles is a bit overdone? And to think, we'll only be able to travel on foot for almost six months, on a map even bigger than its current state. This is one of the very few times I've been unpleased with the development teams plans.

Going off the way it was phrased, with emphasis on this quote in particular -

We want to have it so it doesn't feel like you are driving big blocks of stone around

It seems like they'll be redoing the vehicle physics rather than just adding crafting. That would be reason itself to accept a delay no?

Edited by CapricornOne

As someone who missed out on the early dayZ I'm really looking forward to the Alpha being stripped to the bone and playing among other people learning to play the game again.

• Like 5

so can anyone summarize interesting new information? doesnt seem like there were any

Except new movement, how the inventory will work, crafting, the hotbar, details on the improved health system (shock, blood, health), radios and craftable headphones, recorders etc? Nah nothing interesting.

• Like 1

THAT SOUNDED FURKKIN FANTASTIC!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!

THIS WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER MADE!!

It's player records will beat WoW!!!

just 2 concerns:

-UI: too uch win8 style for me. would like it darker, and with some kind of visual approach, f.e.: to look like the inside of backbag or something.

-hotkeybar taking away the need to take time to open your bag.

- the new daylight shaders. from the screenshots it looks way to intense blue and dark sky.

Edited by ponc

-UI: too uch win8 style for me. would like it darker, and with some kind of visual approach, f.e.: to look like the inside of backbag or something.

-hotkeybar taking away the need to take time to open your bag.

No art has been done on the inventory yet, it was just made by the programmers so they could get some visual feedback while working on the mechanics. That's why everything is fluro at the moment.

They mentioned in the Q&A if you take something from your backpack using the hotbar then it takes a longer time then if you take something out of your pockets.

Edited by smasht_AU

No art has been done on the inventory yet, it was just made by the programmers so they could get some visual feedback while working on the mechanics. That's why everything is fluro at the moment.

They mentioned in the Q&A if you take something from your backpack using the hotbar then it takes a longer time then if you take something out of your pockets.

nice.

so will there be something...official then? a short summary from the pax weekend on the devblog or their own videos from there? anyone got infos? and today is another Q&A from what i've heard?!

edit: holy sh** just realized what smasht did there!?! awesome

Edited by joe_mcentire

smasht you're effing awesome.

I've been playing a lot of other games, getting a little distance to DayZ and a little less hysteric about the imminent need for a SA release.

I love that they've learned both from the December delay, the WarZ release and also now, instead of confusing people with Minecraft models, Foundation released, they can simply point to ArmA 3 Alpha and say, we're doing it the ArmA 3 way. This is how we're going to do it and here's a clear example of how it's done right.

• Like 5

would be interesting to know if Arma 3 will use some of the new created DayZ stuff like the new skeleton ...

Edited by Private Evans

I recall him mentioning Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. If anyone has played that game they know how wonderful the melee system is. I will be interested to know how close SA melee is to Chivalry.

Any stream for panel that started few mins ago?

Don't know of any unfortunately, it was a last minute change to the schedule so most people probably don't even know about it, half the people in that room are probably expecting to see "WildStar: Journey To Nexus" Hopefully someone records and uploads though.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1