florian.de.los.santos@googlemail.com

[SA] Usable Indoor Fireplaces

I like it, it can be used for cooking, heat up yourself, lighting at night, attract bandits.

Edited by Wili

This is a really great suggestion! I'd personally would love to see this. Imagine if the seasons were possible to have. Winter having a heavy snow storm and forcing you to find shelter. This is what comes to my mind of a house like what OP showed.

This could turn into a meeting point like you tell your friend your are at random north city witch nobody go there...

Do a fire and boil your water and cook then wait for the rain/storm to pass.

I this this would be pretty awesome. Hiding in houses may be a pretty big thing too if they make it a bit easier to catch a cold. I hate those sneaky bandits so I'll be prone looking at the door with the sound cranked up... but whatever.

I kinda like this idea. Rocket did say you will be able to stay in a home & secure it so noone will be able to get in.

• Like 1

cool.

Edited by nousernamehelp

Its a nice idea and all but the map is not that big a couple people will surely walk pass by that house. I wouldn't hide in there unless you got a deathwish or there is an advanced trap/barricade system in the standalone.

Rocket did say you will be able to stay in a home & secure it so noone will be able to get in.

I really hope this is true. I'd love to board up a small cabin in the woods and spent the night there. :D

he proved you wrong there is always one. you're like the guy who said that the I saw rocket again would go to graveyard.

uhmm?

i was just asking a question.

dafuq were you thinking?

o.O

i can imagine the scene now... two buds cozy by the fire on a bear carpet they just made from that days kill. Both naked, the fire's light glistening off their skin. They bust out the bottle of wine they found earlier in a small town supermarket. Then they look into each others eyes, and they know...

BrokeBack DayZ

i can imagine the scene now... two buds cozy by the fire on a bear carpet they just made from that days kill. Both naked, the fire's light glistening off their skin. They bust out the bottle of wine they found earlier in a small town supermarket. Then they look into each others eyes, and they know...
BrokeBack DayZ
Well uhh... uhhhhh....that started out well.. carpet idea is a thought...( Maybe lying down on bed mechanic? its a thought) but after that i just dont know how to respond Edited by AnyoneInCherno?

I really hope this is true. I'd love to board up a small cabin in the woods and spent the night there. :D

Hopefully it will be implemented into the game! Fingers Crossed! :D

Anyway I don't think it'll need some kind of dynamic smoke. They'll only need to put a normal smoke effect on top of the chimney - no collision with other objects.

Thats true.. just a smoke emitter on top of a chimmney

It also just enforces the idea of having keys for doors as well (it could be rare to find a key and perhaps its numbered 2 a house in the town)... i hope we eventually can use boards of wood to nail over windows and doors.. when inside but then you obviously have to remove them to get out thus leaving the house vulnerable to other players again..

unless.. you had a key in the first place ^_^

• Like 2

It also just enforces the idea of having keys for doors as well (it could be rare to find a key and perhaps its numbered 2 a house in the town)... i hope we eventually can use boards of wood to nail over windows and doors.. when inside but then you obviously have to remove them to get out thus leaving the house vulnerable to other players again..

unless.. you had a key in the first place ^_^

and bashing through doors but breaking the lock and taking injury.

• Like 1

and bashing through doors but breaking the lock and taking injury.

Indeed it would be very cool if doors could be taken out but of cause only with reasonable realistic force. Shotgun rnd(s) in the right places could be ideal for an instant entry or an axe could take some time leaving the inhabitants time to decide on what course of action to take upon the invaders. Even being able to climb in & out of windows would be pretty wild. Imagine if you are inside your cozy house on the hill, scared shitless of the potential axe fucking murderer at your front door and all have got is a compass and beans. Quickly and quietly escape out a window on the otherside of the house ^_^

This idea would also reinforce the " nail doors/windows shut " and make it worthwhile to be implemented in the first place !

• Like 3