Sign in to follow this  
jona (DayZ)

Clever animals

The extent of detail youre going into on some of the animal ideas such as breeding to meat (pun intended) a specified criteria of how you want your dog to be is too in depth to even begin talking about implementing even a year after SA release.

Edited by -Guardian-

After reading all that, I hope to say that this isn't a weird excuse for watching two bears make love..

In seriousness, most people do not know how to make medicine from plants, let alone distinguish certain plants in the wild, or know the dangers of a certain plant and the benefits of another. Do most people know how to properly cure hide and form it into a nice, somewhat protective leather garment that could insulate heat while adding a layer of body armor? I like the idea of animals, but I don't want it to be ZooWorld 2025 Apocalypse version or ZombieMon, where you see a bear in every piece of forest you skirmish into. I like the idea, it's just that it should be super complicated (ex. selective breeding... who has the time for that in an apocalyptic Russia where everything is trying to kill you? Surely you're not going to force two animals rape eachother in a claustrophobic underground dugout?) Also, I'm not sure how many normal civilians capture bears and tame it as their pet...

• Like 1

After reading all that, I hope to say that this isn't a weird excuse for watching two bears make love..

In seriousness, most people do not know how to make medicine from plants, let alone distinguish certain plants in the wild, or know the dangers of a certain plant and the benefits of another. Do most people know how to properly cure hide and form it into a nice, somewhat protective leather garment that could insulate heat while adding a layer of body armor? I like the idea of animals, but I don't want it to be ZooWorld 2025 Apocalypse version or ZombieMon, where you see a bear in every piece of forest you skirmish into. I like the idea, it's just that it should be super complicated (ex. selective breeding... who has the time for that in an apocalyptic Russia where everything is trying to kill you? Surely you're not going to force two animals rape eachother in a claustrophobic underground dugout?) Also, I'm not sure how many normal civilians capture bears and tame it as their pet...

OK the idea of this is on the eyes people who don't care about animals/wildlife might just see a bear and shoot the thing to death like you would in any other game wich is fine. But if you go in depth there's more details and features can get used out of the animals if a player desires like how to handle situations with animals without your gun then you can. You say most people don't know anything about the plants and well that's true but if they don't know anything about like correct plants to use for medicine then they shouldn't do it or the can explore it and learn themselves by in game or reading online. Also it wouldn't be a feature that people are forced to learn to survive on its just a small benefit. What i suggesting is benefits like rocket said if you know how to read stars in real life then you can read the stars in dayz for directions, that's the whole idea of this suggestion if you know how to deal with wildlife and know how to survive on it in real life then you should be able to in dayz if you want and gain benifts from it like the star reading.

OK the idea of this is on the eyes people who don't care about animals/wildlife might just see a bear and shoot the thing to death like you would in any other game wich is fine. But if you go in depth there's more details and features can get used out of the animals if a player desires like how to handle situations with animals without your gun then you can. You say most people don't know anything about the plants and well that's true but if they don't know anything about like correct plants to use for medicine then they shouldn't do it or the can explore it and learn themselves by in game or reading online. Also it wouldn't be a feature that people are forced to learn to survive on its just a small benefit. What i suggesting is benefits like rocket said if you know how to read stars in real life then you can read the stars in dayz for directions, that's the whole idea of this suggestion if you know how to deal with wildlife and know how to survive on it in real life then you should be able to in dayz if you want and gain benifts from it like the star reading.

I know, what I'm saying it shouldn't be complicated.

Im glad to say I am the first one to suggest Bear spray in DayZ :D

I remember seeing your topic after mine was posted :lol:

I would like to see squirrels solving difficult problems to get at some nuts, players could make a assault course with nuts on the end and wait for squirrels to come along and try and get from a to b and win the nuts but you could have a sniper rifle pointing on the nuts so when the squirrel arrives shoot it and eat it. also crows are meant to be clever, maybe have crows who can take a nut out of a bottle using a piece of wire

edit make it so you can train a monkey to steal fruit from players tents

Edited by banjo
  • Like 1

Bump two year old topic with bad grammar  why not =D

Because its against all forum etiquette.

L

• Like 2