mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

Yay!

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 36

Love the intro

• Like 3

Horah! 3 things that kind were "meh" in the blog. First the testers were... awkward and didn't really participate much in discussion, it felt like Rocket had to force them to speak. Wish they could have someone like dslexy on this. Second, the blur/motion was kind of making me sick, maybe it just one of the post options that can be turned off. 3rd, the head bobs a little bit too much, in real life I barely see any head bobbing in my vision, hope Rocket will fix that. All of that aside, great job!!!

• Like 3

Hurragh! Lovin your work chaps.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Really good job. Can't wait for this.

Great news! I can not wait to see the inventory system. It sounds really amazing.

Love the vaulting and I think its awesome that the zombies will be numbering in the thousands and on the servers at all times. Really great to see them work on the pathfinding and zombie behavior too.

I love the PR unprofessionalism! :P

Looks really great, that city is f***ing huge! And it looks pretty much playable!

So, what do you guys and girls think: will it be out in April?

oooo, Rocket mentioned Dogs, and that Items may record details about who used them.

So adding 1+1, Maybe you will be able to Get your dog, to sniff items recently used, and the dog may Track down (Sniff out) the player that used the item last.

Very Cool.

• Like 3

Release date timeframe would be nice.

The lack of it just seems that the standalone is a very long way off.

well...you cant accuse them of scripting their videos

• Like 13

I still hope they do something about the lighting and color. It is way too dark an blueish ! Some people say it's just because of some clouds or the time, but in every video it looks the same.

Someone posted some screenshots how it should actually look ..

005_C1_zpscfdde992.jpg

003_C_zps43da2e1a.jpg

also the sun glare seems to be way too much, just like in the mod if we look at some old screenshots. Also the change of light / color in the current mod is just ridiculous. If you change your field of view the glare / lightning changes completely .. everything is colorfull if you look to the ground and if you look just a little bit more straight ahead / up it's getting darker. These changes are way too extrem and just unrealistic. especially as they also occur indoors ...

So please Dev-Team, do something about the colors / light / glare .... because in the game you experience these changes in lighting / glare very strongly but in realy life you don't even notice it that much. So it realy is just annoying.

Look how bright the desk and the lamp look / reflect the light:

1_dayz3.jpg

zombie-mmo-games-dayz-standalone-sun-room-screenshot.png

Edited by -Leon-
  • Like 4

Release date timeframe would be nice.

The lack of it just seems that the standalone is a very long way off.

I don't think it's that long because that gameplay footage seemed more or less ready for the masses. But what do I know.

Rocket is such a mystery-monger when it comes to the release date.... <_<

@-Leon- It seems to me (when I look at the pics you posted) that these problems can be fixed by adjusting the gamma and stuff like that?

Edited by kingkrabbe.#bof

We know that you want it released, and we know you want to know when this will be - but we’re 100% committed to making this a great game, and that means we are making sure to do things properly. We’re happy and confident about the progress, so it’s one foot after another and soon we’ll be at the finish line.

What a tease

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Don't know where to look. Too much awesomness per seconds for my brains to compute.

Good job bohemia, DayZ is going to be the end of my social life, once again.

• Like 1