SmashT

FRANKIEonPCin1080p - Mar 2013 - Interview with Matt Lightfoot

Why Frankie? HE IZ A HACKZORZ OMG.....

This was interesting but tbh didn't cover much that we didn't know :)

Keep up the good work

Good interview - very informative. I for one am very happy they are taking their time on Dayz Standalone

Arma 3 Alpha looks superb and if they can use the good parts from that engine, we could be looking at Standalone being a bit special

Could it even rival GTA V? :P

Edited by Marmoo

I think Matt is always in the "re-hash what rocket has said" mode whenever in an interview. No offense, but Matt isn't really the man to ask specific questions that haven't been answered yet by rocket.

I'll do one later, to be honest there really wasn't much new here.

Thanks Smasht, that would be very much appreciated because I refuse to watch and give views to this video creator for unmentionable reasons.

Beanz.

• Like 2

But he is famous here for something else...

and what would that be?

But he is famous here for something else...

and what would that be?

If this turns out to be something hack related, I will destroy you both.

• Like 11

What about base building? Are you looking at allowing players to build houses in the game as your base and board them up etc?

Well that is one of the things that drove us to underground base building, every time you build something above ground it adds more items that need to be saved to the database, obviously if you have a 75+ slot server with hundreds of players building houses each day, after a week you have thousands of houses and the map is hugely cluttered, being underground you can control that with instancing and players won't have to download gigabytes of houses every time they join a server it can be done when they go to the instance though, really though that isn't something we are thinking about until later in the second half of the year.

Matt you def. should think about predefined base-buildings/zones so you can determine and therefore limit the max. amount at any given time.

http://dayzmod.com/f...-being-offline/

http://dayzmod.com/f...ggestion-bases/

Please check them out!

Edited by joe_mcentire

Another thread derailed because it involves Frankie.

:facepalm: x 100,000,000

Anyway.. It's pretty exciting to see all the progress the devs are making thus far, especially on the latest dev blog.

Edited by Private Cowboy
  • Like 1

btw any mentions of "that" incident and I'm gonna hide posts. I'm not gonna PM you about it either. you have been warned.......

btw any mentions of "that" incident and I'm gonna hide posts. I'm not gonna PM you about it either. you have been warned.......

oh shit son /\

The interview went pretty well. I'm surprised he didn't know where those pics of rocket came from.

• Like 1

Pretty sad that even mods cover Frankie for what he did and willing to erase anyone that mentions it. Reminds me of deputy Rawls. American democracy. Let's show those third-world fucks how it's done. B)

• Like 16

Time to lock this thread I think as people just can't help themselves and rather talk about something else then the actual interview. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 7

Why do some of you have to be so goddamn stupid? If you're asked not to talk about Frankie's hacking-related incident, DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. Plain and simple, idiots.

• Like 5

To the the guy claiming "censorship", well that's bollocks. Did you miss the uber thread and the hundreds of others discussing the whole hacking thing you keep wanting to drag up? The point is this isn't the thread to discuss that on. It's way off topic and is annoying as hell for the people that are sick of hearing about it and/or want to discuss the content of the actual interview.

Sadly it only takes one or two people to derail a thread that hundreds of others may want to read or participate in, that's why very early on in this thread I warned against it.

That's why we have topics. It's how forums work, go and read the rules if you're unclear about this.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 20