leviski

So...How long until a DayZ ARMA 3 port?

Well after seeing alot of stuff in dev blogs, and playing ARMA 3 I really think there's alot of things taken from ARMA 3 and placed into the standalone.

I just hope that the SA can match the solid feel of movement that ArmA 3 has presented. I don't think I've ever felt so in control of my character in a FPS before, and that kind of control could do great things for DayZ. Also, since it is still the same engine but heavily modified, maybe the SA will slowly phase in some aspects of ArmA 3 over time.

Agreed, I really hope A3 secondary stances make it into the DayZ:SA

• Like 2

This is too all that say porting dayz to arma 3 is a bad idea. Have you all forgot that Rocket said that the Standalone will be locked down and the mod will be open for modding and community ideas. I think 100% that dayz will move into arma 3. It is the only right thing to do if they are going to keep the Mod running side by side with the standalone. Keeping the Mod in Arma 2 is wrong once Arma 3 is release.

• Like 1

http://community.bis...ding_Characters

To all that think it will not happen they already allow models from arma 2 to be ported over to arma 3 . Sorry all the Arma 3 haters. Dayz is coming to Arma 3.. Not only that. But look at this http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/19sjsc/ of arma 2 maps have been ported over. It is in arma 2 textures, but it is working. Last thing needed to get Dayz working is the Arma 2 dayz Zombie models ported over to arma 3 it will be fully working. I can not see this taking more then a few weeks for the Very talented modders to get this working ..

Edited by Dobrowney

This is too all that say porting dayz to arma 3 is a bad idea. Have you all forgot that Rocket said that the Standalone will be locked down and the mod will be open for modding and community ideas. I think 100% that dayz will move into arma 3. It is the only right thing to do if they are going to keep the Mod running side by side with the standalone. Keeping the Mod in Arma 2 is wrong once Arma 3 is release.

It'll be interesting to see if someone makes a decent port to ARMA 3 that includes a feature or two that SA, despite their professional level of development, is missing like the movement modifiers, ragdolls or vehicle physics. We still have no idea what is in store for us with the SA but I can conceive that a dedicated mod team could give the professional SA team a run for it's money.

I do believe that the stand alone is on the same engine as Arma 3, so is that what the OP is talking about? DayZ on the Arma 3 engine?

Rocket has posted a number of times that The Standalone and Mod will run side by side. They will not stop working on the mod just cause standalone is out. The Community is Now in control of the Mod. Why would they stay within Arma 2 when Arma 3 is out. Arma 3 is closer to what the Standalone is at then Arma 2. So when the Community moves forward adding crazy and cool ideas to the mod for Rocket and his dev team to look it. It only makes sence at this point to move fully into Arma 3. Why would you stay modding in old software.

• Like 3

I do believe that the stand alone is on the same engine as Arma 3, so is that what the OP is talking about? DayZ on the Arma 3 engine?

The SA is on it's own engine that is being designed purely for the SA using assets from many different places.

• Like 1

The SA is on it's own engine that is being designed purely for the SA using assets from many different places.

I thought Rocket said it was mostly going to be using the Take On Helicopters engine, I.E arma2.5 ?

They have access to the engine and people on the team that have been working with the Arma engine in it's various guises for over a decade. They've made core changes that means it's already unique. Calling it the TOH engine doesn't really do it justice even though that was the starting point. They can use assets from Arma3 and everything being added (weapon models ect) are being made purely for DayZ. Things like the new player skeleton are unique to DayZ (allowing for better animation and more complex damage), Arma 3 is still using the old one, the one being developed for DayZ may be used in future BIS games if it works well.

The devblog has a lot of info on this, it's worth a read: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

I really don't see the point in an Arma 3 DayZ mod. We get the DayZ standalone in just a few months.

• Like 3

I really don't see the point in an Arma 3 DayZ mod. We get the DayZ standalone in just a few months.

Arma 3 has a much better engine .

• Like 1

DayZ SA and Dayzmod are completely different. I know that some people from the Arma community dont like changes and dont wanna see a dayz version on Arma, becouse of the kiddies invading arma and making it more commercial.

I'm always for changes just accept those and find a way to get rid of kiddies on the servers. Example: whitelist password protected server with an clan, that you only can join if you get accepted by the clan.

Dont get me wrong im an player since release of OFP, Arma1 etc etc, but sometimes a game needs to get more commercial so they earn more money for future development. more money means better updates.

Arma got more commercial but look at arma3 its still Arma and not an EA product. I´m sure bohemia keeps following the path they are on now.

Back to Dayz. i would like to see dayz on Arma3. reason is.

Like you see now there are more different versions of DayZ so people can choose a version they like to play. Dayz plus, dayz 2017, dayz epoch, dayz origins etc etc.

Dayz SA is just one version. Let modders do their thing the more mods are released for arma3 the better it is for the game.

The bigger the Arma community gets.

I dont like all the mods, but if i dont like a mod i dont play it, but im happy that people worked on it in their free time so they could enjoy other people with the mod.

and make the community bigger.

Thats my thought on it.

It'll be interesting to see if someone makes a decent port to ARMA 3 that includes a feature or two that SA, despite their professional level of development, is missing like the movement modifiers, ragdolls or vehicle physics. We still have no idea what is in store for us with the SA but I can conceive that a dedicated mod team could give the professional SA team a run for it's money.

they have confirmed better vehicle physics, and ragdolls. just not at launch

you have to remember that arma III has been in development for years.

Let's hope there will be no DayZ mod for Arma 3. It's unnecessary since standalone is coming out soon

tell me when plz " soon" end of the year ?

Hello there

We have no definitive release date.

There is speculation that something will appear before Rocket goes hill climbing, but there's no reason to think this is a definite date. Work can still continue whilst he is out the office. So dont count your chickens just yet.

Then again everything I have just written is speculation.

Let's wait and see.

Rgds

LoK

it will be out before april the 1st !

it has to be there is no other sales period for 6 months after this date !!!!!!!!!!!

so it will be out in alpha or beta this easter. remember i told you this and worship me as your new god B)

Okay guys, I just bought Arma 3 Alpha, and I was wondering if DayZ Standalone is gonna be worked on Arma 3's Engine ? It could be really cool, because the game is even more realistic than Arma 2, movements and driving are improved. I don't know yet about aeronef tho, inventory system rocks, with clothes system etc...

Edited by Kehlian
  • Like 1

it will be out before april the 1st !

it has to be there is no other sales period for 6 months after this date !!!!!!!!!!!

so it will be out in alpha or beta this easter. remember i told you this and worship me as your new god B)

No chance, Matt Lightfoot said in an interview with Frankie that it'll be this year, and he said it very loosly

No chance, Matt Lightfoot said in an interview with Frankie that it'll be this year, and he said it very loosly

haha dave still trolling ! its out easter regardless of what people think.

at end of day games are about sales. periods of the year are when games are launched /sold.

the next big sales period is in few weeks easter after that not until october time/november.

look at when hes going away aswell.

you will be playing a aplha beta on standalone by april 1st!. otherwise get ready for a longggggg wait as next sales period isnt till nearly christmas.

Edited by dgeesio

Dude the Mod and Standalone will Run Side by Side. Community will control the Mod. The BI Devs will control the Standalone. Rocket wants the Community to control the Mod can come up with Cool new ideas for the Standalone. The standalone will be fully locked down. NO MODDING ALLOWED. If you want to mod dayz or help add content, you will have to do it in the Mod and the BI devs will look at it and if the idea is good they will look at adding it to the Standalone. So why would the Mod stay in ARMA 2 ???

• Like 1