leviski

So...How long until a DayZ ARMA 3 port?

I cant wait until someone tries this lol, ARMA 3 has ALOT of cool new stuff even in its ALPHA phase its pretty impressive

(other than the NPC's being jedis and instantly knowing where you are after you fire with a silenced weapon)

• Like 4

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Edited by Charb
  • Like 14

haha, you know after seing alot of things in ARMA 3 and the Dev blog vids I think alot of things in DayZ standalone are from ARMA 3

It won't happen. DayZ is a Stand Alone Game now, why would they waste it for a newer ArmA Game? People seem to think DayZ is some ArmA: II DLC, it's hilarious and saddening both at the same time.

It won't happen. DayZ is a Stand Alone Game now, why would they waste it for a newer ArmA Game? People seem to think DayZ is some ArmA: II DLC, it's hilarious and saddening both at the same time.

It will be more likely that a Wasteland port will occur long before a dayz one and i doubt it will be till the full game is released

As we speak there is a small group of like minded Oxford university students working on a brand new zed apoc mod based on the Arma 3 engine, It is NOT Dayz, the project is currently unnamed although the coders themselves refer to it as 'project Arma-goodun'

• Like 7

Whatever happens we shoudl ALWAYS support new and creative ideas instead of bashing developers because of silly things...

• Like 2

Let's hope there will be no DayZ mod for Arma 3. It's unnecessary since standalone is coming out soon

• Like 2

I think there will be an official version or at least a release by the mods community devs. Think about it, Dayz mod was responsible for selling mountains of copies of Arma 2, 12mths or so from the launch of the standalone and they could do it all over again for Arma 3.

They could quite easily sell it as the first official new DayZ map dlc, they've spent years working on it, why not make even more money out of it?

Edited by DazTroyer

'project Arma-goodun'

*giggle*

• Like 3

Using this term : DayZ ARMA 3 port?

Never.

Now someone may try and make a mod that resembles DayZ but they will have to name it NightZ, or something else.

DayZ is now a BIS Trademark 2012, I've seen it in writing.

• Like 4

Hello...im currently working on a dayz port to arma3...should have a stable alpha release by the end of the month, entrance fee to the mod will be one naked foto of urself and a goat...send to me here on the forum

• Like 2

I think its feasible to say that this will be the case but it would have to be called something else. I think the standalone already has an army following including myself so I do not think there is much to worry about as I expect the game will continue to evolve into something more badass.

I never want to see DayZ on Arma 3.

+OP if you bought A3 just for a DayZ port, you don't deserve the game.

Edited by BwobBwub
  • Like 3

I never want to see DayZ on Arma 3.

+OP if you bought A3 just for a DayZ port, you don't deserve the game.

I'm buying a physical copy just to use as a coaster, Do I deserve it? Better yet, what business is it of yours?

• Like 8

Using this term : DayZ ARMA 3 port?

Never.

Now someone may try and make a mod that resembles DayZ but they will have to name it NightZ, or something else.

DayZ is now a BIS Trademark 2012, I've seen it in writing.

I don't believe mods are subject to copyright laws, are they? Otherwise surely Rocket would have had to gain permission from Coke/Pepsi/Heinz etc., which he didn't.

• Like 2

It will be more likely that a Wasteland port will occur long before a dayz one and i doubt it will be till the full game is released

There are already wasteland servers in Arma 3.

Yeah, I saw a Wasteland server last night, lol. xD

wasteland is already running, but it crashes alot, and ive already seen someone testing zombie ai on a server this morning

wasteland on this map aint great tbh but once we get Cherno ported over properly fun times to be had

the zombie server i was on was great they had way better pathing just by defult, they guy even took time to record his own zombie sound and they actually fucking awesome for somthing done in like 2-3 hours

EDIT

Just wanted to add that i would love to see a dayz mod in arma 3, i am going to get SA but with the mod there's a lot more stuff you can do if you know how to edit missions etc, i think people don't realize how different the two would be

Edited by Nillzie
  • Like 3

I just hope that the SA can match the solid feel of movement that ArmA 3 has presented. I don't think I've ever felt so in control of my character in a FPS before, and that kind of control could do great things for DayZ. Also, since it is still the same engine but heavily modified, maybe the SA will slowly phase in some aspects of ArmA 3 over time.

hello there

There will be a vast amount of a2 missions simplified and ported over.

Even Domination has hit A3 (dunno if Xeno's given permission for it though).

Remember they will be error prone and lacking in content as the alpha doesn't have a full compliment of "kit"

It is interesting how quickly it's happening. A very dynamic community indeed.

Rgds

LoK

Think about it, Dayz mod was responsible for selling mountains of copies of Arma 2, 12mths or so from the launch of the standalone and they could do it all over again for Arma 3.

None will buy A3 for DayZ. DayZ fans will buy standalone