rocket

The Notorious Can Incident

Um. Guys?

What the balls is going on?

If there's something THIS big going on, I would assume that I was aware of it. :I

I'm disappointed in myself in a way, but if this whole thing started because of what I think it did, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Edit; And why am I getting all these beans? I'm genuinely confused!

Edit2; Guys, stahp! D:

Edit3; I give up. BRING ON THE BEANS, MY MINIONS.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 12

What I didn't understand was the lack of accepting other people's opinions and the complete dismissal of them. Yes, the wonderful moderators and dev's deserve recognition for what they've given to DayZ, but surely now that the cans have been removed, normality can ensue, and the ENTIRE community can go about ensuring these awesome people get their deserved recognition, but in a non game-spoiling way.

• Like 2

Create a poll already so we can bury the hatchet. Hey look, a pun.

Here it is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MHB79BM

There have been 300+ responses already, 2/3's of them from the DayZMod forums.

*Edit*

And mod's don't you dare delete this post -.-*

Edited by Guidez
  • Like 6

I just found the whole "singling a certain group" thing to be very over the top. We should be noted and commented on for our work and input, not what we like or enjoy, that shouldn't be brought into the equation at all and last night upset me alot.

I have read both sides of the story back to front and i still have not slept, i understand that some people were a little sensitive over my idea for canned muffins and i apologize for that, but i actually do really like muffins and i thought it would just add a little more colour, i mean sardines... we can do better!

In the end i would like this issue to be addressed properly and maturely and i support whatever outcome is chosen, we all put alot of time and work in for you guys and i know you all appreciate it, but please don't bring my likes and hobbies into arguments where it just isn't necessary to, i am only human like the rest of you and i do have emotions, lets respect each other as you as an individual would like to be respected because in the end we all share one common hobby.... DayZ.

Yours

Derpy Hooves.

• Like 19

I was looking forward to your opinion on this rocket, and suffice to say you've impressed me once again.

:beans:

-New Dev doesn't stick by his guns and removes aforementioned implementation to remain political to a small minority of people (weak)

I can't agree more with that.

But, Hey. Spoiling is good isn't it ? Let's see the appliance and the consequences of that in the real life. ;)

Oh and for the record this will be a patch right? because I won't run it.

Come play with us if you want food/drink variety and not catering to overly needy internet whine bags... or scraping hard work by actual Devs who I'm guessing were told to "go with it" and did and now have to "go back to it" lol...

You modeler dude! I will not scrap your work and will give you CLEAR instruction as to what models I want worked on and how they should look/feel... I will be available to YOU the developer NOT the squaking children of Reddit how are more than likely WATCHING the game getting played/worked on instead of actually DOING anything.

• Like 1

What I didn't understand was the lack of accepting other people's opinions and the complete dismissal of them. Yes, the wonderful moderators and dev's deserve recognition for what they've given to DayZ, but surely now that the cans have been removed, normality can ensue, and the ENTIRE community can go about ensuring these awesome people get their deserved recognition, but in a non game-spoiling way.

i fear the opposite. now we've seen the communities seem to be sharply divided. i feel it's something about envy, feeling excluded, and the lack of appreciation what raised this issue. The cans merely were a metaphor..

• Like 1

So, lets recap.

-New Dev does noble thing by implementing community driven easter eggs in the form of in-game food (Removing what could potential become corporate sponsorship?)

-Stampede of jealous and bitter Redditors spread mis-information and mob Reddit and forums screaming like children until they get their way claiming immersion when there are so many ridiculous

illogical concepts in DayZ their argument is lunacy

-New Dev doesn't stick by his guns and removes aforementioned implementation to remain political to a small minority of people (weak)

Attacking other communities because you disagree with what they want really isn't constructive.
  • Like 3

Here it is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MHB79BM

There have been 300+ responses already, 2/3's of them from the DayZMod forums.

*Edit*

And mod's don't you dare delete this post -.-*

and all fora know of the existence? we don't want community (A) be treated differently then any other you know..

but please don't bring my likes and hobbies into arguments where it just isn't necessary to

Trust me those of us who didn't like the new can names agree with that statement just as much as you do. We understand you didn't choose to have it put in the game but we still don't want to see your likes and hobbies brought into DayZ. Because while I know HerpyDooves is just your username and it could literally be anything, It's still an obvious reference the My Little Pony and the canned muffins are over the top as well and I think your statement goes both ways.

Edited by NewClearWinter

Instead of making Herpy Dooves a canned muffin you could always turn it into a disease. Say you share a bottle of water you would walk away with a nasty case of Herpy Dooves that you would then claim was just a cold sore.

• Like 10

seriously.. the cans arent even a big deal, I dont know why everyone is focused on it... I for one am stoked for all the other stuff like the quiver and straight line running zombies.. oh and the freaking machete...

It's still an obvious reference the My Little Pony and the canned muffins are over the top as well and I think your statement goes both ways.

So what you little bugger? You don't like My Little Pony ? Nor do i. Actually i hate it. But the fact that Herpy Dooves Muffins used to be in game it's not a problem and it should not be for anyone. Do you know what is the problem? You, in a general scale. You should not be ingame. Not the Muffins.

I think it's time for George Carlin to take place in the discussion. I won't censor anything. My ban is near so. As you reddit little peeps say. YOLO.

George Carlin says.

Would somebody just put a dick in that guy’s mouth, please? ‘Cause that’s what he wants. He’s a cocksucker in disguise. He’s got his mouth open ’cause he wants someone to cum in it. Now, do you wanna keep making noise, motherfucker, and we can find you that way, or are you just a punk coward asshole bullshit loud motherfucker and you’re gonna shut up now so we don’t find out where the fuck you’re sitting? ‘Cause if you keep it up, we’ll grab your ass and throw you on the fucking street, where you belong, with your mother! And I’m fucking her in the asshole every night anyway, so fuck you and your sister and your wife! If you got a kid, I hope your fucking kid dies in a car fire! How do you like that, you stupid cocksucker? Shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of here! … You gotta use psychology. You gotta be a bit of a psychologist up here and know how to appeal to a person.

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 6

Attacking other communities because you disagree with what they want really isn't constructive.

That's all rhinoCRUNCH seems to know how to actually do. If you noticed he doesn't actually contribute anything to this whole topic other than complaing about the people who disagree.

He's making random statements saying that those of us who disagree are jealous and envious of the mods because he has no real arguement.

It's funny yet sad how he thinks everything he says is valid because he makes youtube videos and he is catering to the majority for more internet popularity and views on youtube because it's apparent that's all he's got going for him.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 1

Look past this as a pony cartoon and imagine that there is a dude behind the username.

Peeps need to chillax.

• Like 12

So what you little bugger? You don't like My Little Pony ? Nor do i. Actually i hate it. But the fact that Herpy Dooves Muffins used to be in game it's not a problem and it should not be for anyone. Do you know what is the problem? You, in a general scale. You should not be ingame. Not the Muffins.

I think it's time for George Carlin to take place in the discussion. I won't censor anything. My ban is near so. As you reddit little peeps say. YOLO.

George Carlin says.

Would somebody just put a dick in that guy’s mouth, please? ‘Cause that’s what he wants. He’s a cocksucker in disguise. He’s got his mouth open ’cause he wants someone to cum in it. Now, do you wanna keep making noise, motherfucker, and we can find you that way, or are you just a punk coward asshole bullshit loud motherfucker and you’re gonna shut up now so we don’t find out where the fuck you’re sitting? ‘Cause if you keep it up, we’ll grab your ass and throw you on the fucking street, where you belong, with your mother! And I’m fucking her in the asshole every night anyway, so fuck you and your sister and your wife! If you got a kid, I hope your fucking kid dies in a car fire! How do you like that, you stupid cocksucker? Shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of here! … You gotta use psychology. You gotta be a bit of a psychologist up here and know how to appeal to a person.

This is more pathetic than arguing over cans.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 3

I will not scrap your work and will give you CLEAR instruction as to what models I want worked on and how they should look/feel... I will be available to YOU the developer NOT the squaking children of Reddit how are more than likely WATCHING the game getting played/worked on instead of actually DOING anything.

You guys need to stop with the community splitting. Really. Just stop. We're trying to understand on how to better work together, but all you guys keep spouting is "Reddit is a bunch of children pew pew We are the Official pew pew".

If you want to go into numbers though, Reddit is hardly a minority. These forums have around ~1500 concurrent users, and total around 140k members. /r/DayZ has around ~500 concurrent users, with a 49k memeber/subscribed base. We need to mention though that 80% of the ~1500 concurrent users are actually Guest accounts which may or may not have accounts on these forums (IE; lurkers), and thus concurrent "members" on these forums equals to ~300.

All numbers aside, BOTH communities are equally large and "in charge".

• Like 6

Note: I am part of both communities, but have been more a member of ( B ) in the past few months. Needed to say that or else ( B ) will get up in my grill xD

Bitch you know that the hive-mind demands full disclosure, you best tell everyone you have a bias or risk your karma.

Oh and as for rocket, you can't tell me what to do!

****************ACTUAL SUGGESTION***********************

SO why not have a difficulty subset "reality on/off"... IE Verteran w/realism Veteran w/o realism

So reality on:

NO silly named foods or items

NO GPS

NO Waypoints

NO Streetlights

Ace weight/tiring system

Ace Medical treatment (dr's only and need the right supplies)

Reality off:

Put back in streetlights

Put back in the freaking food variety

Start being a little more relaxed with Campy ideas... maybe even do a third level of "Campy" that is teeming with easter eggs.

This could clearly be thought out in greater detail but I think there are so many different play styles but even among all those styles TWO TOTALLY different schools of thought regarding immersion/realism...

I got to be frank, there is SOOOOO little in the way of actually being able to make the game ultra real as it stands. I don't get why people pretend they can argue the merits of one thing being more realistic than another...

I've had someone give me a litany of reasons that GPS should stop working... after they finally talked themselves out about satellites falling etc, I pointed out that GPS is the US system and NONE of the DayZ maps are in the US so:

1. US might be fine and GPS is running great

2. The lack of a Glosnass system in game is ludicrous and unrealisitc...

People get too emotionally involved in their games and start pretending that it's real when it's not and it's not even set up to be very realistic... I could blood bag myself... but I sure as shit wouldn't be able to tell what kind of blood I'm putting in my veins unless the bags are marked and I know my type... which I don't.

Hell for the ultra real setting there should be testing centers where you have to actually prove your physical fitness and stamina. lol...

I'll take your immersion and drown you in it G'demmit.

• Like 3

You're totally right it's not about the cans but unfortunately it's a near pointless discussion to be honest as apparently if a developer works for free it means that they have a god given right to do anything they want according to quite a few posters and also as the mod is ALPHA it doesn't matter that important updates addressing issues are delayed due to new content and fluff being introduced.

• Like 3

Look past this as a pony cartoon and imagine that there is a dude behind the username.

Peeps need to chillax.

It's spot on Klesh, thank you. I hope others can see what you see too. I really appreciate that dude i mean it.

• Like 11